Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

Hi forzawexford10
    I'm just past you so you should be hearing before me. They said to call next week and see if things are moving... Good Luck!

Thanks for the update. If I hear anything I will. Post in here. I will leave it to end of April and if I hear nothing I will ring PAS again for an update. Killer to be this close and worrying about new campaign been announced.

But was told this campaign and new one would run simultaneously until people from new campaign passed interview stage 3. So worst case scenario that should see this campaign short list still used till September so fingers crossed it keeps moving

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭u2fanatic

Is anyone on here waiting for garda clearance for the civillian call taker positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ciartastix

I was just offered a position on friday from the kildare/wicklow panel in the department of agriculture. Have to decide today if im going to take it. I only started a New job in january and taking this position would be a very big blow salary wise but my partner assures me we will manage and to look at the bigger picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mquinnmullally

ciartastix wrote: »
    I was just offered a position on friday from the kildare/wicklow panel in the department of agriculture. Have to decide today if im going to take it. I only started a New job in january and taking this position would be a very big blow salary wise but my partner assures me we will manage and to look at the bigger picture.

You have to take into account the bigger picture. You wage will increase, there is some room for advancement, if you plan to have children no other hob will give you the flexibility...

Good luck on your decision

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

I'm in the same position too. It's tough leaving a better wage but the T&C's are better in the long run (I think!). Hard to say no to a pension and term time, if kids come along

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

u2fanatic wrote:
    Is anyone on here waiting for garda clearance for the civillian call taker positions?

Is that in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back on Stage 2?
    Or is this the same as asking how long is a piece of string?

Sat them in early March.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SSMorg

I was placed 400/500 in sligo region. Got called for aptitude test in dublin in March. Done much better in it than original test, hoping to get called for interiew stages, but just wondering does your place number change with the new test or the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SSMorg

Samsgirl wrote: »

Sat them in early March.
    I did also, they said on the day it would be April, did not give a date though. Everyone seems to have been told April.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

Cocolola wrote: »
    Got my references checked last week and a letter in the door this morning saying I got a job (Galway/Clare region)!

The only thing is, I won't be available to start for another 5-6 weeks and I'm worried it will lose me the place.

Just wondering when were you called to stage 2 (also what was your number) and when did you have your interview?

I was called for stage 2 in march. Would love to get the clare region.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mquinnmullally

SSMorg wrote: »
    I was placed 400/500 in sligo region. Got called for aptitude test in dublin in March. Done much better in it than original test, hoping to get called for interiew stages, but just wondering does your place number change with the new test or the interview?

Place number changes with new test. Interview just pass or fail

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Skippy21 wrote: »
    Just wondering when were you called to stage 2 (also what was your number) and when did you have your interview?

I was called for stage 2 in march. Would love to get the clare region.

I did stage 2 on the 11th November, got the results on the 8th January, placing 157. The invitation for interview came on the 12th Jan and I did that on the 16th Jan (had not expected it to be that soon, not much time to prepare!). Then got the message saying I'd passed the interview on 20th Jan.

I got the call for references checks on the 24th March and a letter came the following week with the offer in Galway.

Hope you get it Skippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Looks like the HSE are hiring from the Galway/Clare panel. Not sure how I'd feel about working in the HSE ...

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

ruadh wrote: »
    Looks like the HSE are hiring from the Galway/Clare panel. Not sure how I'd feel about working in the HSE ...

I know what you mean ruadh!

Is that in Dublin?

Yes..

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

Samsgirl wrote: »

Sat them in early March.

I sat stage 2 on the 10th February and was told late March/early April so hopefully should be any day now.

u2fanatic wrote: »
    Yes..

My refs are being checked, hope I amn't offered that, isn't it 24 hour shifts?

My refs are being checked, hope I amn't offered that, isn't it 24 hour shifts?

Did you express interest in it when they asked about it before the interview?

Did you express interest in it when they asked about it before the interview?

Hi they never mentioned it, my IV was in late January?

Hi they never mentioned it, my IV was in late January?

I doubt it would be offered to you so.. I received an email asking if i would be interested in those positions before my interview and it was also mentioned to me at the interview which was mid February

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Amanda.ie

Yes..

There are no Garda civilian call takers in Dublin. There is only one office
    and that is in Mayo.

Amanda.ie wrote:
    There are no Garda civilian call takers in Dublin. There is only one office and that is in Mayo.

Are there none in Harcourt Street?

Are there none in Harcourt Street?

Command and control harcourt square , this is only 999 and 112 calls.
    The call centre in Mayo is different to that.
    Is there many positions going in Command and contol?

Amanda.ie wrote: »
    Command and control harcourt square , this is only 999 and 112 calls.
    The call centre in Mayo is different to that.
    Is there many positions going in Command and contol?

It's still classed as a garda civillian call taker..

It's still classed as a garda civillian call taker..

Ya it is. It's staffed with civilians and gardai, members dispatch Garda cars etc.its not the nicest place to work as civilians are treated as second class citizens by some members.

Amanda.ie wrote: »
    Ya it is. It's staffed with civilians and gardai, members dispatch Garda cars etc.its not the nicest place to work as civilians are treated as second class citizens by some members.

Did you work there?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Psack

Hi Guys

I just started as a Permanent Clerical officer with Mayo County Council.
    I have 2 weeks done and got paid into my account last Friday but I have not got any payslip . Was just wondering when should I get one and how do I get them is via post or email as this info was not given to me when i started here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lalapo

Psack wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I have 2 weeks done and got paid into my account last Friday but I have not got any payslip . Was just wondering when should I get one and how do I get them is via post or email as this info was not given to me when i started here.

Congrats Psack! If you give PeoplePoint a call they should sort you out. Any of colleagues should have the right phone number for you. If you don't mind me asking, what number were you on the panel? I'm hoping for something in Roscommon, but there hasn't been much movement at all on the Mayo/Ros panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Psack wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I started as a TCO two weeks ago and my payslip was sent to my personal email address.

• Advertisement

I started as a TCO two weeks ago and my payslip was sent to my personal email address.

There should be access to an online version as well, on system where you check hours and book time off etc.

Advertisement