Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 trev83

Got a call to ask was I still interested and could they have references from my last employer. Problem is it was in McDonalds 3 years ago and no managers are still there so I could now lose out!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fashionlady26

Offered an interview for next week but will be At my sisters wedding abroad for two weeks. Does anyone know if PAS will let me reschedule or will they even have interviews still running after two weeks?I have literally been waiting every day for the past two years for this interview and as my luck would have it the only time i leave the country in that space of time they call me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mommammymam

Anyone know if increments are awarded 12 monthly or 18monthly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

AngelaG wrote: »
    Anybody else having difficulty in accessing publicjobs(dot) ie today? I received a text to check my message board ( I interviewed yesterday) but cannot access website.....

Yes! You just have to keep going back/ refreshing and eventually it'll let you through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

No, but I'm hoping 12 monthly!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

First increment is award @ 12 months from date of start- second increment @ 15 months (and subsequent @ 15 month intervals). This was agreed under Haddington (however- Haddington officially finishes at the end of June- and I'm not aware that there is a successor agreement proposed).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 waylander995

Hi angela g got 83 in donegal u stated earlier that they had placed up to 80. Does that include the interviews that took place this week as i got placed 83 and passed interview this week

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Hi angela g got 83 in donegal u stated earlier that they had placed up to 80. Does that include the interviews that took place this week as i got placed 83 and passed interview this week

Yes. I was at interview this week too. I'm 86 ....
    So close just waiting to see will we be placed before this panel closes......

Yes. I was at interview this week too. I'm 86 ....
    So close just waiting to see will we be placed before this panel closes......

Can I ask how the interview went? What were the questions like? I thought it would be one interviewer but I heard last week it that they have 2 people in there.

musical.x wrote: »
    Can I ask how the interview went? What were the questions like? I thought it would be one interviewer but I heard last week it that they have 2 people in there.

Yes I had 2 interviewers. Have to say they were lovely. The most important thing is to have examples of how you used the competencies in previous jobs. And to be concise . 30 mins goes really fast to get all in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 sister bliss

Anyone know what number they have placed up to for Tipp/Limerick?? Had interview yesterday & it went well but my placing was well down so don't know if i'll be placed before the panel runs out!

Don't think I'll start this whole process again in a new competition!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BJG524

What number were u in limk/tipp after stage 2 if u dont mind me asking? Wondering how far down they have interviewed

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sister bliss

BJG524 wrote: »
    What number were u in limk/tipp after stage 2 if u dont mind me asking? Wondering how far down they have interviewed

I was 326, so I doubt i'll be placed within the next few weeks. I was placed much higher in my other 2 regions but wasn't called for interview for those! I

Yes I had 2 interviewers. Have to say they were lovely. The most important thing is to have examples of how you used the competencies in previous jobs. And to be concise . 30 mins goes really fast to get all in.

Ah that's good to hear! Thanks for replying.

musical.x wrote: »
    Ah that's good to hear! Thanks for replying.

Good luck in your interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BJG524

I was 326, so I doubt i'll be placed within the next few weeks. I was placed much higher in my other 2 regions but wasn't called for interview for those! I

Cheers i was 325 but got called for interview for Kerry region so one interview does all i assume surely, would much prefer limerick but wat can u do...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

First increment is award @ 12 months from date of start- second increment @ 15 months (and subsequent @ 15 month intervals). This was agreed under Haddington (however- Haddington officially finishes at the end of June- and I'm not aware that there is a successor agreement proposed).

Anyone who was hired from April 2016 onwards won't have their increment adjusted for Haddington. See Circular 20/2015 on the Circulars.gov.ie website. If the 3/6 months extra pushes the increment date past 1 July 2017 then it reverts to the normal 12 months interval

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aisinikins2121

Quick question guys, I'm getting this paperwork sorted for going to interview next week and at the end of the supplementary form they ask for three work references including current employer.

