Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

Yeah, these clerical positions were more of a desperate plight to get a job than anything else. Ive studied in a completely different area and completed a 9 month internship in that same area, but I haven't secured any consistent paid work yet.

Suppose we have to just keep trying and something will come along eventually! Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

SONIC2008 wrote: »
    Yeah, these clerical positions were more of a desperate plight to get a job than anything else. Ive studied in a completely different area and completed a 9 month internship in that same area, but I haven't secured any consistent paid work yet.

Well, if you do get a CO position, there'll be lots of merit in it, you'd pick up loads of soft skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Tarzana wrote: »
    Then, I landed a data entry position within two weeks of starting my search. Less than minimum wage but it was what I needed. !

Don't suppose you feel like sharing the company :D

Don't suppose you feel like sharing the company :D

Well, I'm still half in the data entry position so my competitive streak means I will have say no. You might show me up! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭butterly.john

I just rang the public appointments service to see when the results would be out, they said they should be out by the end of the month. Hopefully it will be sooner than that, but that is what they said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Family member(Cousin) got an invite for a test next week in Chapter House, they like me ticked the special needs box on their application has anyone else in this position heard anything yet for next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No i haven't yet. Maybe those who do are called for next week! What day did they get if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qwertyabcd

Family member(Cousin) got an invite for a test next week in Chapter House, they like me ticked the special needs box on their application has anyone else in this position heard anything yet for next week?

My sister also is in the special needs/disability category, she sent in her medical reports last month and as far as I know she hasn't heard anything yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

qwertyabcd wrote: »
    My sister also is in the special needs/disability category, she sent in her medical reports last month and as far as I know she hasn't heard anything yet.

Which competition?
    Just wondering- they don't normally ask for medical records early in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qwertyabcd

Which competition?
    Just wondering- they don't normally ask for medical records early in the process.

Clerical Officer, I don't know exactly what she sent in but she had to prove her disability existed.

• Advertisement

I sent my records in too, suppose we just play the waiting game we will all get to do the test at some stage I'm sure.

doovdela wrote: »
    No i haven't yet. Maybe those who do are called for next week! What day did they get if you don't mind me asking?

Wouldn't tell me tbh, just said next week.

I sent my records in too, suppose we just play the waiting game we will all get to do the test at some stage I'm sure.

I thought you did the online tests?

Tarzana wrote: »
    I thought you did the online tests?

I did do the online test, I think the fcuker is winding me up as no one else here has heard anything which is why I posted here to find out, that bastard only signed up because he heard me talking about it to my uncle, I hate my family sometimes, sorry for the wild goose chase folks.

I did do the online test, I think the fcuker is winding me up as no one else here has heard anything which is why I posted here to find out, that bastard only signed up because he heard me talking about it to my uncle, I hate my family sometimes, sorry for the wild goose chase folks.

So is this for supervised testing or is this just his first go?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Anyone think we will find out this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭eroc79

Anyone think we will find out this week?

Doubtful but would be so happy if we did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

The waiting is a killer!

Put it to the back of your mind, could be a while yet. Easier said than done, I realise. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭corny

So when do think we'll get the res.....only kidding:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭butterfly28

Has anyone heard any news yet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Has anyone heard any news yet?!

Nope, nothing yet

No not heard a thing yet.

I hope they don't prolong the process. I'm employed but can see that a lot of people on the thread are really depending on this. Better to know whether they've move on to the next stage sooner rather than later.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Unfortunately- its quite usual for the recruitment process to take several months- I wish it weren't so, but it is.

With the enormity of a competition such as this- it could very well be Oct/Nov or even later- before a panel is formally constituted, and once you're placed on the panel, then its a case of waiting to see if/whether they round to your number- even being on the panel is no guarantee.

This is not a fast process- it does take time.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Phantasos

I have a holiday planned since early in the year and I just know that, if I get through to the next stage, it'll be on that week.

I wish they'd keep us informed of the general expected timeline though.

Phantasos wrote: »
    I have a holiday planned since early in the year and I just know that, if I get through to the next stage, it'll be on that week.

I wish they'd keep us informed of the general expected timeline though.

I'm on holiday from the 2nd to the 9th of September. Wait til ya see. :D

Unfortunately- its quite usual for the recruitment process to take several months- I wish it weren't so, but it is.

With the enormity of a competition such as this- it could very well be Oct/Nov or even later- before a panel is formally constituted, and once you're placed on the panel, then its a case of waiting to see if/whether they round to your number- even being on the panel is no guarantee.

This is not a fast process- it does take time.

I would not be surprised. It took ages for me previously a few years ago. Applied in July, Interview August, successful in September, offered job in October, meeting in November, started job in December so it can be a long wait unfortunately!

Ya I am not free the first week of September hopefully won't happen then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I was recruited under the last Clerical Officer drive a few years ago. My aptitude test was in February, I was interviewed in July and started in September. I'd imagine this time around, with the sheer volume of applicants, it will take even longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭alphatango

I was recruited in the last recruitment drive in 2006. I was placed inside the top 300 on the panel and it was two years before i got the job!!! Be prepared to wait, nothing happens quickly in the civil service.

Advertisement