Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kate2293

I'm also starting on Sarsfield house on the 4th of July! Got word today too, I was number 326 on the panel.

Very surprised the start date is so soon as I thought gardai vetting n references would take 6-8 weeks!!

Now to break it to my current boss in d morning!!

Apparently we'll be vetted while in the job!

Congrats on the job and see you in three weeks ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sister bliss

Congrats to you too!

See you soon!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fashionlady26

Kate2293 wrote: »
    For anyone interested in Limerick/Tipp: I'm starting in sarsfireld house in Limerick on the 4th of July. Got a phone all off them today and I was number 358 in the panel! I have completely given up on it to be honest so I'm absolutely delighted!

I haven't yet got any word of Garda vetting or references but have been given my start date

How long were tou waiting between interview and being offered placement if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kate2293

How long were tou waiting between interview and being offered placement if you don't mind me asking?

I had my interview on the 27th of May and was contacted this last Friday about the position.

Kate2293 wrote: »
    I had my interview on the 27th of May and was contacted this last Friday about the position.

Thanks a million. I had my interview on Tuesday so fingers crossed I hear news about a job before this panel finishes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mayo92

Does anybody have any information on Mayo/Roscommon?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Aisinikins

Thought the day would never come but got offered position with Revenue in Galway today. Did interview a month ago , my position on panel is late 270's. Waiting for call for start date but delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

Please help. Was just told im in clearance for a position in a garda station in limerick. This is a position I didnt want as there is no scope for promotion. Does anyone know what is it like. Are you at the public counter or in an office. ? Is there flexi time. ? Thinking should I hold out for my other counties .i am working anyway at the moment. What a disaster! If it revenue or something id take it ?

Please help. Was just told im in clearance for a position in a garda station in limerick. This is a position I didnt want as there is no scope for promotion. Does anyone know what is it like. Are you at the public counter or in an office. ? Is there flexi time. ? Thinking should I hold out for my other counties .i am working anyway at the moment. What a disaster! If it revenue or something id take it ?

• Advertisement

Carlowgirl wrote: »

There is very little scope for promotion i have worked in a station before. You would be in an office away from the public though. At the time there was no flexi but it could be different now.

There is very little scope for promotion i have worked in a station before. You would be in an office away from the public though. At the time there was no flexi but it could be different now.

Thanks very much for your reply. Oh.decisions decisions. Would you recommend it.?

Thanks very much for your reply. Oh.decisions decisions. Would you recommend it.?

I did like it grand job but I don't think i would have been happy doing the same job forever. It is very repetitive and i also would have liked to have the option of promotion. Also transfers are extremly hard to come by in my experience. If you are not sure could you ask them is there any other position in the area?

I did like it grand job but I don't think i would have been happy doing the same job forever. It is very repetitive and i also would have liked to have the option of promotion. Also transfers are extremly hard to come by in my experience. If you are not sure could you ask them is there any other position in the area?

Thanks again. I did and they said if I turn it down.im off the panel. I applied for this thinking I would be able to use my degrees at some stage. It seems like a dead end job and its a bit unfair I feel. I am way overqualified for it

Thanks again. I did and they said if I turn it down.im off the panel. I applied for this thinking I would be able to use my degrees at some stage. It seems like a dead end job and its a bit unfair I feel. I am way overqualified for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

What are your degrees in? There may be AO positions at some stage in your field. That would be a much higher grade.

Also, I would imagine the EO will be run again next year.

The CO salary is less than €450 gross a week. Would you stay where you are until something more suitable comes up?

I know someone working as a CO in a Garda Station and they're trying to get out. There is promotion but I think EO is the highest grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

Hi there do you mind me asking how you know that you are in clearance for the Garda station? I'm in clearance the last 5 weeks and when I call PAS they can't tell me anything. I'd love to know if I'm being considered for something similar

sickofthis wrote: »
    Hi there do you mind me asking how you know that you are in clearance for the Garda station? I'm in clearance the last 5 weeks and when I call PAS they can't tell me anything. I'd love to know if I'm being considered for something similar
    I rang and was told nothing a few times. Was told different nos etc. I was told last week my no. Hadnt been reached. Then today they confirmed people higher than me have been placed and the reason I havent is because the clearance for my sector takes longer. I asked straight out if it is for a garda station. Im gutted and dont know what to do. I am working in a temp contract in a council where there is loads of possibility for graduate jobs. I have about ten months left in that contract. So confused. Can you def go to eo in a garda station ?

