Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭bunawillanlad

Ciabris wrote: »
    Has anyone been offered a contract for Donegal yet and if so where?

Got mine in the post today.... All positions are in Buncrana.

Just a question..... Im gonna try keep on my current job on a weekend basis. Is this allowed and will a p60 be OK instead of a p45?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ciabris

Got mine in the post today.... All positions are in Buncrana.

Just a question..... Im gonna try keep on my current job on a weekend basis. Is this allowed and will a p60 be OK instead of a p45?

Thanks, I heard Letterkenny are taking on staff. Also heard they are interviewing from 140 now..surely all can't be for buncrana? not too sure about the p60 and p45 but if you don't give p45 to new employer emergency tax will be deducted..

Thanks, I heard Letterkenny are taking on staff. Also heard they are interviewing from 140 now..surely all can't be for buncrana? not too sure about the p60 and p45 but if you don't give p45 to new employer emergency tax will be deducted..

Yup everything is for Buncrana. I asked personnel and he said if there was anywhere closer he'd give it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Yup everything is for Buncrana. I asked personnel and he said if there was anywhere closer he'd give it to me.

Check your contract Bunawillan I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that you cannot take on other employment.

AngelaG wrote: »
    Check your contract Bunawillan I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that you cannot take on other employment.

I did only glance at it yesterday but there may be something alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Hannahbanna

I did only glance at it yesterday but there may be something alright.

I know ladies currently working in civil service that kept their weekend jobs over the last number of years

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

That's what I was thinking. I know not everyone applied for different regions so haven't done interviews. I thought maybe they are clearing by region? It's hard to know.

Finally got my letter today . DSP in Buncrana ..........

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

AngelaG wrote:

Well done. You going to take it?

Necrominus wrote: »
    Well done. You going to take it?

Yes. I am used to driving in the job I am in anyway and I do be in Buncrana regularly so know it well. Can only pray for a favourable transfer down the line. My contract here expires in Dec and no guarantee of being renewed so cannot take the risk. Have u definitely declined ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

AngelaG wrote: »

Did they make contact with you before you got the letter? References etc...

Liamario wrote: »
    Did they make contact with you before you got the letter? References etc...

Did online test July 2014
    Supervised tests March 2016
    Interviewd on 17th May
    Got a call end of may informing me references were being checked. My manager was on hols so that was delayed. Then got letter in post today offering a position. Only took 23 months from when I first applied :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Hershall wrote: »
    Laois/Offaly/Westmeath seems to have ground to a halt at the moment!!!!

That's what I was thinking. I know not everyone applied for different regions so haven't done interviews. I thought maybe they are clearing by region? It's hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sister bliss

I'm placed 326 for Tipp/Limerick n passed interview few weeks ago.

Had 2 missed calls today from an 01 858 number which I hoped was PAS but when I rang d number it wudnt ring. I rang PAS n was told (very rudely!) that I was contacting the wrong department. I'mean afraid now I'm after missing out on some thing. Anyone know if there is anything I can do to be sure dat I haven't lost my place???

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mayo92

that is PAS you've missed a call from

The guy I spoke to tho told me that the last 4 numbers in the phone number meant that it wasn't PAS??

I mite try n send dem an email n ring again on Monday, mite get through to someone a bit more helpful!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

AngelaG wrote:
    Yes. I am used to driving in the job I am in anyway and I do be in Buncrana regularly so know it well. Can only pray for a favourable transfer down the line. My contract here expires in Dec and no guarantee of being renewed so cannot take the risk. Have u definitely declined ?

Yeah turned it down yesterday. They told me what had been said here before that all positions are currently for Buncrana and nothing available elsewhere so have referred me back to PAS for my other areas.
    I'm disappointed as I really want the job but for financial and personal reasons the move just doesn't work out.
    Best of luck with the new job anyways and hopefully it works out for you with a transfer down the line.
    I won't give up though - more incentive to do well in this competition if another more feasible offer isn't forthcoming!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kate2293

Can anyone answer me this: how long do you have to wait before you can apply for a transfer? Is it one year or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Kate2293 wrote: »
    Can anyone answer me this: how long do you have to wait before you can apply for a transfer? Is it one year or two?

Pretty sure it's 2 years but depending on where you are based, you could be waiting a lot longer if there are others on the waiting list before you.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

I was called for interview next week for Laois/offaly/Westmeath. I'm in late 250's. I've had to try to reschedule as I'm away on holidays. Waiting two years and when I get the call I can't make it. Has anyone else rescheduled?

• Advertisement

Anyone know what email address the PAS is using for this campaign??

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

I think it"s clerical2014 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Are they recruiting for people again for the clerical positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Hershall

Busle wrote: »

I was called for interview next week for Laois/offaly/Westmeath. I'm in late 250's. I've had to try to reschedule as I'm away on holidays. Waiting two years and when I get the call I can't make it. Has anyone else rescheduled?

Im sure they will reschedule for you.
    Im in the 270s didnt get called yet anyway. Hopefully!!!!! Good luck hope it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Will be in your messages on public jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kate2293

For anyone interested in Limerick/Tipp: I'm starting in sarsfireld house in Limerick on the 4th of July. Got a phone all off them today and I was number 358 in the panel! I have completely given up on it to be honest so I'm absolutely delighted!

I haven't yet got any word of Garda vetting or references but have been given my start date

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jesuisros

People awaiting Longford / Leitrim / Sligo News:
    They are placing candidates 100-110 to positions based in Longford

I'm also starting on Sarsfield house on the 4th of July! Got word today too, I was number 326 on the panel.

Very surprised the start date is so soon as I thought gardai vetting n references would take 6-8 weeks!!

Now to break it to my current boss in d morning!!

Turned Buncrana down just there now. Commute just wouldn't work. 3hrs a day. Gutted

• Advertisement

Turned Buncrana down just there now. Commute just wouldn't work. 3hrs a day. Gutted

ah sorry to hear that Bunawillan... I accepted going to try and tough it out for couple of years see how it goes .....

Advertisement