Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

Rang PAS today about the release date of stage 2 results and she said it will now be middle/late April and there is no set date for release. Bit ridiculous at this stage to have to wait since February.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Kerry987 wrote: »
    Rang PAS today about the release date of stage 2 results and she said it will now be middle/late April and there is no set date for release. Bit ridiculous at this stage to have to wait since February.

Same happened last year. Did mine on 10th November and we were told late November/early December. Results weren't released until early January.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lalapo

If anyone is wondering about Westmeath/Laois/Offaly, got a call this morning to have my references checked. I'm in the 140's. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Whistles49

Hi, just wondering if anyone has heard anything from the Roscommon/Mayo panel? I know there was a mention of the possibility of jobs in Castlerea prison last October but nothing since!!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Kerry987 wrote: »

I suppose next week is the middle of April. Considering that they are talking about a new campaign coming up, you'd think that they would get motoring with this one!

Also, wouldn't you think most of the work done with correcting exams was computerised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

lalapo wrote: »
    If anyone is wondering about Westmeath/Laois/Offaly, got a call this morning to have my references checked. I'm in the 140's. Yay!

Great news. What dept are you hoping to get?

Busle wrote: »
    Great news. What dept are you hoping to get?

To be honest I'm not fussed, just really hoping to get something in Athlone. Education seems to be massive there, so I wouldn't mind that.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    I suppose next week is the middle of April. Considering that they are talking about a new campaign coming up, you'd think that they would get motoring with this one!

Also, wouldn't you think most of the work done with correcting exams was computerised

I know but knowing them it will be the 30th of April they are released.

Ya the practice tests you do online give you the results straight away so I'd imagine the actual exams are pretty similar with generating results. I know they are issuing them in bulk for the last 2 months but the wait time is still ridiculous. But considering we've been waiting since July 2014, what's another 2 weeks at this stage.

Congrats Psack! If you give PeoplePoint a call they should sort you out. Any of colleagues should have the right phone number for you. If you don't mind me asking, what number were you on the panel? I'm hoping for something in Roscommon, but there hasn't been much movement at all on the Mayo/Ros panel.

PeoplePoint don't deal with local authorities, just civil service employees. Get on to the salaries section in the aras in Castlebar Id guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skwawk

Does anyone know if there will be a new recruitment campaign this year? I missed the last one, but it must be a few years ago now, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

I've been offered a position with Tusla in Galway. Anyone else? I wonder what it's like to work there ...

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

ruadh wrote: »
    I've been offered a position with Tusla in Galway. Anyone else? I wonder what it's like to work there ...

Congrats! I haven't heard anything about them now myself.

I've been offered "...the opportunity to progress to the next stage of the recruitment process..." :( It's never ending.

Cocolola wrote: »
    Congrats! I haven't heard anything about them now myself.

I've been offered "...the opportunity to progress to the next stage of the recruitment process..." It's never ending.

Totally ... now waiting for a phone call to tell me *when* ... was there ever a longer process than this??

• Registered Users Posts: 23 angelica4545

Has anyone worked as a CO in a Garda Station? Just wondering are hours and pay the same as other CO positions

Has anyone worked as a CO in a Garda Station? Just wondering are hours and pay the same as other CO positions

I worked as a TCO in a Garda station last year, pay and hours are exactly the same as any other CO position. My office was small so it really was a 9-5 as it was busy, but you still have flexi time to work with. I loved it, it was interesting and different.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hannahbanna

I have as temp and it was fine to work and same rules apply av u got an offer for which region ?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Hershall

Was originally the HSE child and family agency. Normally quite busy could be admin support to a social work dept. some of the content may make for difficult reading initally.
    Interesting work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marieky21

Missed out on this campaign. Any idea when the next one for permanent co will be ran??? Any sign of hse running one either???

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sligo22

Got a letter the other day saying I'm getting placed with the HSE in university hospital Galway. No start date as of yet. Anyone else placed there too?

Hershall wrote: »
    Was originally the HSE child and family agency. Normally quite busy could be admin support to a social work dept. some of the content may make for difficult reading initally.
    Interesting work though.

Ya, I can imagine some cases would be quite difficult. I'm looking forward to the phone call so I can ask what kind of work I'll be involved in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Hershall

Ya, I can imagine some cases would be quite difficult. I'm looking forward to the phone call so I can ask what kind of work I'll be involved in

Best of luck with it you will be fine. I worked with tusla for a while on a temp contract would go back in the morning.
    I have stage two done for loais/offaly/westmeath i hear theres some movement there again. Hopefully thats the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Has anyone heard of any movement in Donegal??? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Got a letter saying I'm being placed in Justice & Law Reform, no idea where and when, hope its in Dublin City Centre, also I notice from posts on here that the average wait after initial letter to job start is about 1.5 - 2 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Just got word that my previous service will not count towards my increment. Pissed off would be an understatement!!!

connectq wrote: »
    Just got word that my previous service will not count towards my increment. Pissed off would be an understatement!!!

That really sucks, did they give a reason? I have just under 6 months of TCO experience and was really hoping that would go towards it. Other people I know have had no problem with it.

That really sucks, did they give a reason? I have just under 6 months of TCO experience and was really hoping that would go towards it. Other people I know have had no problem with it.

It will count:
    1: Progression- If you are going from TCO contract straight into perm CO with no break in service
    Or 2: Credit- where you have previous service (but it didn't go from TCO straight into CO contract)you need a minimum of three years service to get recognition.

I have 2.5 years previous service which will not count as there was a break from my TCO contract to CO!!!

That is such a disaster, I'm the same as you, I have a total of 2.5 years service. That is the greatest load of sh**e

That is such a disaster, I'm the same as you, I have a total of 2.5 years service. That is the greatest load of sh**e

Yes it's a load of sh?te no f?ucking recognition for our service. It's a joke that I finish on point 3 and have to start all over again on point 1.

Yes it's a load of sh?te no f?ucking recognition for our service. It's a joke that I finish on point 3 and have to start all over again on point 1.

Also still on emergency tax and nearly two months in the job. A pure joke very pissed off today!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I don't think the same rules apply everywhere..
    I had previous service credited where i work currently, but turned down a position in a local authority, where i was told it wasn't allowed to be taken in to account.

Lots of people on this thread had previous TCO time (less than 3 years) credited in their new positions.

Advertisement