Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

Carlowgirl wrote: »
    I was told vetting for certain sectors takes more time. I know people way higher than me have been vetted and placed. Its most likely garda station or justice. Does anyone know for sure if your working at a public counter. ?
    Thanks Carlowgirl. I suppose I will just have to be patient 😊 best of luck with whatever you decide

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Ciabris, did you hear they were interviewing to 140 in Donegal? I'm in the 120's and haven't got a shout.....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 alocinm

They are always very helpful when you ring, it shows you are more engaged with the process then just emailing. Good luck.

Turns out there's a position waiting for me and they're waiting on the clearance before checking references :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Hershall

Anybody interviewed for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath recently????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 alocinm

For the life of me I can't remember at what stage we gave our references. Was it at interview stage? Trying to figure out who I have down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Hershall wrote: »
    Anybody interviewed for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath recently????

I read here that someone who was in the 250s was called for interview for next week

alocinm wrote: »
    For the life of me I can't remember at what stage we gave our references. Was it at interview stage? Trying to figure out who I have down
    I gave mine on the day of the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

Turns out there's a position waiting for me and they're waiting on the clearance before checking references :)

Im in the same boat.

just waiting for the start date to hand my notice in.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

Carlowgirl wrote: »
    I rang and was told nothing a few times. Was told different nos etc. I was told last week my no. Hadnt been reached. Then today they confirmed people higher than me have been placed and the reason I havent is because the clearance for my sector takes longer. I asked straight out if it is for a garda station. Im gutted and dont know what to do. I am working in a temp contract in a council where there is loads of possibility for graduate jobs. I have about ten months left in that contract. So confused. Can you def go to eo in a garda station ?

Yeah this is what happened for me as well. think a Garda station would be interesting for a year or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mayo92

They are always very helpful when you ring, it shows you are more engaged with the process then just emailing. Good luck.

What area are u waiting for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Michelle87

Hi all,
    I'm early 290's in Cork and starting to lose hope of getting a call, I haven't heard anything since I got the email to say I passed the interview.. Does anyone know what number has been reached in Cork?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

Are the interviewing stages over? I have applied to Cavan, Monaghan, Longford, Leitrim, Sligo and laois, Offaly, Westmeath. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Seems to have gone very quiet in dublin at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TheRoyce

as instructed, I sent off my vetting Form to the Gardai Vetting agency which I think was in Navan. Like a moron, I didn't keep the first page with the contact info on it so now I can' even find the number to call or email address to use.
    I sent it off four weeks ago and still haven't heard a thing back. Starting to get very, very nervous.
    Would anyone, by any chance, have any experience with how long it takes the Gardai to pass clearance on their vetting or even a number I could contact the correct office on?

as instructed, I sent off my vetting Form to the Garda Vetting agency which I think was in Navan. Like a moron, I didn't keep the first page with the contact info on it so now I can' even find the number to call or email address to use.
    I sent it off four weeks ago and still haven't heard a thing back. Starting to get very, very nervous.
    Would anyone, by any chance, have any experience with how long it takes the Garda to pass clearance on their vetting or even a number I could contact the correct office on?

TheRoyce wrote: »
    as instructed, I sent off my vetting Form to the Garda Vetting agency which I think was in Navan. Like a moron, I didn't keep the first page with the contact info on it so now I can' even find the number to call or email address to use.
    Would anyone, by any chance, have any experience with how long it takes the Garda to pass clearance on their vetting or even a number I could contact the correct office on?
    I spoke to someone in PAS yesterday as it's 5 weeks since my vetting began and I told it can take up to 9 weeks as I'm down for a role in the dept of justice, which is seemingly very strict about not taking people on while they are in the process of being vetted due to the nature of the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

as instructed, I sent off my vetting Form to the Gardai Vetting agency which I think was in Navan. Like a moron, I didn't keep the first page with the contact info on it so now I can' even find the number to call or email address to use.
    Would anyone, by any chance, have any experience with how long it takes the Gardai to pass clearance on their vetting or even a number I could contact the correct office on?

