Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ando88

Hi all, now that part A & B are finished, will they send the results of the test to us? or is it just a matter of next time you will hear from them is a call for interview?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

wrong thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

I have an interview later this week only found out on Friday, it was originally booked for July 5 but due to eye surgery I was forced to postpone, I still can't see all too well but don't want to postpone it again. I've spent the past two days doing prep work and plan on doing the same tonight and tomorrow.

Best of luck. What area are you interviewing for. My advise is just have an example for each competency and you"'ll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Brycen Microscopic Schoolroom

ando88 wrote: »
    Hi all, now that part A & B are finished, will they send the results of the test to us? or is it just a matter of next time you will hear from them is a call for interview?

thanks

Curious too, do they send out a message saying if your not going on to any further stages..I don't think I did well on the maths test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Curious too, do they send out a message saying if your not going on to any further stages..I don't think I did well on the maths test

For the maths was it all right to use a calculator?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Noreenee1

Stickmam wrote: »
    I've just started as a permanent CO after being a TCO - I was told I would still have to do the 12 months probation but that time already served would count towards salary increments etc.

What was your aptitude test like how many questions for the numerical and how many for the verbal was there only 2 sections???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

What's the story here
    https://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/campaignAdvert/33993.htm?lang=en

I thought they'd pull from the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

That's for West meath county council

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

job seeker wrote: »
    For the maths was it all right to use a calculator?

They will know and you will be blacklisted for ever** :D

** this may or may not be true

They will know and you will be blacklisted for ever** :D

** this may or may not be true

Ah that's okay, as I used my fingers to calculate... :P:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TheRoyce

I received a letter today saying that I'd been placed in a Garda Station in Cork City and that someone would be in contact soon with the location and start date. God I hope they call soon. It's the last piece of this 2 year long puzzle.

Anyway, anybody else looking at Garda placement in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hannahbanna

Hi

Does anyone have any idea where they might be on Waterford panel with jobs offered and also with interviews ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

TheRoyce wrote: »
    I received a letter today saying that I'd been placed in a Garda Station in Cork City and that someone would be in contact soon with the location and start date. God I hope they call soon. It's the last piece of this 2 year long puzzle.

Anyway, anybody else looking at Garda placement in Cork?

when i phoned public jobs they told me I would be going to a garda station once i was verified, but I am still waiting on that to come through

Noreenee1 wrote: »
    What was your aptitude test like how many questions for the numerical and how many for the verbal was there only 2 sections???

For both

You can select "True", "False" or "Can't tell" depending on the question asked.

Your given 3 or 4 tabs each containing different information. "Holidays" "Profit" "Sales" ECT your given the info and you must read the correct info which corresponds to the question asked.

The other one is similar except for the fact there is like 6 or 7 tabs containing different info.

You're given 12 minutes to answer 29/30 questions if I remember correctly. Just can't remember exactly how many questions there are but it's about 29/30.

You'll understand what I'm saying when you read the instructions given

Speed and selecting the correct answer is key (obviously).

was anybody at the test this morning for the PASO grade 3 (prison admin) how did you find it for those that attended? I managed to finish all the questions except the numerical :/

Stickmam wrote: »
    I've just started as a permanent CO after being a TCO - I was told I would still have to do the 12 months probation but that time already served would count towards salary increments etc.

Hi ya,
    When u did the aptitude how did u find it did u think u did well on it, I just did mine today but only got about 12/15 answered on numerical I think would that get a pass.. I'm a tco at min till end of sept...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

Noreenee1 wrote: »
    Hi ya,
    When u did the aptitude how did u find it did u think u did well on it, I just did mine today but only got about 12/15 answered on numerical I think would that get a pass.. I'm a tco at min till end of sept...

No offence intended, but if you only answered 12 to 15 of the 36 questions then (provided you got them all correct), that's only 33 to 41% - they're not going to be hiring people that just about scrape through, there's going to be thousands of applicants ahead of this.

Yes but mayb the no's r lower in Monaghan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

Well good luck with it, but I honestly don't expect to get anywhere with it and I got all bar 3 questions done.

There's just so many people applying for so few jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Whistles49

ando88 wrote: »
    was anybody at the test this morning for the PASO grade 3 (prison admin) how did you find it for those that attended? I managed to finish all the questions except the numerical :/

Hi, were the PASO positions that you were testing for in Castlerea? I had gotten an email last year to see if I would be interested if anything came up but never heard back when I said I would! I emailed last week to see had no job came up and they said it hadn't, never mentioned exams.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 inga10

Hi everyone.
    I got offered the position at Department of Justice. Starting date 25. July. Didn't received the contract yet. Nobody didn't tell me to fill in Garda vetting form. I heard from previous posts that Grada vetting form takes to be cleard 5-6 weeks. Can I work in Department of Justice if Garda vetting form isn't approved yet ? Any experience about that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hannahbanna

inga10 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    I got offered the position at Department of Justice. Starting date 25. July. Didn't received the contract yet. Nobody didn't tell me to fill in Garda vetting form. I heard from previous posts that Grada vetting form takes to be cleard 5-6 weeks. Can I work in Department of Justice if Garda vetting form isn't approved yet ? Any experience about that ?

Congrats !!! Im not sure but I think for that dept they will wait For the vetting first due to nature of where your going into, what region are u in....

Whistles49 wrote: »
    Hi, were the PASO positions that you were testing for in Castlerea? I had gotten an email last year to see if I would be interested if anything came up but never heard back when I said I would! I emailed last week to see had no job came up and they said it hadn't, never mentioned exams.....

i think it was for Dublin but can't remember to be honest, I will take up employment anywhere...

I am offered the TCO position in Department of Justice , start date 25. July didn't receive the contract yet. Should I need to fill in the Garda vetting form ? If its not approved by 25 of July, can I work there ? ( heard that to approve Garda vetting form can take up to 5 weeks )

inga10 wrote: »
    I am offered the TCO position in Department of Justice , start date 25. July didn't receive the contract yet. Should I need to fill in the Garda vetting form ? If its not approved by 25 of July, can I work there ? ( heard that to approve Garda vetting form can take up to 5 weeks )

contact public jobs they might be able to advise

I am in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

just got the call to ask about my references.

Although he did tell me my garda clearance would need to be redone as it was over 6 months old, but i only resent it 9 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 juru

Hi just wondering what does the medical entail. I have been offered a six month contract subject to medical. I do have some minor medical issues and I am wondering if that would stop me getting the position

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlemrs

Can I ask, on average when people received an email inviting them to interview (stage 3), how much notice of the interview did they get? a week, 2 weeks, longer?

• Advertisement

1-2 weeks.

Advertisement