Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bonbon109

Right guys I see a new campaign is launched so I have applied...

However I got called to stage two, on this week...

Do ye think its worth going, or is it a waste of time now the new campaign is advertised?

definitely go but most of the available positions are in Dublin. I got offered a job on Friday in Dublin. I rang them to see what my chances were of getting a position in the Wicklow area and they said that there are very few jobs outside of Dublin. She said to take the job in Dublin just to get my foot in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭bunawillanlad

Any of the donegal people had an offer yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

all quiet here....

AngelaG wrote: »
    all quiet here....

I spoke with them earlier cause my manager never received a call about references. They said that the girl handling my file has been off sick Friday and today. I asked does this mean that I'll get a job. He said providing everything checks out at this point, then yes I'll be made an offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

I'm really panicking now. I was interviewed in may for dublin, was told I was being garda cleared 2 weeks ago (this could take 6/8weeks) and then they will be back on to me about references. But I see people who were ranked lower than me have been offered positions.

I spoke with them earlier cause my manager never received a call about references. They said that the girl handling my file has been off sick Friday and today. I asked does this mean that I'll get a job. He said providing everything checks out at this point, then yes I'll be made an offer

Thanks for update Bunawillanlad. Any info on what depts/towns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JimboJumbo

Anyone know anything for Tipp/Limerick?

Thanks for update Bunawillanlad. Any info on what depts/towns?

Nope but I'd say it'll be buncranna.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bonbon109

sickofthis wrote: »
    I'm really panicking now. I was interviewed in may for dublin, was told I was being garda cleared 2 weeks ago (this could take 6/8weeks) and then they will be back on to me about references. But I see people who were ranked lower than me have been offered positions.

I filled out the garda clearance the day of the interview, in May. It said on the job offer letter that the garda clearance is still pending.

When I rang to see where the job was based and what the start date was she said there are numerous start dates up until August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

Bonbon109 wrote: »
    I filled out the garda clearance the day of the interview, in May. It said on the job offer letter that the garda clearance is still pending.

When I rang to see where the job was based and what the start date was she said there are numerous start dates up until August.

So did you get a job offer before they got your garda clearance back? It's all very confusing isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Is going through Garda clearance a good sign? PAS contacted me a few weeks ago as the info I originally gave was inadequate. I haven't been offered a position yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shinnyg

Anyone know upto what number they have called in Galway / Clare for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

Liamario wrote: »
    Is going through Garda clearance a good sign? PAS contacted me a few weeks ago as the info I originally gave was inadequate. I haven't been offered a position yet.

i was told if you are going through clearance you have a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭mel123

First increment is award @ 12 months from date of start- second increment @ 15 months (and subsequent @ 15 month intervals). This was agreed under Haddington (however- Haddington officially finishes at the end of June- and I'm not aware that there is a successor agreement proposed).

Hi, just wondering, the scales they state, is this what everyone goes in on? So you start off on four hundred and odd, and then every 15 months you move up a scale? Doesn't matter about age/experience etc etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 waylander995

Any sign of donegal placements yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

mel123 wrote:
    Hi, just wondering, the scales they state, is this what everyone goes in on? So you start off on four hundred and odd, and then every 15 months you move up a scale? Doesn't matter about age/experience etc etc?

Age, experience irrelevant unless you were in public sector for a few years before, that will be added as increments.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 k8coconut

hi what is the email address re recruitment for clericcal officer of the 2014 recruitment?. I have passed stage 2 which I did the test in feb but have not being called for interview. I have applied for Kerry. Does any one have any light to shed on this ?

k8coconut wrote: »
    hi what is the email address re recruitment for clericcal officer of the 2014 recruitment?. I have passed stage 2 which I did the test in feb but have not being called for interview. I have applied for Kerry. Does any one have any light to shed on this ?

What number are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 k8coconut

124 and you?
    Email address for public jobs queries re CO 2014 please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

k8coconut wrote: »
    124 and you?
    Email address for public jobs queries re CO 2014 please?

clerical2014@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Sonny678

Im thinking of applying for job in the public service, but Im finding it hard to understand where to start the whole process from.I looked at their website and registered, buts it just lists of job, where you need loads of experience. I have a few questions which I would be so grateful if anyone cud clarify

1 Im looking for the form for all Public Appointments Service competitions . But I cannot find the form. Does anyone know what this competition is about, is it to get into the public serive through a competition??

2 People r talking on this site about PAS, I looked it up , Im not sure about it. How do you join, what does PAS exactly entail

3 Basically Im starting off in this whole area. I have qualifications and experience in other sectors, but where should I start with the public service. What form should I fill out to begin with(if there is such a form), Im just finding it very hard to get info on the above

I know some of the above mite stupid questions, but I just wud be so grateful for a few pointers to set me on the right track Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shinnyg

Publicjobs.ie is the website you need set up an account on. PAS is the Public Appointments Service, they are who recruit people to the service.
    And the job you need to apply for is Clerical Officer in the Civil Service.

You will fill an application form. The online questionnaire and aptitude tests will follow at another date. You will be sent a link to your email account at the appropriate time.

Hope that helps Sonny678

Sonny678 wrote: »
    Im thinking of applying for job in the public service, but Im finding it hard to understand where to start the whole process from.I looked at their website and registered, buts it just lists of job, where you need loads of experience. I have a few questions which I would be so grateful if anyone cud clarify

1 Im looking for the form for all Public Appointments Service competitions . But I cannot find the form. Does anyone know what this competition is about, is it to get into the public serive through a competition??

2 People r talking on this site about PAS, I looked it up , Im not sure about it. How do you join, what does PAS exactly entail

3 Basically Im starting off in this whole area. I have qualifications and experience in other sectors, but where should I start with the public service. What form should I fill out to begin with(if there is such a form), Im just finding it very hard to get info on the above

I know some of the above mite stupid questions, but I just wud be so grateful for a few pointers to set me on the right track Thanks

There is a new thread for the 2016 campaign and the link is the first post there. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057602169

Any sign of donegal placements yet?

I have just been informed that all Donegal placements will be in Buncrana DSP..........

I have just been informed that all Donegal placements will be in Buncrana DSP..........

Noooooooooo who said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cmero

I don't believe it!!! Is that far from you? It's 1 hr 30mins drive from me :(

Cmero wrote: »

I do believe it cos everyone wants out of there

Cmero wrote: »

same for me .... car share a possibility if we coming in same direction ?

• Advertisement

I do believe it cos everyone wants out of there

that does not sound good......

Advertisement