Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

It is a tad confusing, my contract says I'm starting on first point of scale; 21,879 whereas on Impacts site first point of scale is 23,177 :confused::confused:

http://www.impact.ie/your-sector/public-sector/civil-service/civil-service-salary-scales/current-civil-service-salary-scales-2010/clerical-officer-full-prsi/

It was lowered for new entrants under Haddington Road

See Clerical Officer (New clause 2-31 HRA)

here:
    http://cpsu.ie/crc-10715-landsdowne-road-agreement/

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

AngelaG wrote: »
    Hi, what date did u do the stage 2 tests ? Thanks.

I actually sat them last November for Limerick/Tipp and got the results in January for that region. The batch that was called to stage 2 in March for Kilkenny included my number but I'd already done the test but I had to wait until the March results were released to get my new placement for Kilkenny. I may be wrong but going from this thread I think it was mid March when stage 2 took place.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bettyblaa

Do you mind me asking what number you were ranked? I'm still waiting on my results had stage 2 mid march.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bettyblaa

Do you mind me asking what number you were ranked? I'm still waiting on my results had stage 2 mid march.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Bettyblaa wrote: »

I was originally ranked 313 and my new ranking is 190 (for Kilkenny/Carlow).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Riskymove wrote: »

here:

Good news from that though, only have to wait until 1/09/2017 for new entrants salary to go up to
    22,879 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mquinnmullally

Riskymove wrote: »

here:
    Thanks for posting this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Just got a phone call from PAS I am going into clearance for carlow /Kilkenny. They did not say what department but I will be based in carlow which was my preference.

Funny thing was I rang PAS yesterday and they said there has been no movement in the region in quite a while and no vacancies expected

Do you know if your references have been rang yet? Hoping it wont take forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Looks like we'll be waiting another week for stage 2 results!

alwaysadub wrote: »

When I turned down Waterford County about 3 to 4 weeks ago they gave me the impression that nothing in Waterford City would come up, but got phone call yesterday. I really believe they only find out when individual department calls them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

Hi all, few questions if some of you good people don't mind taking a min to have a look..

- I'm looking at this link for the payscale for CO Just want to make sure it's the right one!! http://cpsu.ie/crc-10715-landsdowne-road-agreement/
    -will my starting wage be 23756pa ?
    - does anyone know if having been teaching and being on a certain paid grade (but not teaching in the last year) if i can transfer to that grade on CO scale when I start?

Got a call at beginning of week that my references are being checked so it looks like movement is finally happening and had to let my current boss know this as they had to give reference (on a side note it's totally unfair I think that they ask you to essentially give your notice but won't give you details of where theyre going to place you location wise or a timescale!!!! ) But anyways my boss has given me a counter offer and now having been convinced on moving sectors up to now, now that it looks like a real option im totally flummoxed!
    Moving to CO position is going to mean a substantial pay cut & longer commute for possibly two years til I'd get to transfer.
    Can any of you who have taken the jump from private to public or not, give me some advise and/or reassurance? And thanks a mil in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

When I turned down Waterford County about 3 to 4 weeks ago they gave me the impression that nothing in Waterford City would come up, but got phone call yesterday. I really believe they only find out when individual department calls them.

I'm in clearance at the minute- same thing happened though, they said there's no movement when I checked and next day they rang with an offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

alwaysadub wrote: »

No have not heard anything from my references or PAS given the time frame I say it will be end of May before we hear anything.

Also for anybody ringing PAS about the CO Positions and what number they have reached for any region.

When you call if you ask to speak to Rosa as I found her to be by far the most informative and helpful and polite... While others would barely answer a question or say they cannot give out that information. She would answer every question and take time to check the region in question and not just pull figure from the air

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Woopsey

Mullcorr wrote: »
    Moving to CO position is going to mean a substantial pay cut & longer commute for possibly two years til I'd get to transfer.

Remember transfers aren't guaranteed. That two years could be longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

I rang pas again today for Kerry region and this woman confirmed this panel would expire when new one is launched. She said they were in 40's for Kerry and would be calling people for interview but couldn't say when and how many.

Then I got email at half 5 this evening and only just seen it now but interview date and time is missing from the message. It says I have to confirm whether or not I will be attending by next Tuesday but I won't be able to contact them till Tuesday again cause they will be closed. Has anyone else received invitation for interview today for Kerry region or otherwise? And If so what date?

