Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Hello, would anyone know about the following:
    im applying for a CO position in Cork, Ive done Part 1.A of the test which the deadline was last Wednesday, Not heard anything yet about part B which is the aptitude test ...My sister who is also applying, just got a email back to check her Public Jobs mail that the part b of the test is coming up soon and check it out regularly. She got this in the last half an hour or so....I didn't get this email yet...should I be worried that Im not going to get further .

Do they reply to you if you didn't get any further than 1.A

Thanks in advance

As far as I know, everyone will be invited to do part B.

I heard before that they send out messages in batches so just hold tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Has anybody heard if they're still interviewing for Donegal, if so what number? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

littlemrs wrote: »
    I'm so annoyed, just rang public appointments today to see where my region is. Everyone up to 220 in Sligo leitrim Longford has been interviewed, except me I'm number 215, they left me out & they have no idea why, so not fair. They're calling me back with answers as to why I didn't get interviewed. If I hadn't rang I wouldn't even have known I'd been missed out!!!

Same thing happened me back in Jan. Got there in end

Wheety wrote: »

Nope they don't call everyone. You can in essence not make the cut at 1st stage if they do t like your answers .
    Yes the word is filtering through since 2pm & people I know are still only getting g messages at different times so dont panic yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Anyone applying for the clerical positions through public jobs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

speedygirl wrote: »
    Nope they don't call everyone. You can in essence not make the cut at 1st stage if they do t like your answers .
    Yes the word is filtering through since 2pm & people I know are still only getting g messages at different times so dont panic yet.

But this is still stage 1, just part B.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ando88

I got the message (by text) to check my inbox on public jobs site, it was details of part B. I agree with the above mentioned post regarding this still being stage 1 just broke up into two parts. I assume they will look at your results in part A & B then decide if you will be called for interview?, it makes sense as they not going to interview every person that applies only those that have potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

ando88 wrote: »
    I got the message (by text) to check my inbox on public jobs site, it was details of part B. I agree with the above mentioned post regarding this still being stage 1 just broke up into two parts. I assume they will look at your results in part A & B then decide if you will be called for interview?, it makes sense as they not going to interview every person that applies only those that have potential.

Will probably be a supervised aptitude test then interviews after that.

For tco they didn't do supervised aptitude test, just if you passed a certain grade in part a & b you would may get an interview.

Will probably be a supervised aptitude test then interviews after that.

For tco they didn't do supervised aptitude test, just if you passed a certain grade in part a & b you would may get an interview.

What's tco? Is it temporary clerical officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

Hershall wrote: »
    How did the interview go for you?

It went well. Very structured and you'd be well prepared. I got the result the next day and I "met the qualifying standard" just a waiting game now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Alexa Sticky Sorbet

Wheety wrote: »

Cheers , I got it while I was at work....Aptitude test next...cheers

Yes and as a serving officer I know you still have to make the cut in the questionairre , as in meet min acceptable standards. I know 2 people who did questiinairre in 2014 campaign & didn't get any further

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aleera

Got a letter to say I've been assigned a position in the Department of Social Protection in Waterford. Has anyone any experience working here? Very hard to get information, I called to see about Garda vetting as the letter said they're still waiting on it but no one could give me a solid answer. Haven't got a start date yet so I'm unsure when to hand in my notice into my current employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hannahbanna

Aleera wrote: »
    Got a letter to say I've been assigned a position in the Department of Social Protection in Waterford. Has anyone any experience working here? Very hard to get information, I called to see about Garda vetting as the letter said they're still waiting on it but no one could give me a solid answer. Haven't got a start date yet so I'm unsure when to hand in my notice into my current employers.

Congrats that's great u got a job Waterford seems so slow do u mind me ask what number you were and is this the first contact u got since interview, thanks :)

Congrats that's great u got a job Waterford seems so slow do u mind me ask what number you were and is this the first contact u got since interview, thanks :)

I was 70 after stage 2 and then did the interview and I didn't get another number after that. The only contact I got after the interview was about a year ago for a position in Limerick which I declined (that was the other region I had applied for) and after that nothing until this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hannahbanna

I was 70 after stage 2 and then did the interview and I didn't get another number after that. The only contact I got after the interview was about a year ago for a position in Limerick which I declined (that was the other region I had applied for) and after that nothing until this week.

Thanks, great they offering still wonder will there be much more before panel closes fingers crossed there a few left anyhows hopefully ul have ur date soon a few on this have said their clearance took a number of weeks

Hi can I ask how far back they went with your references?

*congrats by the way

Hi, can I ask how far back they went with your references?

*congrats by the way

Hi, can I ask how far back they went with your references?

*congrats by the way

Thank you! When they called about my references I told them that I had started a new job last year and they asked for my employers details and asked could they phone my current employer. I don't think they phoned any of my older ones, but I can't say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Eoinie87

Just been offered a position in athlone which is an hour and a half drive for me was really hoping for laois which would be 20 minutes but they said there is not much of a chance of positions in laois before this comes to end not too sure what to do..
    Anyone have any idea on what departments are in athlone?thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Seamus O Leprosy

Eoinie87 wrote: »
    Just been offered a position in athlone which is an hour and a half drive for me was really hoping for laois which would be 20 minutes but they said there is not much of a chance of positions in laois before this comes to end not too sure what to do..

Department of education is the big one in athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aisinikins2121

Education is here, revenue office, state examinations. Court in town aswell so could be justice. Theres also a small dep related to agri or environment just outside town, i'm not 100% sure on.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Hershall

Sorry to hear you didnt get Laois
    Its a shame after all the waitng. Im in 270s no interview yet. Its looking unlikely but you never know. Good luck with your decision.

Its a shame after all the waitng. Im in 270s no interview yet. Its looking unlikely but you never know. Good luck with your decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Kate2293 wrote: »
    Basically nothing.

in or around €21,000 entry point for COs now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 alocinm

Waiting on my last employer to give me a reference and he's dragging his heels big time. Also not confident that it will be a good reference. Could one bad reference with 3 really good ones put an end to me getting a position does anyone know?

Thank you, Shame to get my region but the furthest away out of the 3 counties but will have to make do now the traveling will pay off in the long run i hope.
    Fingers crossed for you that they bring in another bunch before they close I know they did interviews lately so would like to hope they are doing so for a purpose. Best of luck

Thank you, Shame to get my region but the furthest away out of the 3 counties but will have to make do now the traveling will pay off in the long run i hope.
    Fingers crossed for you that they bring in another bunch before they close I know they did interviews lately so would like to hope they are doing so for a purpose. Best of luck

Hopefully!!! Roughly what number were you again. Thx.

Hopefully!!! Roughly what number were you again. Thx.

Pm you hershall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have an interview later this week only found out on Friday, it was originally booked for July 5 but due to eye surgery I was forced to postpone, I still can't see all too well but don't want to postpone it again. I've spent the past two days doing prep work and plan on doing the same tonight and tomorrow.

Advertisement