Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 meh123

Hi there, has anyone gotten an email in regards to positions available in the Dublin region? I applied for the waterford and wexford region originally myself but got this email today!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bettyblaa

meh123 wrote: »
    Hi there, has anyone gotten an email in regards to positions available in the Dublin region? I applied for the waterford and wexford region originally myself but got this email today!

I got same email also applied waterford wexford. What no. are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Bettyblaa wrote: »
    I got same email also applied waterford wexford. What no. are you?

Got it too. I'm 142 for Waterford/Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paul64

egan2020 wrote: »
    Got it too. I'm 142 for Waterford/Wexford.

Me too. is there anybody considering heading to dublin from this area?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 meh123

I'd be interested to know where the jobs are etc... but i wouldn't be jumping at the chance lol! I'm 100 on the list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Got it also! Wat/Wex region. Think Im in the 230's
    Not going for it though. Am living in Tipp now and have 4 and 3 year old!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Got that email too! Im in Wat/Wex area too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 iliketrees

I got the same message re positions in Dublin, I am also in Wex/Waterford region?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Hershall

Got that email about Dublin positions too I applied for laois/offaly/westmeath. Dont think i will go for it even though it looks like laois/offaly is wound up!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Phantasos

Got the email too and I'm someone that turned down a Dublin area job in the past. I wonder if there's a high PeoplePoint turnover or something? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

Hershall wrote: »
    Got that email about Dublin positions too I applied for laois/offaly/westmeath. Dont think i will go for it even though it looks like laois/offaly is wound up!!!!!

I have my rescheduled interview next week for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath. I hope that there is still a few positions left as I'd have no interest in Dublin either.

I have my rescheduled interview next week for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath. I hope that there is still a few positions left as I'd have no interest in Dublin either.

Busle wrote: »

If you have an interview at this stage id say theres a good chance you will be offered a position. Im in 270s but haven't been offered an interview. Did you get the email about Dublin?

If you have an interview at this stage id say theres a good chance you will be offered a position. Im in 270s but haven't been offered an interview. Did you get the email about Dublin?

No email about Dublin. That'll probably come after the interview :-(. Give them a call to see what the story is, after all you're only a few behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BJG524

@babygiraffe, i cant respond to your message as ur email confirmation is not completed

Yes i got placed, starting in Killarney on the 11th July - bit annoyed as i wanted limerick(and they have gone last my number there now but have to take kerry a reached my clearance for there first(, gonna be a bit of a commute but too late to tun it down and take the chance of gettin limk again!

No email about Dublin. That'll probably come after the interview :-(. Give them a call to see what the story is, after all you're only a few behind me.

I doubt v much at this stage if they would interview you unless they have a position also seeing as you didnt get the email about Dublin id say your sound. Am hoping to get interview for laois /offaly/westmeath but its looking unlikely!!!

babygiraffe
    Awaiting Email Confirmation

Still cant reply to you.

I doubt v much at this stage if they would interview you unless they have a position also seeing as you didnt get the email about Dublin id say your sound. Am hoping to get interview for laois /offaly/westmeath but its looking unlikely!!!
    I hope you're called and it works out for us all. I hate the thoughts of going through this process again :-(

Can anyone thats already started tell me what the take home pay is please? Know yearly starting is 21,879 but whats left after tax etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

BJG524 wrote: »
    Can anyone thats already started tell me what the take home pay is please? Know yearly starting is 21,879 but whats left after tax etc?

If your single and after tax settles down about 364 a week.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ando88

Hi, I will apply for the clerical officer vacancy with dublin city council, do I send the application form in to the following address?

Human Resources Department, Dublin City Council,
    Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8.

It says it will not accept e-mail applications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

ando88 wrote: »
    Hi, I will apply for the clerical officer vacancy with dublin city council, do I send the application form in to the following address?

Human Resources Department, Dublin City Council,
    Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8.

It says it will not accept e-mail applications.
    Best to hand it in on the 4th floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

Anyone here get Dept of Justice? I'm looking it up and it looks like a really interesting dept to get, so many sections in it. I'm very happy to get it, just wish my vetting would hurry up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

sickofthis wrote: »
    Anyone here get Dept of Justice? I'm looking it up and it looks like a really interesting dept to get, so many sections in it. I'm very happy to get it, just wish my vetting would hurry up.

right there with you.

i was told garda station which also sounds interesting.

would love to know a start date so i can hand in my notice where I am and get a fresh start

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Aisinikins

Anyone else on here starting in revenue in galway in a fortnight? Feeling the nerves now 😬😬

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Cocobean1

Aisinikins wrote: »
    Anyone else on here starting in revenue in galway in a fortnight? Feeling the nerves now 😬😬

Hi I'm starting there on 11th July, the nerves will be kicking in for me soon enough aswel! Try not to think about it too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Aisinikins

Cocobean1 wrote: »
    Hi I'm starting there on 11th July, the nerves will be kicking in for me soon enough aswel! Try not to think about it too much!

I'm starting the same day. I keep switching from excited to nervous .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TheRoyce

Today we enter the 7th week since I was told that I would be sent for vetting and the 4th week since I was told that I wwould be sent of for extra Garda vetting.

Advertisement