Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

sickofthis wrote: »
    Hi I interviewed for post of clerical officer on sat in dublin. The interviewers never mentioned when I might find out if I was successful or gave me a chance to ask any questions. Does anyone know how long it might be before we hear from them? Thanks

I was interviewed on Saturday for Kerry region. Told results will be issued by end of this week

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Redzer84

Tlo87 wrote: »
    They've interviewed up to number 85 in Mayo/Roscommon region if anyone is wondering? Emailed them asking for information and they replied within 24 hours.
    I'm number 91 so fingers crossed the panel doesn't expire before getting to me!!
    Just wondering if you have been called for interview and what email did u use I have emailed a few times and no reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Donegal01

Does anybody know what number they are at for CO's in Galway/Clare. Would I be right to think that as I was garda vetted two weeks ago there's a good chance I will be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hock12

Does anybody know if you have to be at a grade three for a certain period of time before you can apply for a grade iv. It would not involve changing location or department.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Got an email this evening getting called for interview for Donegal region next Tuesday. Not my ideal area but will go for it anyways. Still no Sligo results....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Hershall

Necrominus wrote: »
    Got an email this evening getting called for interview for Donegal region next Tuesday. Not my ideal area but will go for it anyways. Still no Sligo results....

Good luck ,surely PAS wouldn't be interviewing if the panel was expiring this month????

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hershall wrote:
    Good luck ,surely PAS wouldn't be interviewing if the panel was expiring this month????

Was thinking that myself. Could be July/August before new competition now

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭babygirl30

Necrominus wrote: »
    Was thinking that myself. Could be July/August before new competition now

I read somewhere new competition not commencing till Sept/Oct if that's of any help. Still can't see those who have passed Stage 2 being called for interview and getting a placement in such a short space of time, it's ridiculous after almost two years of a wait to be back to square one again.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Hershall wrote: »

I got called for interview for Tuesday as well for Donegal. I thought if you got to stage 3 interview it was more or less guaranteed a position ????

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Well done, from previous posts it's looking like you will get a position Angela. As I said, I'm in the 120s, no word on getting called for an interview..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 mayo92

Redzer84 wrote: »
    Just wondering if you have been called for interview and what email did u use I have emailed a few times and no reply?

did u try clerical2014 AT publicjobs.ie? cant use 'at' symbol!

Just received results from interview on Saturday so things are moving quick.

Hopefully panel will stay open a while yet. Everyone from pas is saying something different but there's hope yet if they're still holding interviews anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Are the interviews regional or in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

venusdoom wrote: »

They're all held in Chapter House in Dublin, same place as the supervised tests are held.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

Any one know what number they're placing in Longford/Sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

venusdoom wrote: »

My Wife interviewed last year for Lim/Tipp and it was held in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Kerry987 wrote: »
    Just received results from interview on Saturday so things are moving quick.

Hopefully panel will stay open a while yet. Everyone from pas is saying something different but there's hope yet if they're still holding interviews anyways.

Delighted!! Best of luck with the rest of the process. Glad its moving nicely for you!!!!!:D:D:D

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Delighted!! Best of luck with the rest of the process. Glad its moving nicely for you!!!!!:D:D:D

Thank you! Fingers crossed new panel is a few months down the line now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fifi_la_fox

babygirl30 wrote: »
    I read somewhere new competition not commencing till Sept/Oct if that's of any help. Still can't see those who have passed Stage 2 being called for interview and getting a placement in such a short space of time, it's ridiculous after almost two years of a wait to be back to square one again.

Oh please be Sept/Oct. I was interviewed last Saturday the 6th, placed at 1821 in Dublin region and 400+ in Kildare, anyone know if I'm close? I will collapse if the panel closes before my placement reached. Best of luck everyone!

P.S. one of my results emails recently said that between 1650 and 1700 were being assigned..whatever that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭u2fanatic

HI everybody... anyone out there starting in Command and control in harcourt street...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TheRoyce

Hey everyone.

Got a call yesterday saying asking was I still interested (Cork, Place 202). I told them I was and they said they'd send me of for security clearance and check my references.
    Just 2 questions for everyone.

1. Do we know in general how long his process takes?

2. Do we know of anyone who got this far who wasn't offered a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

Mullcorr wrote: »
    Any one know what number they're placing in Longford/Sligo?
    I got placed in Longford back in February ... I was 68 on the panel. Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

TheRoyce wrote: »
    Hey everyone.

Got a call yesterday saying asking was I still interested (Cork, Place 202). I told them I was and they said they'd send me of for security clearance and check my references.
    Just 2 questions for everyone.

1. Do we know in general how long his process takes?

2. Do we know of anyone who got this far who wasn't offered a job?
    It took about 3 weeks from me receiving the call about checking references to me being placed

doc11 wrote: »
    Got results, there assigning 1650-1700 in dublin currently and I'm got ranked 1750ish after stage 2 FEB test. With a new competition coming up I don't know how I stand:eek:

Just rang PAS and they said they're currently assigning in the late 1500's in Dublin region, this can't be right as an email went out recently saying they were assigning between 1650 and 1700? Much confused at number 1821. Any luck since doc11?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Just rang PAS and they said they're currently assigning in the late 1500's in Dublin region, this can't be right as an email went out recently saying they were assigning between 1650 and 1700? Much confused at number 1821. Any luck since doc11?

I was in mid 1650s , got assignment letter end of April, started 2 weeks ago, if that's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

Flying out on holiday last Wednesday
    Got a call 2 minutes before leaving for the airport, appears the gardi have a new form to have the addresses checked out because of the aercodes
    so had to stop in the library on the way print the forms and remember every address and dates again and then find their aercodes.

ranked 204 hoping to hear more soon, have a friend who was ranked 210 who got the same call as TheRoyce.

How long does the clearance take with the gardi, when i have lived in north america and the UK? Will this delay it.

Heard there was a new panel starting new month, will i have to stary over if the checks take too long?

I was in mid 1650s , got assignment letter end of April, started 2 weeks ago, if that's any help.

Wonderful Technocentral, many thanks, relieved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 trev83

Rang myself today position 1864 in Dublin and was told that is about where they are now and that I should be contacted in the next month to be put in clearance.

trev83 wrote: »
    Rang myself today position 1864 in Dublin and was told that is about where they are now and that I should be contacted in the next month to be put in clearance.

So the moral of this story is sometimes PAS give out random numbers :) Thank you!! Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

Letter in post today assigning me to department of justice in Kerry region! Delighted :) they wanted me to start Monday week but have to give notice to current employer so starting beginning of June!

Best of luck to everyone still in the competition, hopefully new competition will be held off for a while yet!

Advertisement