Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 confusedlady01

AngelaG wrote: »
    Yes those up for the TCO interviews last week we're told that a CO competition will be opening Jun or July.

Hi Guys,

I missed the boat applying for TCO this year, will the CO be open to all in a similar manner? Is the application process similar? Any info is much appreciated, I'm just going to sign up for emails from publicjobs.ie so that I don't miss out again.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hock12

Hi, I just wanted to check where i can find more information in relation to clerical officer. I know your on a probationary period of a year. But if a campaign came up for executive officer, what are the rules on applying for this? Have you to stay at your grade so long before looking for promotion of any kind?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭u2fanatic

Hi everybody.. What's the salary scale for new entrants to the civil service

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lolabelle1

hock12 wrote: »
    Hi, I just wanted to check where i can find more information in relation to clerical officer. I know your on a probationary period of a year. But if a campaign came up for executive officer, what are the rules on applying for this? Have you to stay at your grade so long before looking for promotion of any kind?

If an EO comp comes up you can apply. Because it is external you can move up without waiting a period of time. It's only of the comp is internal that you need to be at your grade for a certain length of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mayo92

has anyone already started in GISC? I was told I was being sent for clearance 3 months ago but have heard nothing since. has anyone on here already started there or know how many vacancies there will be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

Just got a phone call from PAS I am going into clearance for carlow /Kilkenny. They did not say what department but I will be based in carlow which was my preference.

Funny thing was I rang PAS yesterday and they said there has been no movement in the region in quite a while and no vacancies expected

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Just got a phone call from PAS I am going into clearance for carlow /Kilkenny. They did not say what department but I will be based in carlow which was my preference.

Funny thing was I rang PAS yesterday and they said there has been no movement in the region in quite a while and no vacancies expected

Haha I just got the same phone call and I had checked with them yesterday too and got the same answer! Id finally started to put the job out of my head after that then I got the phone call :D

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Haha I just got the same phone call and I had checked with them yesterday too and got the same answer! Id finally started to put the job out of my head after that then I got the phone call :D

Yeah me to.. Was losing hope with new competition looming..

Are you to be based in carlow as well?

Nearly there but could be another month before the letter with start date arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Yeah me to.. Was losing hope with new competition looming..

Are you to be based in carlow as well?

Nearly there but could be another month before the letter with start date arrives

Yeah Im nearly sure she said Carlow to me, once I realised who it was on the phone I kinda zoned out for a second in shock :o
    Its getting closer alright, eventually!
    I presume someone from Clearance will ring us first before checking references?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

when is new competition starting ?

• Advertisement

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Yeah Im nearly sure she said Carlow to me, once I realised who it was on the phone I kinda zoned out for a second in shock :o
    Its getting closer alright, eventually!
    I presume someone from Clearance will ring us first before checking references?

Honestly not sure how the clearance works... They might ring first or do it behind the scenes and first we know of it is when letter arrives with start date

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Just emailed PAS about stage 2 results and they said end of the month so hopefully we'll have word by the end of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lalapo

Start in Education in Athlone in a couple of weeks, got my letter this morning and HR rang me this afternoon. Delighted! Anyone else here get called for there?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

lalapo wrote: »
    Start in Education in Athlone in a couple of weeks, got my letter this morning and HR rang me this afternoon. Delighted! Anyone else here get called for there?

I started there two months ago, good to know there's some more newbies on the way :)

I started there two months ago, good to know there's some more newbies on the way :)

I'd say there'll be a few of us, seemed to be a number of spots being filled. How are you finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

Do you mind me asking what number you were lalapo?

Mullcorr wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what number you were lalapo?

I'm 141.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

lalapo wrote: »
    I'd say there'll be a few of us, seemed to be a number of spots being filled. How are you finding it?

Well you're definitely needed, some sections are still quite short staffed. I'm finding it grand, was a bit like a deer in the headlights for the first few days but settled in quickly.

Got lost trying to find the canteen by myself on my second day, was mortified asking for directions lol! Everyone is sound and very helpful though.

Congrats on the job!

Well you're definitely needed, some sections are still quite short staffed. I'm finding it grand, was a bit like a deer in the headlights for the first few days but settled in quickly.

Got lost trying to find the canteen by myself on my second day, was mortified asking for directions lol! Everyone is sound and very helpful though.

Congrats on the job!

Ha that'd be something I'd definitely end up doing, the place is pretty big!
    Thanks, I'm looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Hershall

Congrats on the job!

Well its good to hear theyre short staffed hopefully they will continue to fill these positions asap!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Hannahbanna

Hi
    Has anyone any idea if any positions are happening on Waterford/Wexford panel at all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Hi
    Has anyone any idea if any positions are happening on Waterford/Wexford panel at all ?

I know that on the 29th March, they were on no. 54 as regards placements. Haven't heard anything since then.

egan2020 wrote: »
    I know that on the 29th March, they were on no. 54 as regards placements. Haven't heard anything since then.

It's such a slow moving region I think I may just forget about it at this stage !

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

Anyone placed with Hse or County Councils in Laois/Offaly/Westmeath and what number were you? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

It's such a slow moving region I think I may just forget about it at this stage !

I enquired last week and they said they have placed 60 with no one in clearance at present

Eliza1 wrote: »
    I enquired last week and they said they have placed 60 with no one in clearance at present

This prb sound stupid but what does no one in clearance mean ? As in they haven't started ref checking anymore after 60 is it ? I hope hey do

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

They said it means they are not checking any references at the moment. I asked if there would be any movement soon and they said it depends on the needs of the various departments. They never know which departments will need staff or when.

Eliza1 wrote: »
    They said it means they are not checking any references at the moment. I asked if there would be any movement soon and they said it depends on the needs of the various departments. They never know which departments will need staff or when.

Hopefully they will so is your number one to there 60 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Still no word on stage 2 from feb/mar. A poster on here said previously that they will prob wait 29/04 as PAS had said mid - end April!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

I did stage 2 and got my results there.

Made the grade but far in the list so not much chance I wouldn't say

Advertisement