Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Apparently my link was sent but it's not in my spam folder either. Not sure what to do now?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tarzana wrote: »
    Apparently my link was sent but it's not in my spam folder either. Not sure what to do now?

Ring them- ask them to resend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Give this ago (from the last message in "my messages" on public jobs.ie)

"If you do not receive your link to the tests by Friday 25th July, please check your junk and/or spam folders. If you are still unable to locate your email with the link to your test by the appointed time, please email clerical2014@publicjobs.ie quoting your details, including your candidate ID."

Yep, did that. Got a reply saying it had been sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 bandit99

i havent received mine either, panicking now,,,, i emailed them heard nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

bandit99 wrote: »
    i havent received mine either, panicking now,,,, i emailed them heard nothing
    We hope that you will not encounter any technical difficulties with the tests, but if you do email support will be available during your test window from 08.00h to 18:00h Monday to Friday and 09:00h to 11:00h Saturday and Sunday.

You may contact the APTITUDE TEST support team at passupport@savilleconsulting.com

..from my email sent from Public Appointments Service (search the folders again for that).

So ring them tomorrow morning between 9 and 11. I'm assuming a skeleton staff on the weekends. You should be sorted by Monday at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

That was harder than I thought it would be. Maths isn't my strong point at the best of times, and didn't get to finish the odd error check. I won't be holding my breath for the next round!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Rhodod

oo

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Rhodod

Got the same message saying it was sent and eventually found it. Go to your emails and in the search box put in system.administrator"at"sc-oasys.com and this brought it up. Hope it works. this is my first message and says I can't post with icons - put in the proper "at"

..from my email sent from Public Appointments Service (search the folders again for that).

So ring them tomorrow morning between 9 and 11. I'm assuming a skeleton staff on the weekends. You should be sorted by Monday at the latest.

What's their number?

• Advertisement

What's their number?

A quick google gets this.

Public Appointments Service

Chapter House, 26/30 Abbey Street Upper, Dublin 1
    (01) 858 7400Opening Hours: 9.15 am -5.15pm Phone
    Lo-Call: 1890-449999
    Tel: +353-1-8587400

I don't know if anybody will be answering phones on a Saturday afternoon though.

A quick google gets this.

Public Appointments Service

Chapter House, 26/30 Abbey Street Upper, Dublin 1
    (01) 858 7400Opening Hours: 9.15 am -5.15pm Phone
    Lo-Call: 1890-449999
    Tel: +353-1-8587400

I don't know if anybody will be answering phones on a Saturday afternoon though.

I emailed the aptitude test crowd. Sorted.

I emailed the aptitude test crowd. Sorted.

Now bring on the rejection. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ms_Shellshock

I am just about to sit down and do mine after scaring myself half to death with the practise questions. Wish me luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

I am just about to sit down and do mine after scaring myself half to death with the practise questions. Wish me luck!!

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ms_Shellshock

oconnol1 wrote: »
    Best of luck

Thanks a million, I have to say it was a lot longer then I expected. I started off well in each section then I slowed down and I felt I got worse at the answers :(. Only time will tell now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maedon

Does anyone have a link to the handbook?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

I did this test as well but hell they could have made the tiny ticking boxes bigger. Ran out of time a few times trying to click on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The error check in that was the most difficult I thought

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Yuck. Just did it there.
    The minute I see the clock ticking down I panic. Verbal and numerical one ok but feel I could have gotten a few more right if I wasn't panicking so much.
    Error check is such a race.
    Not hopeful here either :0(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭just_did_it

Folks, what happens when you complete your tests?

I just completed mine but received no email to confirm the answers have been stored like in the assessment test? :o

Folks, what happens when you complete your tests?

I just completed mine but received no email to confirm the answers have been stored like in the assessment test? :o

Nor did I. I don't think anybody got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Lord, I just completed it. I found it nothing like the test questions, I think the real thing is way harder. I thought I'd do well in the verbal but it was by far my worst :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭butterly.john

ruadh wrote: »
    Lord, I just completed it. I found it nothing like the test questions, I think the real thing is way harder. I thought I'd do well in the verbal but it was by far my worst :-(

I just did the test and also found it way harder than the examples, time ran out on a few of them but overall I think I did ok
    Did anyone get the error check finished, that's the 1 I found most difficult time wise.
    Any idea when we will get the results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Just done the tests there now........ alot harder than I thought it would be - that damn clock counting down was a real off-putter for me, oh well time will tell :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Just did it, verbal and error checking was fine I thought but I was bloody awful on numerical, trying to figure out those line graphs in the allocated time was impossible for me, I guessed some of the other numerical answers also as I hadn't a clue, doubt I'll be asked to supervised aptitude test. Spare a thought for ole Techno when you gather around the water coolers in your offices after getting the jobs. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Just did it, verbal and error checking was fine I thought but I was bloody awful on numerical, trying to figure out those line graphs in the allocated time was impossible for me, I guessed some of the other numerical answers also as I hadn't a clue, doubt I'll be asked to supervised aptitude test. Spare a thought for ole Techno when you gather around the water coolers in your offices after getting the jobs. :(

Same here. Actually I think I did pretty well on the Verbal and Error tests, I'm great at that sort of thing in the IQ tests I've taken. Are the quick numerical skills are absolutely essential to all of the positions? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Done and dusted! :) Hadn't time to do it the past few days was away and busy with other things and had a lot on my mind felt I needed a clearer head and time to do it quietly too.
    Occono wrote: »
    Same here. Actually I think I did pretty well on the Verbal and Error tests, I'm great at that sort of thing in the IQ tests I've taken. Are the quick numerical skills are absolutely essential to all of the positions? :(

I worked on questions as quick as possible but found the Numerical ones hard. Some guess or very few I worked out on time. I just did it as quickly as possible but don't know how much of it is right some I didn't get to finish. I found the practice error checking one harder than the actual test. I got on well in that one I think. I got most of them answered for that test in the time frame or near enough. The Verbal wasn't too bad but I don't know how accurate I really was with a bit more time I'd been more accurate.

IQ/Aptitude tests it varies I am good at some and not at others depends on the level and standard of tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Phantasos

That was stressful!

The time absolutely flies. The first error checking testlet was just a blur, but I got into the swing of things after that. I found that ones where almost everything was incorrect cost me loads of time just clicking the buttons!

The numerical had a few complicated testlets (one on hotel room rates sticks out) and I hadn't a clue what I was looking for, never mind to answer quickly. Verbal was actually okay.

It's done though, that's the main thing. I can see a lot of non-tech-savvy people getting destroyed by these tests... no room for slow clickers with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 MartyC286

Just completed it, omg it was soo stressful!! You def need to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for this test!!

Advertisement