Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shinnyg

Laoislady wrote: »
    Wondering if someone could advise me please. I am currently employed on temp contract in civil service til end of December but it's 40 minutes away from home. I have just been called for my stage 3 interview for nearer to home for this Saturday. I am unsure as to whether to go as this interview was for temporary post and my current role has a large chance of contract being extended further again. If it was for a permanent position I would go but I am anxious to leave current job for a temporary contract. I have also applied for the permanent panel that has just been announced so am wondering should I hold out for this instead? Any advice welcomed or if anyone knows of temporary roles becoming longer positions rather than just summer roles. Thanks

Are you sure it's only temporary as there is no stage 3 for TCO it's just online questionnaire and interview so if it's from the 2014 panel go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bonbon109

sickofthis wrote: »
    Did they tell you which department you will be in? When I rang the other day I was told that some garda vetting goes into more depth for positions in the dept of justice or garda stations etc so it might be that I'm being considered for one of those, hence the 6 to 8 week wait for the clearance. We're your ref's checked?

Dept of public expenditure and reform. I have to bring two written references on the day when I start, one from current employer and a character reference. They sent me forms to fill in for wages, personal information etc. They wanted them back asap. Start date is 4th of July.

Hope you here something soon. It's annoying when you are in limbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

Bonbon109 wrote: »
    Dept of public expenditure and reform. I have to bring two written references on the day when I start, one from current employer and a character reference. They sent me forms to fill in for wages, personal information etc. They wanted them back asap. Start date is 4th of July.

Hope you here something soon. It's annoying when you are in limbo.
    Thanks for that. Well done! Best of luck with it !

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

people i know who were ranked after me have gotten their positions, while im still going through clearance.

Makes it hard to work when you know you could be starting somewhere new soon, but not knowing when.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just an update for anyone waiting on assignment for Donegal, I rang HR on the number they provided on my letter and they're getting back to me today. They said they try as best they can to accommodate people via their address so while PAS say all positions are Buncrana this may not be the case.

I'll let you know of any developments...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Necrominus wrote: »
    Just an update for anyone waiting on assignment for Donegal, I rang HR on the number they provided on my letter and they're getting back to me today. They said they try as best they can to accommodate people via their address so while PAS say all positions are Buncrana this may not be the case.

I'll let you know of any developments...

You have made my day...even just the slightest chance is better than nothing. Thanks Necro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭bunawillanlad

AngelaG wrote: »
    You have made my day...even just the slightest chance is better than nothing. Thanks Necro :)

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but I've just had my offer and it's only Buncrana that's got positions. Start 20th June

AngelaG wrote:
    You have made my day...even just the slightest chance is better than nothing. Thanks Necro

Yeah the poster above me seems to be correct though. Got back to me and offered me Buncrana with start date either 27th of June or 4th July but I don't think I'm going to take it. Financially it won't be any better off for me plus I'd have to uproot the entire family so it's just not to be this campaign.. shame after all the waiting but best of luck to ye all in your new positions.

AngelaG wrote:
    You have made my day...even just the slightest chance is better than nothing. Thanks Necro

Yeah the poster above me seems to be correct though. Got back to me and offered me Buncrana with start date either 27th of June or 4th July but I don't think I'm going to take it. Financially it won't be any better off for me plus I'd have to uproot the entire family so it's just not to be this campaign.. shame after all the waiting but best of luck to ye all in your new positions.

Ah that's a shame Necro. All the best in new campaign could work in your favour .

Not sure if I'm taking it yet either. They're sending me out a contract anyway. I might slug it out for 2 years cos I know there will be openings beside me then.

• Advertisement

Not sure if I'm taking it yet either. They're sending me out a contract anyway. I might slug it out for 2 years cos I know there will be openings beside me then.

Any idea on what section you're going into? Local office/Scope/Maternity are all up there. Yeah I haven't definitely said no yet either but weighing up the situation it's too big a move for the family and the finances wouldn't improve from where they are now.

I'm on an open-ended contract as a TCO in Sligo at the moment so I'm not in any panic just yet to move either.

