Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

Still waiting on my results of stage 2 which I sat in March.. Hopefully get them today! I'm hoping for Clare. Any idea on what number they have reached on the panel for Clare?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Aisinikins

Anyone heard any news from westmeath region results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Anyone know when the Stage 2 results are out for Donegal? Did them on 16th March ......Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Limerick/Tipperary is at "around the 300 mark".

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

denmar wrote: »
    Good news for you Kerry 987 - they have placed to number 54 so u shouldn't be waiting too long. Good luck

Oh really, thanks for letting me know. Did she give you any indication in relation to yourself getting called for interview in next batch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Aisinikins wrote: »
    Anyone heard any news from westmeath region results ?

Not a dicky bird!! I sat mine march 10th and haven't heard a word!

Was onto PAS earlier by e mail, they replied and said that they are aiming to get all stage 2 results out by the end of this week or next week ................

Sort of hoped we would have them by the end of this week

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

No , wouldn't be drawn on any more info I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Donegal01

They were on number 250 in Clare on Monday...getting garda vetted at the moment...also got the tco's number 4 for this ..rang pas in relation to tco's, I will be placed within the next 3 weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mquinnmullally

Got a phone call this morning about a position in Waterford City. I've turned down Kilkenny City and Co. Waterford. Don't know where yet though, all they asked me was I still interested and that they would send my file on. I've an extended holiday this summer though so I don't know how they will feel about that. I will be away all of July and most of August. In reality I won't be able to start till September, as I have 3 children and I will need to sort childcare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JimboJumbo

Iamhere wrote: »
    Limerick/Tipperary is at "around the 300 mark".
    What does this mean exactly?

denmar wrote: »
    No , wouldn't be drawn on any more info I'm afraid

I rang pas today and the woman I was speaking to said they had only placed in the 40's and that once a new competition comes into place this competition will be expired and I wouldn't be offered interview from this panel in that case. She wasn't very pleasant tbh and I'm not sure I have a chance now after all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

And did they say when new competition starts ?

you might do better on this new panel

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Redzer84

Anybody heard anything from mayo region getting so impatient now keep checking my message board but nothing yet!!

Kerry987 wrote: »
    I rang pas today and the woman I was speaking to said they had only placed in the 40's and that once a new competition comes into place this competition will be expired and I wouldn't be offered interview from this panel in that case. She wasn't very pleasant tbh and I'm not sure I have a chance now after all this.

That didnt sound positive! Not very nice at all! Surely to god they will get some moving from this panel when it took them soooooo long to get this panel up and running. Especially with people outside of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Got a phone call this morning about a position in Waterford City. I've turned down Kilkenny City and Co. Waterford. Don't know where yet though, all they asked me was I still interested and that they would send my file on. I've an extended holiday this summer though so I don't know how they will feel about that. I will be away all of July and most of August. In reality I won't be able to start till September, as I have 3 children and I will need to sort childcare.

Hope it all works out for you :)

egan2020 wrote: »
    Hope it all works out for you :)

Thanks, it is not always that I have an holiday planned like this, but my mum and siblings all live in Canada and I'm visiting them for the first time in 4 years, plus my husband's work are sending him to New York for June and July, so we decided to join him for July, or else my children wouldn't see their dad for almost 2 months!

chopperp wrote: »
    And did they say when new competition starts ?

you might do better on this new panel

No she didn't specify but typically these panels last two years so probably June or July I'd imagine. It took over a year and a half for me to get called to stage 2 in this competition so I wouldn't be holding my breathe with new competition.

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    That didnt sound positive! Not very nice at all! Surely to god they will get some moving from this panel when it took them soooooo long to get this panel up and running. Especially with people outside of Dublin

No she was very blunt tbh and didn't give any extra information. You would think so but with the way they run recruitment process I wouldn't be surprised. Was really banking on this so I'm gutted after all this that it will probably be for nothing.

No she was very blunt tbh and didn't give any extra information. You would think so but with the way they run recruitment process I wouldn't be surprised. Was really banking on this so I'm gutted after all this that it will probably be for nothing.

Was kin of pointless them doing all those stage 2 tests though. I suppose on the positive side there is like 2 months left on this panel

Also people have been getting conflicting info from pas, a comment a few pages back said that pas said the 2 panels would run together while they got the new one up and running

• Advertisement

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Was kin of pointless them doing all those stage 2 tests though. I suppose on the positive side there is like 2 months left on this panel

Also people have been getting conflicting info from pas, a comment a few pages back said that pas said the 2 panels would run together while they got the new one up and running

I know I don't understand it at all. Ya but it's the slow process of everything that worries me.

I know a poster who had rang yesterday was told they had placed 53 in Kerry and I was told 40's today. All we can do is wait and see I guess. Best of luck with your results, hopefully you'll get them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Am currently a TCO, just been offered a permanent post starting two weeks from now (from the 2014 panel), delighted. It's in the in City Centre 30 mins walk from home, (place I'm in now is 45 minutes walk). Good luck to all those waiting, I thought my time had ran out so hang on!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Am currently a TCO, just been offered a permanent post starting two weeks from now (from the 2014 panel), delighted. It's in the in City Centre 30 mins walk from home, (place I'm in now is 45 minutes walk). Good luck to all those waiting, I thought my time had ran out so hang on!

Can I ask how long you were on the temporary contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

The man I spoke to was very nice, but i suppose they are inundated with calls about the panel. They are probably giving the same answers so many times a day. It's a pity they haven't a progress wall linked to their website, wouldn't it be very helpful.
    I really think it's disgraceful that they will run a new campaign again given that so little movement happened outside of Dublin. They had 28500 applicants and surely a huge percentage of them would have made the qualifying grade.
    It seems to me it's a dreadful waste of money to run a new campaign - only plus side is it will mean more man power needed in the Dublin region again. No use to me though.

I've been trying to find the current pay scale online for CO. Can anyone advise where I can find this?

Can I ask how long you were on the temporary contract?

Hi, the permenant one is from the CO panel in 2014, it wasnt as a result of the TCO position, but I originally started in feb as a TCO for 13 weeks but this was extended to the end of August two weeks ago, however I am obviously leaving to take up CO permenant position in an other department.

I've been trying to find the current pay scale online for CO. Can anyone advise where I can find this?

It is a tad confusing, my contract says I'm starting on first point of scale; 21,879 whereas on Impacts site first point of scale is 23,177 :confused::confused:

http://www.impact.ie/your-sector/public-sector/civil-service/civil-service-salary-scales/current-civil-service-salary-scales-2010/clerical-officer-full-prsi/

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Just got stage 2 results for Carlow/Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

egan2020 wrote: »
    Just got stage 2 results for Carlow/Kilkenny.

Hi, what date did u do the stage 2 tests ? Thanks.

• Advertisement

It is a tad confusing, my contract says I'm starting on first point of scale; 21,879 whereas on Impacts site first point of scale is 23,177 :confused::confused:

http://www.impact.ie/your-sector/public-sector/civil-service/civil-service-salary-scales/current-civil-service-salary-scales-2010/clerical-officer-full-prsi/

I think this was before paycutes

Advertisement