I rang and was told nothing a few times. Was told different nos etc. I was told last week my no. Hadnt been reached. Then today they confirmed people higher than me have been placed and the reason I havent is because the clearance for my sector takes longer. I asked straight out if it is for a garda station. Im gutted and dont know what to do. I am working in a temp contract in a council where there is loads of possibility for graduate jobs. I have about ten months left in that contract. So confused. Can you def go to eo in a garda station ?
    hi I have no idea about going to eo I'm afraid. Every time I ring I'm told something different, also told my garda vetting was more in depth as it might mean I'm being considered for a role in the dept of justice or a garda station but when I called the garda vettingsection they said that there are no different levels of vetting and that the longest they take to vet is 2 weeks. It's now almost 5 weeks since they applied for my vetting and I know someone who has been offered a position in revenue who was interviewed the same day as me so I am very anxious. I know my garda vetting will be fine but I'm just wishing they would contact me. Also now when I ring they are telling me it could be 8 weeks til the vetting comes through as opposed to the 4 to 6 I was originally told

hi I have no idea about going to eo I'm afraid. Every time I ring I'm told something different, also told my garda vetting was more in depth as it might mean I'm being considered for a role in the dept of justice or a garda station but when I called the garda vettingsection they said that there are no different levels of vetting and that the longest they take to vet is 2 weeks. It's now almost 5 weeks since they applied for my vetting and I know someone who has been offered a position in revenue who was interviewed the same day as me so I am very anxious. I know my garda vetting will be fine but I'm just wishing they would contact me. Also now when I ring they are telling me it could be 8 weeks til the vetting comes through as opposed to the 4 to 6 I was originally told
    I wish you luck though whatever you do. Just out of interest though I thought work in a garda station would be exciting and interesting. Do you think it's a position to be avoided?

• Advertisement

You can definitely go to EO but the opportunity does not come up that often and rate time it does everyone in the country working in a Garda station applies for it as there are nonother opportunities. If you have a degree and have worked hard for it I would say hold it out for a graduate position if it is a career you would like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 alocinm

Aisinikins wrote: »
    Thought the day would never come but got offered position with Revenue in Galway today. Did interview a month ago , my position on panel is late 270's. Waiting for call for start date but delighted.

Congrats. A bit gutted by this though as I'm early 210s on the panel and I have never heard anything back from them since I was told I'd passed the interview stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

alocinm wrote:
    Congrats. A bit gutted by this though as I'm early 210s on the panel and I have never heard anything back from them since I was told I'd passed the interview stage

Presumably you rang them and asked why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 alocinm

Presumably you rang them and asked why?

Not yet because the last time I emailed them they told me they were only up to number 90 on the panel and thats only 3 weeks or so ago. I'll definitely be ringing them tomorrow to see what's up after seeing this

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bettyblaa

Anyone been called for interview in Kilkenny/Carlow know the number their at?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mommammymam

Bettyblaa wrote: »
    Anyone been called for interview in Kilkenny/Carlow know the number their at?
    I was placed 6 weeks ago in Kilkenny and I was 110. Not sure if there are more updates on here after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

alocinm wrote:
    Not yet because the last time I emailed them they told me they were only up to number 90 on the panel and thats only 3 weeks or so ago. I'll definitely be ringing them tomorrow to see what's up after seeing this

They are always very helpful when you ring, it shows you are more engaged with the process then just emailing. Good luck.

hi I have no idea about going to eo I'm afraid. Every time I ring I'm told something different, also told my garda vetting was more in depth as it might mean I'm being considered for a role in the dept of justice or a garda station but when I called the garda vettingsection they said that there are no different levels of vetting and that the longest theytake to vet is 2 weeks. It's now almost 5 weeks since they applied for my vetting and I know someone who has been offered a position in revenue who was interviewed the same day as me so I am very anxious. I know my garda vetting will be fine but I'm just wishing they would contact me. Also now when I ring they are telling me it could be 8 weeks til the vetting comes through as opposed to the 4 to 6 I was originally told

I was told vetting for certain sectors takes more time. I know people way higher than me have been vetted and placed. Its most likely garda station or justice. Does anyone know for sure if your working at a public counter. ?

You can definitely go to EO but the opportunity does not come up that often and rate time it does everyone in the country working in a Garda station applies for it as there are nonother opportunities. If you have a degree and have worked hard for it I would say hold it out for a graduate position if it is a career you would like.
    Thanks x

• Advertisement

Thanks x

Advertisement