Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

theaxel132 wrote: »
    i dont think they are allowed to give a negative reference, at worse they will give a basic, you worked from X to Y and that will be it.

Heard if your Garda clearance will take 6 weeks and not the standard 2 its because you are being considered for a role in a Garda Station and they need to do a more in dept review
    Oh wow, I would absolutely love to work in a garda station! I'm getting excited now. Does being put in clearance mean that you will definitely get an offer do you know? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

sickofthis wrote: »
    Oh wow, I would absolutely love to work in a garda station! I'm getting excited now. Does being put in clearance mean that you will definitely get an offer do you know? Thanks

When I phoned them to ask they said yes.

Im in clearance as well, so i want to believe them but i still worry

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

theaxel132 wrote: »
    When I phoned them to ask they said yes.

Im in clearance as well, so i want to believe them but i still worry
    Are you in Dublin too?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

Hello , I am looking for a bit of advice. I've been called for the second stage stage for Mayo /Roscommon on the 30th May. My question is , if they are announcing a new national competition is there much point in doing this test as the panel will soon be finished? I m confused ;-(
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Hennesm wrote: »
    Hello , I am looking for a bit of advice. I've been called for the second stage stage for Mayo /Roscommon on the 30th May. My question is , if they are announcing a new national competition is there much point in doing this test as the panel will soon be finished? I m confused ;-(
    thanks

It will take some time for a new panel to be and running - a few months probably from announcement

so they will probably keep going on this panel for now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

AngelaG wrote:
    They have placed up to 80 in Donegal .....

Just an update PAS confirmed with me they were at 80 last week alright. Got the call then just today that they were checking my references so looks like I'll be getting placed soon? Any update from them yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Necrominus wrote: »
    Just an update PAS confirmed with me they were at 80 last week alright. Got the call then just today that they were checking my references so looks like I'll be getting placed soon? Any update from them yourself?

They must have been on the phone to me after you lol checking my references too :) my boss gone on holiday for a week so they have to wait until she back until I get talking to her :/

We could be colleagues yet Necro lol

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

AngelaG wrote:
    They must have been on the phone to me after you lol checking my references too my boss gone on holiday for a week so they have to wait until she back until I get talking to her :/
    We could be colleagues yet Necro lol

Could very well happen! It's not ideal as I'm from Sligo but I'm not going to risk having to go through it all again to hold out!

Could very well happen! It's not ideal as I'm from Sligo but I'm not going to risk having to go through it all again to hold out!

I am South Donegal so I wonder is it in this region if you are in Sligo. ... You are right tough it out for couple of years and ask for a transfer nearer Sligo then if possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ree40

When did you have the stage 3 interview.

• Advertisement

Ree40 wrote: »
    When did you have the stage 3 interview.

17th May ... things seem to be moving fast

I had mine last Friday June 20th. Sligo, leitrim Langford. I'd love to get Sligo but would take any. Did they contact you by phone or email. This waiting is killing me it's gone on so long.

I had mine last Friday June 20th. Sligo, leitrim Langford. I'd love to get Sligo but would take any. Did they contact you by phone or email. This waiting is killing me it's gone on so long.

What position were u placed for Donegal after interview ? They contacted me by phone.

It was May 20. I didn't apply for Donegal. Too far to travel, not in position to relocate. I think I was ranked 180 in Sligo, leitrim. Before the interview. I haven't heard anything about the interview yet

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭bunawillanlad

so if you get a call to say your references are being checked......providing you havent burned down a place of work previously and the references clear........does this mean you'll get a job ( pending garda clearance obviously)

hopefully.....

It was May 20. I didn't apply for Donegal. Too far to travel, not in position to relocate. I think I was ranked 180 in Sligo, leitrim. Before the interview. I haven't heard anything about the interview yet

You will remain at 180 , the interview does not change the ranking. If you email them asking as to what number has been placed in the sligo/leitrim area to date they will answer you back. This will give you a fair idea as to how near you are to placement.

hopefully.....

without going back over 500 odd pages to get the answer..........has anyone got to this stage and not got a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Copied from http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/debates%20authoring/debateswebpack.nsf/takes/dail2016041400050

The following table shows the number of vacancies filled by PAS, however the number of people who actually take up the post may differ.

Region Number of vacancies filled across the Public Service
    Dublin 1000
    Limerick/Tipperary 193
    Cork 85
    Galway/Clare 51
    Kilkenny/Carlow 34
    Donegal 36
    Kerry 10
    Waterford/Wexford 29
    Laois/Offaly/Westmeath 50
    Longford/Leitrim/Sligo 40
    Mayo/Roscommon 16
    Cavan/Monaghan 1
    Louth/Meath 24
    Kildare/Wicklow 24
    Total 1593

The number of positions remaining to be filled, by region;
    Region Number Outstanding
    Dublin 209
    Limerick/Tipperary 9
    Cork 34
    Galway/Clare 38
    Kilkenny/Carlow 5
    Donegal 12
    Kerry 13
    Waterford/Wexford 3
    Laois/Offaly/Westmeath 18
    Longford/Leitrim/Sligo 15
    Mayo/Roscommon 3
    Cavan/Monaghan 0
    Louth/Meath 24
    Kildare/Wicklow 9
    Total 393

The above tables reflects the position on 12 April 2016 and are indicative as to the number of vacancy requests received and subsequently filled is constantly changing as the situation changes.

I know this has been posted before. I wonder how many vacancies have been filled in the last month

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Aisinikins

That table notes that 50 positions have been filled in Galway/Clare and 38 left to fill at the time. I'm heading up for interview tomorrow and I'm in mid 260's. It's a bit confusing.

Anyone else heading up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 marymary

Hi, just wondering, if you previously had 4.5 years service as a CO do you start on point 5 of the payscale? thanks for any replies

Can I ask that you keep me up to date on how you get on ..... I will be a week behind you as I have to wait for my boss to come back for reference .

AngelaG wrote:
    Can I ask that you keep me up to date on how you get on ..... I will be a week behind you as I have to wait for my boss to come back for reference .

Yeah no problem. Two of my references got contacted today just waiting on my third tomorrow. My manager was out today as well as it happens! Hopefully they contact her tomorrow

Yeah no problem. Two of my references got contacted today just waiting on my third tomorrow. My manager was out today as well as it happens! Hopefully they contact her tomorrow

Does this mean your almost assured of a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Aisinikins wrote: »
    That table notes that 50 positions have been filled in Galway/Clare and 38 left to fill at the time. I'm heading up for interview tomorrow and I'm in mid 260's. It's a bit confusing.

Anyone else heading up?

I'm assuming that people who have applied for positions in different areas but have taken positions offered in other areas might still have a number in other panels (if that makes sense? ) eg 50 people ahead of you on the panel might have already taken a position in another area so those numbers need to be skipped over

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

sickofthis wrote: »
    Are you in Dublin too?

in cork.

kust got my garda form back as i forgot to put a date for one of my addresses, which is a pain in the as i lived there for the year after i was born. Its not like i was up to anything back then

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dunjam

New campaign just announced. "Clerical Officer in the Civil Service" publicjobs.ie

Does this mean your almost assured of a job?

Fingers crossed it does, not taking anything for granted till I get an offer though

Dunjam wrote: »
    New campaign just announced. "Clerical Officer in the Civil Service" publicjobs.ie

Where did you see this...have you a link ?Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

I just got the email for the new campaign too but link doesn't work

Advertisement