My issue is I went straight from college into my current job so I was wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation. I'm considering putting in two separate referees from my current workplace but I'm not sure if it would be accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SSMorg

Anyone else waiting on the results for Sligo /Leitrim region? Did the exam on March 10th I think now!! I got the results for Roscommon/Mayo & am placed 205 , heard nothing since. Does anyone know what numbers are in Sligo or if anyone else still waiting on results?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

What place were you for stage 1 for Sligo/Leitrim? I found myself in same position had results for Donegal and Mayo/Roscommon so emailed them. They've only called as far as 448 in Sligo/Leitrim/Longford area for stage 2 so won't be giving results unless my number (in 600s) from stage 1 is reached. Hope I've explained things properly now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

I got a call last week to say was I still interested and as I was they were applying for garda clearance which would take approx 6 weeks and then they would contact me again about references. I've never been convicted of any crime and expect reasonable references. My current one will be good but I left my previous job after making a complaint about bullying. I'm worried that I won't get a fair reference now.. has anyone had anything similar happen whilst getting their refences checked? I'm really hoping that I will get a position.. I really need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

sickofthis wrote: »
    I got a call last week to say was I still interested and as I was they were applying for garda clearance which would take approx 6 weeks and then they would contact me again about references. I've never been convicted of any crime and expect reasonable references. My current one will be good but I left my previous job after making a complaint about bullying. I'm worried that I won't get a fair reference now.. has anyone had anything similar happen whilst getting their refences checked? I'm really hoping that I will get a position.. I really need it.

As far as I know, but I could be wrong, they usually only check your current reference. I know my other reference wasn't checked. How long are you in your current job? If you're there a while I doubt they'll bother ringing your old job. So try not to worry ��

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SSMorg

I got my results for stage 1 last year & was 403 in Roscommon/Mayo & 536 I think for Sligo/Leitrim, then was called for Stage 2 exam in Dublin on 11th March this year & got the results last week, it said results for Roscommon/Mayo on the email & I was placed 205, no results from Sligo/Leitrim!!!!
    I emailed info @ public jobs on Friday to see whats happening, no response yet.. Anyone else hear from Sligo region...

alwaysadub wrote: »
    As far as I know, but I could be wrong, they usually only check your current reference. I know my other reference wasn't checked. How long are you in your current job? If you're there a while I doubt they'll bother ringing your old job. So try not to worry ��
    Thanks for that! Unfortunately I'm only in my current job since Jan so they might look for both. I don't think my old job will say anything awful about me but it'll be more what they won't say that might cause problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

sickofthis wrote: »
    Thanks for that! Unfortunately I'm only in my current job since Jan so they might look for both. I don't think my old job will say anything awful about me but it'll be more what they won't say that might cause problems.

i dont think they are allowed to give a negative reference, at worse they will give a basic, you worked from X to Y and that will be it.

Heard if your Garda clearance will take 6 weeks and not the standard 2 its because you are being considered for a role in a Garda Station and they need to do a more in dept review

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

SSMorg wrote: »
    I got my results for stage 1 last year & was 403 in Roscommon/Mayo & 536 I think for Sligo/Leitrim, then was called for Stage 2 exam in Dublin on 11th March this year & got the results last week, it said results for Roscommon/Mayo on the email & I was placed 205, no results from Sligo/Leitrim!!!!
    I emailed info @ public jobs on Friday to see whats happening, no response yet.. Anyone else hear from Sligo region...

i had stage 2 on march 1st. and had interview last Thursday. I was 160 for Sligo area. and 164 for Roscommon. They said the panel would be expiring in July time, or as soon as results for stage 1 of the new campaign are issued.

Any one know how long it is before you hear back anything after the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rogerfleming

I did my interview last Thursday for Sligo/Longford/Leitrim (placed 133 after stage 2) and they were quite friendly ( a lady and a man) and felt that they wanted you to do well. Not sure how it went as I was quite nervous and felt that I repeated myself quite often but we'll see... however at the end they asked if I had any questions so I asked them about the new competition and when this panel would expire. He told me that he didn't have full information and couldn't be sure but that it would be unusual from past experience to start recruiting from the new panel while there was still people waiting to be placed from the old panel..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ree40

I hope that's true. I was interviewed for the Sligo region on Friday as well....fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 2 graceywalsh27

hi i was just wondering if any one could help iv been offered a job in the peoples point office in dublin, i was wondering has anyone here been placed there? Also can i refuse it and ask to be placed in a different region

• Advertisement

hi i was just wondering if any one could help iv been offered a job in the peoples point office in dublin, i was wondering has anyone here been placed there? Also can i refuse it and ask to be placed in a different region
    What department is that? I've heard if you have a good reason ie if the position you are offered is too far then you might be able to ask for somewhere closer but I'm not 100%sure.

Advertisement