Any idea on what section you're going into? Local office/Scope/Maternity are all up there. Yeah I haven't definitely said no yet either but weighing up the situation it's too big a move for the family and the finances wouldn't improve from where they are now.

I'm on an open-ended contract as a TCO in Sligo at the moment so I'm not in any panic just yet to move either.

No idea what department at all. Jesus I'd stick it out where u are. What's the take home wages after all deductions do u know

No idea what department at all. Jesus I'd stick it out where u are. What's the take home wages after all deductions do u know

419 gross and depending on your tax allowance people are saying between 370 and 380 ............

419 gross and depending on your tax allowance people are saying between 370 and 380 ............

419x52 = far more than the salary scale says

419x52 = far more than the salary scale says

http://restoration.cpsu.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/LRA-Grades-updated-MJK-v5-3-July-15.pdf

Look at 3rd table down Clerical Officer (New clause 2-31 HRA)

21879 and then you divide by 52.18 to work out weekly.

AngelaG wrote:

Pretty much bang on. I'm on just over 380 after tax cos of my tax allowance (wife not working currently so using her tax credits as well as mine)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kate2293

For anyone interested in Limerick/Tipp or Cork:

I rang them and the latest number to be called in Limerick is 320, and in cork is 230.

The panel for this round will stay open until the new panel is formed (after the new group takes the interview- which could take months yet!)

Look at 3rd table down Clerical Officer (New clause 2-31 HRA)

21879 and then you divide by 52.18 to work out weekly.

Better than I thought. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

AngelaG wrote:

After TFA is used up 364 PW if you're single.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 scrumtum

Hi Necrominus-
    what's the story with an 'open-ended' TCO contract?
    I've done TCO a couple of times but always fixed no. of weeks/months.

• Advertisement

scrumtum wrote:
    Hi Necrominus- what's the story with an 'open-ended' TCO contract? I've done TCO a couple of times but always fixed no. of weeks/months.

Well according to my contract it's open-ended, minimum of 13 weeks. I've been there since February and no end in sight just yet. There were 6 of us got taken on in Sligo on the same contract that week.

All 6 still there so far anyways!! It's weird having no end date as hypothetically they could keep us there indefinitely!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

Got a call this morning from PAS. They are calling references and will be hopefully starting in Longford once they check out. no start date. Had given up on this campaign to be honest as I was 160 on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

Kate2293 wrote: »
    For anyone interested in Limerick/Tipp or Cork:

I rang them and the latest number to be called in Limerick is 320, and in cork is 230.

The panel for this round will stay open until the new panel is formed (after the new group takes the interview- which could take months yet!)

im around 200 in cork and still waiting on my garda clearance

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kate2293

theaxel132 wrote: »
    im around 200 in cork and still waiting on my garda clearance

I'm 260 so I've pretty much given up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aisinikins2121

Anyone hear of any movement in Galway/Clare , Laois/Offaly/Westmeath or Mayo Roscommon ?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Anyone hear of any movement in Galway/Clare , Laois/Offaly/Westmeath or Mayo Roscommon ?? ;)

I was wondering if they were interviewing by section? They dont seem to be interviewing all areas???

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

Is it possible to be not offered a position even though I am being put through clearance at the moment? I was called almost 4 weeks ago and when I rang yesterday was told it can take up to 8 weeks for clearance. I'm finished up in my current position in 2 weeks and wondering should I start sending my CV out in case I don't get an offer? Obviously my garda vetting will be fine as I've no record but starting to get anxious. Any advice gratefully received

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aisinikins2121

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    I was wondering if they were interviewing by section? They dont seem to be interviewing all areas???

Interview stands for all regions chosen so I suppose it's possible some regions might move quicker for onr reason or another - even if there wasn't an interview session for it. Or maybe I'm clutching at straws :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Hershall

Nelly 21 wrote: »

Laois/Offaly/Westmeath seems to have ground to a halt at the moment!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Ciabris

Has anyone been offered a contract for Donegal yet and if so where?

Advertisement