Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

AngelaG wrote:
    I have just been informed that all Donegal placements will be in Buncrana DSP..........

FFS... I'm not sure I can move that far away, was hoping Letterkenny was worst case scenario. Have some serious thinking to do about this if offer is forthcoming....

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Noooooooooo who said that?

I had to ring with info. The person in PAS noted my address and asked did I realise that all the positions coming up were in Buncrana ... was very nice of her to give me heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cmero

AngelaG wrote: »
    same for me .... car share a possibility if we coming in same direction ?

Possibly... I haven't got notified about ref checks yet plus I have 2 small children so I don't know if 3hrs travelling a day would suit me :( we will see!!

Necrominus wrote: »
    FFS... I'm not sure I can move that far away, was hoping Letterkenny was worst case scenario. Have some serious thinking to do about this if offer is forthcoming....

Do you know if your references were contacted yet ? You could still maybe move to LK its only 20/25 min drive from there....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

AngelaG wrote:
    Do you know if your references were contacted yet ? You could still maybe move to LK its only 20/25 min drive from there....

Yeah they have been alright but no word since. I'm going to wait and see what happens and decide then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Cmero wrote: »
    Possibly... I haven't got notified about ref checks yet plus I have 2 small children so I don't know if 3hrs travelling a day would suit me :( we will see!!

This happened to me too. I had applied for Tipperary/Limerick and was offered Revenue in Limerick. But with 3-4 hours travelling and extra childcare costs as regards getting someone to mind kids and get them to school in the morning that I don't have with my current job, I felt I had no choice but to decline. I'm glad the new campaign hasn't paired counties like the 2014 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sister bliss

I just got word I passed the interview for Tipp/Limerick n to refer to my placing after stage 2. Anyone know what number they've placed up to??

Also I applied 2 weeks ago for the Temporary Clerical officer competition n got word today that I have an interview next Saturday. Did no online or supervised tests. Can't go to d interview tho as I am working n can't get another day off for an interview, anyone know if they wud accept my previous interview for this competition? Long shot I know but wud hate to miss out on a possible position.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aisinikins2121

shinnyg wrote: »
    Anyone know upto what number they have called in Galway / Clare for interview?

I went for interview last Thursday for Galway/Clare and im in 270's. Just got word today I passed but I haven't a clue what stage they are at with clearance :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ree40

Has anybody got any idea what number they are on for the Sligo panel

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rogerfleming

I am no. 143 for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford and just got word that I passed the interview that I did 2 weeks ago - no idea what the chances are for me to be placed but am on the panel...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shinnyg

I went for interview last Thursday for Galway/Clare and im in 270's. Just got word today I passed but I haven't a clue what stage they are at with clearance :cool:

Thanks for that I'm 390s so not sue if they will reach me on this panel

any news from Donegal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 stevetalk

I just got word I passed the interview for Tipp/Limerick n to refer to my placing after stage 2. Anyone know what number they've placed up to??

Also I applied 2 weeks ago for the Temporary Clerical officer competition n got word today that I have an interview next Saturday. Did no online or supervised tests. Can't go to d interview tho as I am working n can't get another day off for an interview, anyone know if they wud accept my previous interview for this competition? Long shot I know but wud hate to miss out on a possible position.

I got Limerick/Tip as well, number 320. Haven't heard what number they're placing up to yet though.

AngelaG wrote:
    any news from Donegal ?

Not a dicky bird....

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭bunawillanlad

any news from Donegal ?

Got a letter today saying I'm being assigned to a position in the DSP. Personnel section will be in touch shortly giving me details of location and date.... But it is all Buncrana

• Registered Users Posts: 12 waylander995

Got a letter today saying I'm being assigned to a position in the DSP. Personnel section will be in touch shortly giving me details of location and date.... But it is all Buncrana

What position were u?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kate2293

Anyone have any info on Limerick/Tipp and/or Cork?

I did my interview last week and just wondering how high up in the numbers the placing is at

What position were u?

90 or 91

What position were u?

90 or 91

I am 86 heard nothing but my reference was delayed as my manager was on holidays ..... u going to take Buncrana ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hope 2015

Last number i saw placed on here was around 300

• Advertisement

I am 86 heard nothing but my reference was delayed as my manager was on holidays ..... u going to take Buncrana ?

Not sure. It's 80/90 min drive but hopefully it would only be 2 years

Got my offer too. Department of Social Protection but nothing apart from that. Am I right in thinking that broadly covers anywhere in Donegal really so doesn't narrow it down even slightly....

Got my offer too. Department of Social Protection but nothing apart from that. Am I right in thinking that broadly covers anywhere in Donegal really so doesn't narrow it down even slightly....

All the permanent jobs are Buncrana

Hi necrominus definetely all donegal position are in buncrana. Do u mind if i ask what position u were in on the panel As i was assigned number 85 but no letter yet

Hi necrominus definetely all donegal position are in buncrana. Do u mind if i ask what position u were in on the panel As i was assigned number 85 but no letter yet

I was 92 on panel. I'd say your letter is pending if I got mine.

I was 92 on panel. I'd say your letter is pending if I got mine.

Cheers thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bonbon109

sickofthis wrote: »
    So did you get a job offer before they got your garda clearance back? It's all very confusing isn't it?

Yes. I got the offer and it said the garda clearance was pending. I am starting the job on 4th of July. They seem to be telling people different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

Bonbon109 wrote: »
    Yes. I got the offer and it said the garda clearance was pending. I am starting the job on 4th of July. They seem to be telling people different things.
    Did they tell you which department you will be in? When I rang the other day I was told that some garda vetting goes into more depth for positions in the dept of justice or garda stations etc so it might be that I'm being considered for one of those, hence the 6 to 8 week wait for the clearance. We're your ref's checked?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

sickofthis wrote: »
    Did they tell you which department you will be in? When I rang the other day I was told that some garda vetting goes into more depth for positions in the dept of justice or garda stations etc so it might be that I'm being considered for one of those, hence the 6 to 8 week wait for the clearance. We're your ref's checked?
    Best of luck in the job btw 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Laoislady

Wondering if someone could advise me please. I am currently employed on temp contract in civil service til end of December but it's 40 minutes away from home. I have just been called for my stage 3 interview for nearer to home for this Saturday. I am unsure as to whether to go as this interview was for temporary post and my current role has a large chance of contract being extended further again. If it was for a permanent position I would go but I am anxious to leave current job for a temporary contract. I have also applied for the permanent panel that has just been announced so am wondering should I hold out for this instead? Any advice welcomed or if anyone knows of temporary roles becoming longer positions rather than just summer roles. Thanks

Advertisement