Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Kerry987 wrote: »
    Letter in post today assigning me to department of justice in Kerry region! Delighted :) they wanted me to start Monday week but have to give notice to current employer so starting beginning of June!

Best of luck to everyone still in the competition, hopefully new competition will be held off for a while yet!

Oh my God that was quick!!!! Brilliant! Best of luck and huge congrats!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Oh my God that was quick!!!! Brilliant! Best of luck and huge congrats!!!!

Ya got notified about interview results Wednesday and pas told me yesterday offer was in the post. They're really putting a push on things at this stage. They are not contacting references, have to bring two written ones on start date and Garda vetting won't be processed before I start either.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Any movement in Laois/Offaly/Westmeath??

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Hershall

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Any movement in Laois/Offaly/Westmeath??
    I know somebody placed recently was in the 160s i have given up on ringing PAS different story every time!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

TheRoyce wrote: »
    Hey everyone.

Got a call yesterday saying asking was I still interested (Cork, Place 202). I told them I was and they said they'd send me of for security clearance and check my references.
    Just 2 questions for everyone.

1. Do we know in general how long his process takes?

2. Do we know of anyone who got this far who wasn't offered a job?

Can you keep me updated on your progress as im only 2 places behind you but i havent gotten that call yet, but a friend who is ranked 210 has,.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

hi all 1st of all congrats to people who got placed an best of luck to those waiting but im just wondering do any of you recommend any book that would help with practicing for the clerical exams or is the course with kilroy's worth while!!! any help would be appreciated as i intend applying if a new competition opens but its been a long time since i done any apitude tests tiaðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mayo92

They give you sample tests and really if you practice them and can work them out you will be fine. no need for courses....in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BJG524

Ya got notified about interview results Wednesday and pas told me yesterday offer was in the post. They're really putting a push on things at this stage. They are not contacting references, have to bring two written ones on start date and Garda vetting won't be processed before I start either.

Thank you :)

Hi, what number were you in kerry after the tests in dublin if you would nt mind me asking to see if i have any hope before the panel runs out?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

BJG524 wrote: »
    Hi, what number were you in kerry after the tests in dublin if you would nt mind me asking to see if i have any hope before the panel runs out?

I was number 61 after stage 2. What number are you on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BJG524

I was number 61 after stage 2. What number are you on the panel?

64 after stage 2 and got through the interview so hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Donegal01

Does anybody know the placing for Galway/Clare for the permanent positions for CO's

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

Hi got a call today that they will apply for clearance today for me and will contact me when it comes through. I'm finding it hard to find what pay I will get as there are so many different scales online. Does anyone know what the starting salary would be? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

sickofthis wrote: »
    Hi got a call today that they will apply for clearance today for me and will contact me when it comes through. I'm finding it hard to find what pay I will get as there are so many different scales online. Does anyone know what the starting salary would be? Thanks

what region are you in?

theaxel132 wrote: »
    what region are you in?
    Dublin 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Anyone for interview tomorrow ??

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sister bliss

Got called for interview on Friday, Limerick/Tipperary Region, placed 326 after stage 2.

Not familiar with how this process works so is it good they called me for interview even though I was down the list?

If I get through the interview do I get an offer or get put on a panel??

Any info appreciated! :)

Got called for interview on Friday, Limerick/Tipperary Region, placed 326 after stage 2.

Not familiar with how this process works so is it good they called me for interview even though I was down the list?

If I get through the interview do I get an offer or get put on a panel??

Any info appreciated! :)
    I got an interview, was told I was successful 4 days later and to refer to my stage 2 grading. That was last week and today was rang and told they were applying for security clearance for me today. It should be approx 6 weeks in clearance and then they will contact me again. Hope this helps

Great, thanks for that. How was the interview? Was it tough?

Great, thanks for that. How was the interview? Was it tough?
    No it actually wasn't. It was quite relaxed, I hadn't done a competency interview before and was nervous but it was fine. I actually felt like they wanted me to do well in it. I'm not great at interviews so was absolutely delighted to be told I'd done well in it.

sickofthis wrote: »
    No it actually wasn't. It was quite relaxed, I hadn't done a competency interview before and was nervous but it was fine. I actually felt like they wanted me to do well in it. I'm not great at interviews so was absolutely delighted to be told I'd done well in it.

That's great, i'm not great at interviews myself so that makes me feel a bit better! Went for a county council interview few weeks ago n it was like an exam on how much I knew about the council, it was brutal!! 😯

Thanks a mill!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 relative1

Had anyone heard of any movement in the Louth/Meath panel?

That's great, i'm not great at interviews myself so that makes me feel a bit better! Went for a county council interview few weeks ago n it was like an exam on how much I knew about the council, it was brutal!! 😯

Thanks a mill!!
    no problem. I hope you get it ☺ I'm sure you will. Make sure you have lots of examples to give of the competencies. Fingers crossed for you

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

tiny14 wrote: »
    hi all 1st of all congrats to people who got placed an best of luck to those waiting but im just wondering do any of you recommend any book that would help with practicing for the clerical exams or is the course with kilroy's worth while!!! any help would be appreciated as i intend applying if a new competition opens but its been a long time since i done any apitude tests tiaðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒
    Don't attempt to waste your money on Kilroy course. It is so below standard it's not funny. I've done more difficult maths in 6th class. Take it from someone who got burnt. Go on line & Google free sample tests , lots of them give solutions too. Practice is the key !

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

speedygirl wrote: »
    Don't attempt to waste your money on Kilroy course. It is so below standard it's not funny. I've done more difficult maths in 6th class. Take it from someone who got burnt. Go on line & Google free sample tests , lots of them give solutions too. Practice is the key !

thanx so much for your reply and help i wont waste money on it so!!! any recommendations on sites for sample tests or even a book i could buy an practice from!!! its been years sine i had to do aptitude tests for anything lol

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

I have interview on Thursday for sligo area but ive just foumd the email i sent to confirm it in my drafts folder. I've sent it on but it was meant to be in yesterday at 3pm. Would it be likely ive lost my place? Ill ring them at 9.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

bubsicle wrote:
    I have interview on Thursday for sligo area but ive just foumd the email i sent to confirm it in my drafts folder. I've sent it on but it was meant to be in yesterday at 3pm. Would it be likely ive lost my place? Ill ring them at 9.

Do you mind me asking when your results for Sligo came out?? I'm still waiting on mine and have interview this morning. Got Donegal and Mayo/Roscommon results already so can't understand what the hold up is!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ree40

Necrominus wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking when your results for Sligo came out?? I'm still waiting on mine and have interview this morning. Got Donegal and Mayo/Roscommon results already so can't understand what the hold up is!

I got my results for Sligo on April 26, results for mayo on May 6, I've interview on Friday for Sligo.

tiny14 wrote: »
    thanx so much for your reply and help i wont waste money on it so!!! any recommendations on sites for sample tests or even a book i could buy an practice from!!! its been years sine i had to do aptitude tests for anything lol

Pm me your email address & I will send you few links. You need to figure out which is your weak area & practice loads . Mine was numerical so I did lots on that. Remember you need to just get pass in numerical but doing well in the other 2 sections will push your score right up.

bubsicle wrote: »

No you'll be fine. Just contact them today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

Necrominus wrote: »

Got results for Sligo 26th April. Was placed 160
    Got roscommon results on 6th May. placed 167
    So nervous about the interview!

how are things progressing in Sligo. Is it likely that at 160 id get a role before the new campaign

Advertisement