Aren't you meant to send the form back to PAS?

Wheety wrote: »
    Aren't you meant to send the form back to PAS?

ya thats what I would have thought aswell but they were very Very clear in the form to not send the vetting form back to PAS. They must have had it on there around 3 times. Then I called up the PAS and asked about the progress of my application and was told that the vetting and placement was being handled but the Garda from now on so they weren't able to give any information.

Is it a Justice/Garda position?

Wheety wrote: »
    Is it a Justice/Garda position?

To the best of my knowledge it is. I was asked to fill out another vetting form, provide a copy of my passport and return the letter to the Garda civilian recruitment office which was the address from where the letter had been sent.

• Advertisement

Ok, that makes sense so. I know the normal forms say to send them back to PAS. But Justice clearance is another more in depth check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Amanda.ie

HR dept Athlumney House, IDA Business Park, Johnstown, Navan, Co. Meath.
    +353 46 9036350

Vetting takes around six weeks but they can push it if needs be. Have you had an offer?

Amanda.ie wrote: »
    HR dept Athlumney House, IDA Business Park, Johnstown, Navan, Co. Meath.
    +353 46 9036350

Vetting takes around six weeks but they can push it if needs be. Have you had an offer?

nothing as of yet. I was asked to send off my vetting form to the Garda 4 weeks ago so with the 3 weeks of vetting under the PAS and the 4 weeks with the Garda, I'm at week number 7 of vetting after receiving a call asking me if I was still interested in a position.

Still though, I guess the Garda vetting does take longer so i'll just continue to wait. Thanks so much for the number. I'll give them a call tomorrow during working hours just to make sure everything is on track.

nothing as of yet. I was asked to send off my vetting form to the Garda 4 weeks ago so with the 3 weeks of vetting under the PAS and the 4 weeks with the Garda, I'm at week number 7 of vetting after receiving a call asking me if I was still interested in a position.

Still though, I guess the Garda vetting does take longer so i'll just continue to wait. Thanks so much for the number. I'll give them a call tomorrow during working hours just to make sure everything is on track.

All vetting is in Thurles, there is no different garda vetting. Its done by civilians now and its busy at the moment with delays I hear.
    Go on the garda page and you will get an email for HR. I cant post the link. You might be better to phone.

Amanda.ie wrote: »
    All vetting is in Thurles, there is no different garda vetting. Its done by civilians now and its busy at the moment with delays I hear.
    Go on the garda page and you will get an email for HR. I cant post the link. You might be better to phone.

why did they have me fill out 2 different vetting forms for 2 different addresses?

why did they have me fill out 2 different vetting forms for 2 different addresses?

I dont know. They probably only started the vetting when you sent in the second form. There is only one vetting unit. They usually do them in batches when hiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Seems to have gone very quiet in dublin at the moment

Weirdly, I just got an email saying there are currently vacancies in the Dublin region, and to contact pas if I'm interested.

I was originally on the panel for 2 other regions, declined an offer in one and remain on the panel for the other.

just received a call to say that I probably wont get a placement as a civilian worker in the Garda due to an adult caution I received 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

just received a call to say that I probably wont get a placement as a civilian worker in the Garda due to an adult caution I received 2 years ago.

:(
    UsedToWait wrote: »
    Weirdly, I just got an email saying there are currently vacancies in the Dublin region, and to contact pas if I'm interested.

I was originally on the panel for 2 other regions, declined an offer in one and remain on the panel for the other.

Got the same email. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 fashionlady26

Can anyone shed any lifht on what clearance is i am currently in this stage but unsure of what it means. Also at interview I listed my previous 3 employers as my references the two most recent are fine but the third was my first job which was 10 years ago now in a large retails chain and the manager I put down may not work there anymore, i have no problem at all with the reference but i dont know will there still be someone there who knew me . Does anyone know will they go back that far?

Advertisement