Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options
1283284285286287289»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭doc22

I was thinking about the HSE panel too, you're very lucky on both counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crowbella

doc22 wrote: »
    I was thinking about the HSE panel too, you're very lucky on both counts.

Extremely let's hope my refs and vetting are all OK 😨 but thanku good luck with yours too. .. are u on both 2014 and 2016 panels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Glen101

Got a phonecall too during week re position in Buncrana. Will be roughly an hour and a quarter drive away but as the 2014 panel is due to expire very soon, I feel I have to take.
    Await clearance now and then date to start.
    This has been a long drawn out process and as several of us have gone through the stages including trips to Dublin, I am very thankful that the panel has not expired on us! Wishing all others who have interviewed for 2014 panel, a position offer too.
    p.s anyone else who has been offered Buncrana and wants to carpool, get in touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭doc22

Glen101 wrote: »
    Got a phonecall too during week re position in Buncrana. Will be roughly an hour and a quarter drive away but as the 2014 panel is due to expire very soon, I feel I have to take.
    This has been a long drawn out process and as several of us have gone through the stages including trips to Dublin, I am very thankful that the panel has not expired on us! Wishing all others who have interviewed for 2014 panel, a position offer too.
    p.s anyone else who has been offered Buncrana and wants to carpool, get in touch!

What number are you? If you don't take it you won't get another offer I assume there's plenty that rejected buncrana due to distance that would have accepted the HSE post in donegal town but didn't get offered it:confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Where are you travelling from ?

• Advertisement

Congrats on your offer ... nearly 3 years and 2 trips to Dublin it's well deserved and I too am thankful that they didn't close the panel before now ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

Any idea when application are available to sign up

Larcoon wrote: »
    Any idea when application are available to sign up

It will be at least next year before a new competition starts up again as there is a 2016 competition running also.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 scamps

TheRoyce wrote: »
    just received a call to say that I probably wont get a placement as a civilian worker in the Garda due to an adult caution I received 2 years ago.

were you offered another department in civil service other then guards and justice as it's only an adult caution?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bailey25

Hey... Can someone who started working as a permanent clerical officer recently tell me what their pension deductions are showing up as on their payslip is there just one deduction etc and also does anyone know if the years you've worked as a temporary clerical officer count towards years of service? Thanks 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

Out of curiosity, how much of a pay cut would ye take from a similar post in the private sector to take a clerical officer post?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Guffy wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how much of a pay cut would ye take from a similar post in the private sector to take a clerical officer post?

https://www.forsa.ie/about-forsa/divisions/civil-service/civil-service-pay-scales/

Advertisement