Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Anyone invited to apply for jobs in Dublin in the 2014 comp?

Hi Nelly 21, yes I also got this message on Friday.

I'm in the 320s for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath and I'm afraid that I won't be called before the panel runs out so I'm tempted by Dublin. My kids are still very young though so I'm debating if the commute every day is worth it....

Me too. Realistically the travel would add 3 hours at least to the working day. Wouldn't make much sense. Our section seems to have stalled

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭SunshineKid

littlemrs wrote: »
    Hi Sunshine kid, I'm in same boat for Longford Sligo Leitrim. the panel is getting near my number but I'm tempted by Dublin as if I didn't get called in next 3 months I'd gat nothing. Again kids are young and commute would be massive. Would love to know
    a) how long before you could get a transfer back home
    b) what are the chances of the panel reaching me before it expires.
    anyone know what the chances of a transfer in the short term are?

As far as I know you would have to work at least 12 months before you could look for a transfer. Then you would have to wait until whatever area you were looking to move to had a vacancy. I guess you could be looking at approx 2 years or so.

Me too. Realistically the travel would add 3 hours at least to the working day. Wouldn't make much sense. Our section seems to have stalled

Yep, same here 90 mins each way. I could make myself do it for 12 months if I really had to I guess but not for much longer. Last time I was in contact with PAS approx 2 weeks ago they said they had 190 assigned to Laois/Offaly/Westmeath. Wonder where they are at now? Panel will probably expire shortly. Not expecting to be called at this stage :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 relative1

Does anyone know how long it takes from you have been told that you have got through clearance until you find out where you have been assigned?

Does anyone know how long it takes from you have been told that you have got through clearance until you find out where you have been assigned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

relative1 wrote: »

depends on the area.

took me a week, but i know of other people who had to wait for 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TheRoyce

Received a letter 2 weeks ago telling me that I had been accepted into the Garda in Cork and that someone would be in touch soon with the specifics and the where and the when.
    As far as I know, other applicants for the Garda in Cork have already received their starting dates.
    Calls have been made, messages have been left and emails have been sent.
    I was even promised that I would receive news today.

Nothing yet.

I'm not an anxious person but this is starting to take its toll. I'm not sleeping very well these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hannahbanna

TheRoyce wrote: »
    Received a letter 2 weeks ago telling me that I had been accepted into the Garda in Cork and that someone would be in touch soon with the specifics and the where and the when.
    As far as I know, other applicants for the Garda in Cork have already received their starting dates.
    Calls have been made, messages have been left and emails have been sent.
    I was even promised that I would receive news today.

Nothing yet.

I'm not an anxious person but this is starting to take its toll. I'm not sleeping very well these days.

Don't worry they prb just waiting clearance or something small I got letter for my region also and I'm waiting to hear as well I'm not going panic I think I read a good bit back on this some people were waiting weeks !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

Has anyone got a webpage link to apply for a Clerical position on publicjobs

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

Larcoon wrote: »

the application time is over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Larcoon wrote: »
    https://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/campaignAdvert/33993.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

apologiess I was thinking about the National Recruitment drive.
    Thanks for the above link.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TheRoyce

Does anyone know of any candidate that received a letter informing them that they have been placed and they would be contacted with details shortly and then just not receive the job after all for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Don't worry they prb just waiting clearance or something small I got letter for my region also and I'm waiting to hear as well I'm not going panic I think I read a good bit back on this some people were waiting weeks !!!

Did you get letter about Waterford/Wexford? I got one today and to be honest I'd completely given up hope and was banking on the new campaign. I'm 132 for Waterford and as far as I knew they were at no. 70 a couple of weeks ago so didn't think they'd go much further than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ciara_mar

Hi. Just got offered a position in office of revenue commissioners dublin. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

ciara_mar wrote: »
    Hi. Just got offered a position in office of revenue commissioners dublin. Anyone else?

Same, but not Dublin. I chose Meath/Louth area, so I'm assuming it's the office in Trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Wen will we hear back for the permanent clerical positions?

Liamario wrote: »
    Same, but not Dublin. I chose Meath/Louth area, so I'm assuming it's the office in Trim.

I got offered Revenue in Louth/meath also...could be in Dundalk

Is there an office in Dundalk?

Edit- oh god, there is. I hope it's not there. That's a 90min commute ;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Do you know what number they are up to in Louth ??

• Advertisement

alf66 wrote: »
    Do you know what number they are up to in Louth ??

I was 252.

Liamario wrote: »
    Is there an office in Dundalk?

Edit- oh god, there is. I hope it's not there. That's a 90min commute ;-(
    I am 190

I am 190

Dear god. Why did you choose that region?!

Does anyone know when these panels are due to expire??

Anybody get called for interview today?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭newstarts

I got called today for interview august 5th in dublin for kerry region....has anyone else gotten called, im 120 for kerry and was told ages ago they had gotten to between 80 and 90 so am just wondering what are the chancing of being offered a position from this or will it be panel bound until new campaign gets to this stage....

Does anyone know when these panels are due to expire??

Anybody get called for interview today?

newstarts wrote: »
    I got called today for interview august 5th in dublin for kerry region....has anyone else gotten called, im 120 for kerry and was told ages ago they had gotten to between 80 and 90 so am just wondering what are the chancing of being offered a position from this or will it be panel bound until new campaign gets to this stage....

Did it specify the region in your message? I also got called but it didn't specify the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭newstarts

Did it specify the region in your message? I also got called but it didn't specify the region.[/quote

It just said Kerry Region but all interviews for Kerry being done in Dublin as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Did it specify the region in your message? I also got called but it didn't specify the region.

Did you reply to them about the Dublin area? Did you only apply to the Laois/Offaly/Westmeath area?

Did you reply to them about the Dublin area? Did you only apply to the Laois/Offaly/Westmeath area?

Yes I said I would be interested in Dublin but I am also on the Galway panel and I know that I was extremely close to being called for that region.

I really hope that I get Galway instead of Dublin, I would be much happier commuting there. I know I haven't a hope of getting Westmeath at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlemrs

Anyone past 190 been offered a position in Sligo Leitrim Longford. Wonder if the panel is still moving or not?

Advertisement