Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Woodbrook80

Hi thinking il apply for this in few years at the moment I'm on maternity leave so no point
    But are these just full time positions or is there part time also at time of applications can u specify location

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Hi thinking il apply for this in few years at the moment I'm on maternity leave so no point
    But are these just full time positions or is there part time also at time of applications can u specify location

Applications are closed. Also, the turn around is very long, so applying when they were available wouldn't have interfered with maternity leave.

Well I'll be going to Dundalk it seems. That commute is going to suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

Hi just wondering can anyone confirm the starting salary? Is it still €20,859?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dakcork

sickofthis wrote: »
    Hi just wondering can anyone confirm the starting salary? Is it still €20,859?

it is €419.29 gross per week so about €21,800.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭newstarts

Just wondering if anyone can advise how the format of round 3 interviews go...any stand out questions or is it a general chat...also im assuming attire is smart dress yes..oh and do we need to bring copies of cv or will other form suffice...I actually cannot remember the names of all my college subjects will this look bad. Am emailing college in morning but dont know how quickly id get transcripts when my interview is this friday..thanks in advance for any guidance on interview process etc...its been 4years since ive worked outside of the home so bit apprehensive

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

newstarts wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can advise how the format of round 3 interviews go...any stand out questions or is it a general chat...also im assuming attire is smart dress yes..oh and do we need to bring copies of cv or will other form suffice...I actually cannot remember the names of all my college subjects will this look bad. Am emailing college in morning but dont know how quickly id get transcripts when my interview is this friday..thanks in advance for any guidance on interview process etc...its been 4years since ive worked outside of the home so bit apprehensive

They asked about working in a group/team where there was conflict and dealing with an awkward/irate client .Everything else was straight forward.
    Dress smart and relax. The thoughts of it is worse than the actual interview. Best of luck. Where are you interviewing for?

Busle wrote: »
    They asked about working in a group/team where there was conflict and dealing with an awkward/irate client .Everything else was straight forward.
    Dress smart and relax. The thoughts of it is worse than the actual interview. Best of luck. Where are you interviewing for?

Thanks so much..that seems ok..I deal with conflict every day..joys of under 6s lol...its fir kerry region

• Registered Users Posts: 39 k8coconut

I have interview Friday for CO 2014, just wondering what is format of interview , eg do they ask you to bring them through that supplementary applic form that we asked to bring 3 copies to interview. I guess the usual scenarios, strengths and weaknesses. How many on interview panel? Thanks a mil 😀

Can anyone advise gross wage for clerical officer..cant seem to find it online...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlemrs

Hi all, just got word that I passed interview. I wonder at this late stage of the panel, the fact that they've went to the trouble of interviewing you, is it a good indication that they expect to reach you on the panel or are there still loads of people on here who have passed interviewed but got no position?

littlemrs wrote: »
    Hi all, just got word that I passed interview. I wonder at this late stage of the panel, the fact that they've went to the trouble of interviewing you, is it a good indication that they expect to reach you on the panel or are there still loads of people on here who have passed interviewed but got no position?
    Many have passed. Whether you're offered a role will depend on your region of choice and your panel position which you should have been notified of.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭SunshineKid

littlemrs wrote: »

Hi littlemrs, what region was the interview for? Did you tell them you were interested in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Alexa Sticky Sorbet

Applied for a Cork position...did the second exam by mid july and haven't heard anything yet..is that normal, do they send back mail saying you'll be not going forward....Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

newstarts wrote:
    Can anyone advise gross wage for clerical officer..cant seem to find it online...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cathymacelwain

Hi guys, just been offered a job for clerical officer in the revenue in Dundalk. I only started a new job as a teller in a credit union a few days ago on s 12 month contract.

I'm trying to decide which would be better to go with!

Would anyone have any advice?

Hi guys, just been offered a job for clerical officer in the revenue in Dundalk. I only started a new job as a teller in a credit union a few days ago on s 12 month contract.

I'm trying to decide which would be better to go with!

Would anyone have any advice?

Permanent job with pension and great opportunities versus a 12 month contract? Do you really need to think about it? Is there a chance you'd be kept on in the credit union after the 12 months? Have you a long commute to Dundalk? These are questions only you can answer as we don't know your circumstances but I know which one I'd choose if it were me!!

It is an hour drive to Dundalk, 40 mins drive to the credit Union. The credit union is an extra €3,000 gross pay a year. However, they won't tell me if they will be keeping me on, the just keep saying "It depends on the needs of the business". Two people are on maternity leave at the minute in the credit union, which I wasn't aware of when I took the job.

Ideally, for the starting pay, I would want a job closer to home and can't apply for a transfer for 2 years with the revenue.

I wouldn't mind going the hour to Dundalk if I taught I could work my way up to better money with promotions.

Would anyone have an idea if the work in the revenue would be stressful?

Ideally, for the starting pay, I would want a job closer to home and can't apply for a transfer for 2 years with the revenue.

I wouldn't mind going the hour to Dundalk if I taught I could work my way up to better money with promotions.

I'm curious to know did PAS tell you that you couldn't apply for the transfer for 2 years? I wonder is that just with Revenue? I always thought you could apply for transfer after 12 months.

Also, don't forget to factor in the increments every 15 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Contract states 2 years for transfers. Revenue have an internal promotion competition next year plus you'll have flexi and increments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Two people are on maternity leave at the minute in the credit union, which I wasn't aware of when I took the job.

I taught I could work my way up to better money with promotions.

It is possible that the women on maternity leave may not return to work, but it is likely that they will as these are good jobs for them and your contract will not be renewed, so the CO job gives you more security and long-term prospects, even though there are short-term disadvantages for you.

I'm curious to know did PAS tell you that you couldn't apply for the transfer for 2 years? I wonder is that just with Revenue? I always thought you could apply for transfer after 12 months.

Also, don't forget to factor in the increments every 15 months or so.

I got a copy of the contract and it states it on that I can't apply to transfer for 2 years. So it could just be the revenue.

I'm undecided what to do, I have started in the credit union and I would feel terrible to leave so soon after starting my training.

I guess realistically a permanent job is always better than a temporary one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Pecker31

Hi guys, anyone know if the positions are filled, I applied and did the two exams but didn't hear anything back. It was for the Waterford area

Anyone else up from kerry tomorrow for interview

Anyone else up from kerry tomorrow for interview

Yes newstarts , I am on in pm tomorrow, best of luck

k8coconut wrote: »
    Yes newstarts , I am on in pm tomorrow, best of luck

Im in early afternoon..best of luck :)

I'm 4:15 good luck! Will tune in here next week 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Does one get paid less if you work for a local authority instead of a government department?

k8coconut wrote: »
    I'm 4:15 good luck! Will tune in here next week 😀

How did u do...dont think I did too well...felt I babbled a lot...oh I guess just wait n see....

• Advertisement

How did u do...dont think I did too well...felt I babbled a lot...oh I guess just wait n see....

Did you have a man and a woman interview you?

Advertisement