It's gas how you get information from them and everything changes in few hours again but I'm not complaining, delighted to be called for interview even if I don't have date and time ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

Got interview offer too for dublin with no date but to confirm by 12 on tuesday

Kerry987 wrote: »
    I rang pas again today for Kerry region and this woman confirmed this panel would expire when new one is launched. She said they were in 40's for Kerry and would be calling people for interview but couldn't say when and how many.

Then I got email at half 5 this evening and only just seen it now but interview date and time is missing from the message. It says I have to confirm whether or not I will be attending by next Tuesday but I won't be able to contact them till Tuesday again cause they will be closed. Has anyone else received invitation for interview today for Kerry region or otherwise? And If so what date?

It's gas how you get information from them and everything changes in few hours again but I'm not complaining, delighted to be called for interview even if I don't have date and time ha.

That was quick!!! Brilliant, well done and best of luck. I suppose you could e mail them back and they will get it Tuesday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Then I got email at half 5 this evening and only just seen it now but interview date and time is missing from the message. It says I have to confirm whether or not I will be attending by next Tuesday but I won't be able to contact them till Tuesday again cause they will be closed.

I wonder if you log on to your message board on the publicjobs website would the full details be in there?

doc11 wrote: »
    Got interview offer too for dublin with no date but to confirm by 12 on tuesday

Oh right must have been a clerical error on a lot of them so.

Oh right must have been a clerical error on a lot of them so.

Not good for inviting people for clerical officer interviews 😀😀😀😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JimboJumbo

Any idea what number Tipp/Limerick Is on? I'm 328? Any chance?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Nelly 21 wrote:

Was probably a TCO in charge of sending them...

UsedToWait wrote: »
    I wonder if you log on to your message board on the publicjobs website would the full details be in there?

That's where I got message inviting me to interview and details are missing.

Nelly 21 wrote: »

I know, as long as interview invite wasn't a clerical error it's ok ha 😂

Woopsey wrote: »
    Remember transfers aren't guaranteed. That two years could be longer.

I asked about transfers last summer when I was offered Kilkenny City, the lady told me I could be waiting 15 years for transfer. They can't be counted on

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

I know, as long as interview invite wasn't a clerical error it's ok ha 😂

That's great news. Should all happen quickly now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

I asked about transfers last summer when I was offered Kilkenny City, the lady told me I could be waiting 15 years for transfer. They can't be counted on

Thanks for replies! i know there is no guarantee of time length i could be waiting on a transfer. i would be looking at a few diferent areas to transfer to though that would be closer and feel confident that id get a transfer in under 5 years anyway (hopefully!)

aside from the transfers, can anyone confirm he payscale question?
    - I'm looking at this link for the payscale for CO Just want to make sure it's the right one!! http://cpsu.ie/crc-10715-landsdowne-road-agreement/
    -will my starting wage be 23756pa ?
    - does anyone know if having been teaching and being on a certain paid grade (but not teaching in the last year) if i can transfer to that grade on CO scale when I start?.......

Can any of you who have taken the jump from private to public or not, give me some advise and/or reassurance? And thanks a mil in advance!

I feel i just need remindingof the longterm perks of moving over!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Hershall

Thanks for replies! i know there is no guarantee of time length i could be waiting on a transfer. i would be looking at a few diferent areas to transfer to though that would be closer and feel confident that id get a transfer in under 5 years anyway (hopefully!)

Just wondering is your position in the midlands region and if so what roughly was your number. Thanks just wondering where theyre at!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

The pay scale was the below until the 2.5% pay rise in January, entry pay is now €21,345.00 + 2.5%. To get the weekly rate you need to divide by 52.18, it works out at around €419 before tax.

Clerical officer – ppc

21,345 – 22,805 – 23,177 – 24,255 – 25,339 – 26,420 – 27,502 – 28,583 – 29,635 – 30,688 – 31,743 – 32,975 – 33,840 – 35,471 – 36,7531 – 373412

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Some internal Dublin City Council rumours that they are taking on 30 Temporary Clerical Officers at end of May.

Permanent competition to be run in September/October this year.

Advertisement