Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Redzer84

Just received results this morning for mayo/Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Received results from Donegal. Moved up to in the 80's but still not good enough as only 12 positions to be filled...... Oh well bring on the new campaign . Thought I would have got higher as had perfect score in numerical and error checking

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Got results for Donegal too. In the 120s. Not best pleased but i knew I didn't do great on the day. Do you think there'd be any chance of interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SSMorg

Got my results for roscommon mayo this morning also placed 205! Not holding out much hope!! Still waiting on sligo place number...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlemrs

SSMorg wrote: »
    Got my results for roscommon mayo this morning also placed 205! Not holding out much hope!! Still waiting on sligo place number...

I'm still waiting no word on either of those 2 areas for me, has to be soon tho

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

SSMorg wrote:

I got 158 for Roscommon/Mayo and 92 for Donegal. Not too confident about my chances for either. Waiting on Sligo now myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shinnyg

I'm slightly confused. When I got my email for stage 2 it didn't say for what region I was being called. I had 3 different regions selected. I see lots of people saying they got results for one place and just waiting on the other. Did ye get separate stage 2 requests for each area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just got stage 2. Placed in the early 200's for Wat/Wex.
    Waiting now for next competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Aisinikins

Anyone know what the latest on Galway Clare is? Got results today in 270s

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bettyblaa

Does anyone know the latest on Kilkenny/Carlow and Waterford/Wexford?

• Advertisement

shinnyg wrote: »
    I'm slightly confused. When I got my email for stage 2 it didn't say for what region I was being called. I had 3 different regions selected. I see lots of people saying they got results for one place and just waiting on the other. Did ye get separate stage 2 requests for each area?

Yes, get seperate results for place in each area applied, says area on the very top of the area usually...

Yes, get seperate results for place in each area applied, says area on the very top of the area usually...
    Sorry just to clarify, the results or marks will be the same obviously but it will tell you what place number you got in the area you applied for. My results placed me as 205 in roscommon but those same results might give me a better or worst placements in sligo....

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Woopsey

Can I just point out to people that term time applications are not always granted. A lot of departments seem to be rowing back on their family friendly policies. Job share etc are getting harder to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Amanda.ie

I hope you get a job offer soon. I don't think having to go on maternity leave soon will stop them offering you a position. I know a lot of women around where I live who are mothers and they work part time, plus take term time, etc. Honestly it is a very flexible job to work around being a mum and that is the only reason I applied for it.

I have worked in the public service for nine years and things have changed alot in that time some for the better. I cannot see any dept giving seven weeks off TBH. Term time is no longer just for parents which makes it that bit harder to get. No dept can allow half the parents to take time off every year. Parental leave is refused now also to those who are always applying for it. You might get term time one year and be refused it the next time if there are too many applicants.

Dont go into it thinking just because you are a mother you will be accommodated. I dont want to seem rude but you attitude is what the general public think about civil servants, its not all part time, term time etc we do actually work or some of us do !!!!

I hate to say this but some parents are a nightmare to work with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Amanda.ie

I hope you get a job offer soon. I don't think having to go on maternity leave soon will stop them offering you a position. I know a lot of women around where I live who are mothers and they work part time, plus take term time, etc. Honestly it is a very flexible job to work around being a mum and that is the only reason I applied for it.

I have worked in the public service for nine years and things have changed alot in that time some for the better. I cannot see any dept giving seven weeks off TBH. Term time is no longer just for parents which makes it that bit harder to get. No dept can allow half the parents to take time off every year. Parental leave is refused now also to those who are always applying for it. You might get term time one year and be refused it the next time if there are too many applicants.

Dont go into it thinking just because you are a mother you will be accommodated. I dont want to seem rude but your attitude is what the general public think about civil servants, its not all part time, term time etc we do actually work or some of us do !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shinnyg

Sorry just to clarify, the results or marks will be the same obviously but it will tell you what place number you got in the area you applied for. My results placed me as 205 in roscommon but those same results might give me a better or worst placements in sligo....

Thanks, just confused with what way it's working. I'm 1003 for the actual area I'm living in. Had to pick a few regions at the time. My results were for a different area where I was 926 but now I'm 394

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mommammymam

Bettyblaa wrote: »
    I'm early 100's in Carlow / Kilkenny and had references checked this week!

Bettyblaa wrote: »
    I'm early 100's in Carlow / Kilkenny and had references checked this week!

Is there a difference between being in "clearance" and getting your references checked? Is clearance another stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Amanda.ie wrote: »

Dont go into it thinking just because you are a mother you will be accommodated. I dont want to seem rude but your attitude is what the general public think about civil servants, its not all part time, term time etc we do actually work or some of us do !!!!

Exactly - i am ten years working as a public servant and i echo all the above. public servants work hard and its not as flexible as people seem to think. Just because you are a parent doesnt mean you get special treatment - all staff have to work the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Is there a difference between being in "clearance" and getting your references checked? Is clearance another stage?

I think-but don't quote me- clearance is when you are in line to get your reference checked but it doesn't necessarily mean they've checked them. Were your references rang? I'm in clearance for same region and got a phone call to see if it was ok to ring my reference, but he hasn't been rang so far.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I think-but don't quote me- clearance is when you are in line to get your reference checked but it doesn't necessarily mean they've checked them. Were your references rang? I'm in clearance for same region and got a phone call to see if it was ok to ring my reference, but he hasn't been rang so far.

Yes they were called this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

They must like just keeping me waiting as long as possible!
    Do you know which dept you've been assigned to?

alwaysadub wrote: »

They must like just keeping me waiting as long as possible!
    Do you know which dept you've been assigned to?
    No details whatsoever yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

I was talking to PAS this morning wondering if they're interviewing anyone from Laois/Offaly/Westmeath this month as they had prewiously indicated but seemingly the panel will expire the end of this month. I can't understand why they brought people to stage 2 in Feb/March if they had no chance??? Any insight Into this? I did stage 2 in November and thought I had a chance. I'm very annoyed and frustrated by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Hershall

Busle wrote: »
    I was talking to PAS this morning wondering if they're interviewing anyone from Laois/Offaly/Westmeath this month as they had prewiously indicated but seemingly the panel will expire the end of this month. I can't understand why they brought people to stage 2 in Feb/March if they had no chance??? Any insight Into this? I did stage 2 in November and thought I had a chance. I'm very annoyed and frustrated by this.

Thats crazy alright i did stage 2 in November as well. Why on earth did they call people for stage 2 in march if its expiring this month???

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

So annoyed. The thoughts of doing this again and the wait for probably nothing is sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

Hi I interviewed for post of clerical officer on sat in dublin. The interviewers never mentioned when I might find out if I was successful or gave me a chance to ask any questions. Does anyone know how long it might be before we hear from them? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zoeybelle

Apparently they said they are interviewing for 8-10 days so it'll probably be 2-3 wks anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Number 1

There is a lot of conflicting information out there about these things. My past service in the Courts Service came from 2006, 2007 and 2008. I only became permanent in 2015. There was no problem getting it recognised for incremental credit. I'm having trouble finding out if I'm on the correct scale or not. Some people have told me I should be on the old one while my HR said I should be on the new scale. They just sent a one line email to me about it saying I was on the right one. It would have been nice if they included their justification in their email. I'll probably ask the members rights unit of the CPSU about it soon.
    JohnMearsheimer: According to all the circulars and guidelines issued relating to previous service, you should be on the pre-2011 pay scale in my opinion if you were employed in an analogous role in the public service in Ireland or the EU on or before January 2011.

Advertisement