Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Anya.sh

Hi just to let people who are waiting for Waterford / Wexford know. I am 55 on panel and just got a call from PAS, they are up to my number and asked was I still interested. Told them I was but only Waterford City and they said they would check what was available and would get back to me.

Got a call today as well - I'm 60 on the panel. Similar situation to yours - could only accept Wexford; Waterford would be too far for me. Hopefully we'll get something suitable!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stickmam

connectq wrote: »
    Hi
    Can anyone who was a TCO and has received a permanent position have you looked into incremental credit for your previous service? I have been onto CPSU and I await a response.

I've just started as a permanent CO after being a TCO - I was told I would still have to do the 12 months probation but that time already served would count towards salary increments etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

podge_din wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what did PAS say when you told them this?

They were fine, said there's a lot of people on leave for Easter, so were very understanding

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mquinnmullally

Just heard back from PAS, no positions in Waterford City, they are going to keep me on panel but she wasn't very positive about any coming up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ruadh wrote: »
    Any idea if work in FÁS/ETB counts too?

Any bodies whose superannuation schemes are governed under the auspices of the Public Sector Superannuation Transfer Network- are included.

Typically- any public body which is non-commercial in nature- is included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Typically- any public body which is non-commercial in nature- is included.

I worked in NCAD (art college , Thomas Street)for 3 years would that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lou121ie

Pete Moss wrote: »
    I was in a similar position to yourself. Started a new job, then I was called for interview for the CO position, and references from my new employer were required. I approached my employer and informed them that it was an application process which had started over a year ago, long before I even went for the interview for the position I held with them, and as I had made it this far in the process, I wanted to see it through. They were OK about it and gave me a great reference, though I got on well with my supervisor, despite only being in the job for three months.

It's a tough one to call, but my advice would be to be honest with your employer. Otherwise, call PAS and explain your circumstances and discomfort, they may help you out.

I was the exact same position. Unfortunately that's the way the system works. Legally no employer can give you a bad reference so I would not worry about that. I worked in a job for nine years and PAS didn't even contact them, they contacted my most recent employer of less than six months! I explained it the same way above.. that the process was started long before applying for current job blah blah..Best of luck with it all.

I worked in NCAD (art college , Thomas Street)for 3 years would that count?

It has its own scheme- and is not part of the transfer network.
    It still has to be a member of the transfer network.......
    You may have rights accrued to you in NCAD- depending on whether you were a permanent staff member, or on a fixed term contract (and if so- what the terms were)- which may be transferable- however, you need to query it directly- I'm not going to speculate.

It has its own scheme- and is not part of the transfer network.
    It still has to be a member of the transfer network.......
    You may have rights accrued to you in NCAD- depending on whether you were a permanent staff member, or on a fixed term contract (and if so- what the terms were)- which may be transferable- however, you need to query it directly- I'm not going to speculate.

I was permenent PT (4 days a week), when you say query do you mean Ncad or Public Sector job I'm currently in? Thanks.

I was permenent PT (4 days a week), when you say query do you mean Ncad or Public Sector job I'm currently in? Thanks.

Peoplepoint are now handling superannuation queries for the government departments- typically you'd confirm with the body that they were part of the transfer network first- then you'd get a statement of the period you were employed by them, alongside deductions etc- and then you'd present this to the Superann section and request your superann rights be credited with the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 MrsWoman

Peoplepoint are now handling superannuation queries for the government departments- typically you'd confirm with the body that they were part of the transfer network first- then you'd get a statement of the period you were employed by them, alongside deductions etc- and then you'd present this to the Superann section and request your superann rights be credited with the service.
    I have been told by HR that my 2 years previous service in the civil service does not count. Only 4 years and above (they disregard first 3 years) or currently serving permanent or temporary staff.

MrsWoman wrote: »
    I have been told by HR that my 2 years previous service in the civil service does not count. Only 4 years and above (they disregard first 3 years) or currently serving permanent or temporary staff.

I got 6 months from one of the state bodies incremented onto mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Got my references checked last week and a letter in the door this morning saying I got a job (Galway/Clare region)!

The only thing is, I won't be available to start for another 5-6 weeks and I'm worried it will lose me the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Cocolola wrote: »
    Got my references checked last week and a letter in the door this morning saying I got a job (Galway/Clare region)!

The only thing is, I won't be available to start for another 5-6 weeks and I'm worried it will lose me the place.

Congrats. They will understand that you can't start work straight away most places need a months notice. When the dept you are assigned contact you let them know the date you are available to start

When is the start date on your letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

I wasn't given one, just told I was successful and that someone from the department would be in contact soon with assignment details.

Cocolola wrote:
    I wasn't given one, just told I was successful and that someone from the department would be in contact soon with assignment details.

You're probably OK for a few weeks so.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Gah, they really keep us waiting, don't they.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Anya.sh

Just heard back from PAS, no positions in Waterford City, they are going to keep me on panel but she wasn't very positive about any coming up.

Hang in there, it's very likely something is going to come up in Waterford City soon - they have so many departments, etc. I'm going to hang on for Wexford. And the panel seems to be moving quiet fast recently. Was surprised they are into 50s and 60s now. we are so close now but the wait is agonizing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Anyone heard any movement lately about Carlow/ KK or Kildare / Wicklow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

I really hope you get something in Waterford especially since you had to turn down Kilkenny. You'd think there would be some positions available in Waterford City when you consider how many departments are based there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lolabelle1

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Anyone heard any movement lately about Carlow/ KK or Kildare / Wicklow?

Wicklow/Kildare are on mid 150's

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Ring them if you want to I rang them on the day I got my letter and within 3 hours I my got my start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Lolabelle1 wrote: »
    Wicklow/Kildare are on mid 150's

That's weird , they told me a couple of weeks ago they were in the 240s! Everyone seems to get a different figure each time!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mommammymam

That's weird , they told me a couple of weeks ago they were in the 240s! Everyone seems to get a different figure each time!

I got a really helpful lady on the phone last week.. She said there are less than ten people ahead of me in the CW/KK region and I am early 100's. I ranked mid 100's in Waterford/Wex and she said there wouldn't be much hope in reaching me in that region. Unfortunately as its my preference too.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

I got a really helpful lady on the phone last week.. She said there are less than ten people ahead of me in the CW/KK region and I am early 100's. I ranked mid 100's in Waterford/Wex and she said there wouldn't be much hope in reaching me in that region. Unfortunately as its my preference too.

What number did she say they had reached for carlow/Kilkenny I am 108 for this region the wait is a killer

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lolabelle1

That is strange ...I was just placed at 150 back in the hse (where I was working...better location) and they said they were just in the 150's

Seems to be a random number picked when you ring! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lalapo

How are people doing on the Westmeath/Laois/Offaly panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

lalapo wrote:
    How are people doing on the Westmeath/Laois/Offaly panel?

I done aptitude test in March for this, awaiting 2nd stage results at moment...They said April sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 mommammymam

What number did she say they had reached for carlow/Kilkenny I am 108 for this region the wait is a killer

Hi forzawexford10
    I'm just past you so you should be hearing before me. They said to call next week and see if things are moving... Good Luck!

Advertisement