Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Most of those who took leave over the summer are coming back the week after next- and PAS is the same as elsewhere- only a very limited of those on extended leave receive replacements. Aka- from the week after next- things should start to move......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

yenom wrote: »
    There's a disabled person working with me in the Civil Service, she was telling me that her friends were after being called up this weekend.

I marked myself as having a disability, but Asperger's Syndrome, not a physical disability. (Mostly not) I did get a call before the tests and asked if I needed any special accommodations, I said I didn't think I did, although I actually did get them for exams in College (a separate exam room) so maybe I should have. I suppose that's why I didn't get called/rejected with them yet.

Occono wrote: »
    I suppose that's why I didn't get called/rejected with them yet.

The process is fully open- no-one will be rejected from the process on the basis of a disability. It is possible that there may be clarification sought from the CMO (chief medical officer) as to whether or not a candidate is suitable for employment on health grounds (I've been forwarded to the CMO personally twice). Providing the CMO is satisfied that you are unlikely to breach sick-leave regulations- your candidature would go forward (still no guarantee you'd get the job- but you'd be on a level playing field with all the other candidates)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

yenom wrote: »
    There's a disabled person working with me in the Civil Service, she was telling me that her friends were after being called up this weekend.

Oh right I was just wondering that if they got a call to say to do the test. Are they doing the test this coming week?

Would mean the other candidates be called up soon so.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Occono wrote: »
    I marked myself as having a disability, but Asperger's Syndrome, not a physical disability. (Mostly not) I did get a call before the tests and asked if I needed any special accommodations, I said I didn't think I did, although I actually did get them for exams in College (a separate exam room) so maybe I should have. I suppose that's why I didn't get called/rejected with them yet.

Same circumstances myself(AS) with a few more thrown in, I haven't heard anything neither.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭liv1892

What does the next stage involve does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

liv1892 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the next stage is an invitation to sit another more aptitude style tests in a large capacity venue. It's a written test.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

I know it's the wrong thread for this question but just in case someone on here would know: can anyone see a chance of the prison service or gardai starting recruitment campaigns again any time soon, I know the Garda Campaign is still in progress but wondering if they have any intentions of doing another.

I think this campaign includes the prison service roles and garda recruitment is on going I could be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I know it's the wrong thread for this question but just in case someone on here would know: can anyone see a chance of the prison service or gardai starting recruitment campaigns again any time soon, I know the Garda Campaign is still in progress but wondering if they have any intentions of doing another.

The current Garda campaign covers until 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

This competition is not for Prison Officers. The panel may be used to fill clerical posts within the Prison Service but not actual Prison Officer positions.

I know it isn't but thought the competition mentioned that roles might be filled for CO's in that area of work.

doovdela wrote: »
    I know it isn't but thought the competition mentioned that roles might be filled for CO's in that area of work.

It did.
    Strangely- Prison Officers are civil servants.

liv1892 wrote: »

A cohort of those who did the online tests- who achieve a satisfactory result (perhaps the top 10-15% of candidates) will be called for formal testing in the PAS offices on Abbey Street. They have a large computer room there- where candidates will do similar tests again- but supervised by invigilators.

Anyone whose marks at the supervised test vary by more than a set percentage- is dropped- the cohort of the others are qualified into the next stage - interviews.......

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

doovdela wrote: »

Yes as I said in my original post clerical posts within the Prison Service may be filled from this competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭butterly.john

Hi
    I rang the public appointments yesterday, they said the results would be out before the end of the week, just logged in and mine still are not there, so I suppose it will be tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭eroc79

Beginning to think they've forgotten about us. ;)

eroc79 wrote: »
    Beginning to think they've forgotten about us. ;)

Yes I was beginning to think the same, they must have had a load of staff on leave for the summer and were delaying the results as they didn't have the staff back to deal with those who get to the 2nd stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 piafe

The results have just been issued to someone I know. They were in the first batch of people to sit the exams. Im guessing everyone else will hear pretty soon.

Did they pass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 piafe

No, bad news unfortunately. I can see a lot of people being very disappointed, myself included.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

I wish they'd do these things on a Monday instead of ruining my weekend with the inevitable rejection email :-(

Sorry to hear that. Seems to be what they do. They send the bad news ones first going by a previous competition I was part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

eroc79 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Seems to be what they do. They send the bad news ones first going by a previous competition I was part of.

Very interesting ... so no news may indeed mean good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭butterfly28

Just got my results there and didn't make the qualifying score in just one of the tests but can't honestly say that I'm disappointed because they expect you to jump through hoops to get a job that more than likely won't entail work that was as tough as those aptitude tests. The government can kiss my ass and I'll never work for them again. It's nice to know that I sat a test that made me feel completely incompetent and I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than do a supervised one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

Really just want my results now. As of 5pm tomorrow I shall be unemployed :( This would have eased the pain a little if its good news which I doubt. Pass or fail I really just want to know! Good luck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shazzer86

I checked emails, public job.ie and the Saville site. Nothing yet x how will we be contacted either way(good or bad) through which forum?

ruadh wrote: »
    Very interesting ... so no news may indeed mean good news!

Does the message go to your public jobs messages or to your actual email address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Just got bad news too. Only two points short on Part 2. Serves me right for doing it at 5am before going to work and not reading the instructions. Will be unemployed in 3 months' time.

Good luck to those who haven't received any communication yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Just got my results there and didn't make the qualifying score in just one of the tests but can't honestly say that I'm disappointed because they expect you to jump through hoops to get a job that more than likely won't entail work that was as tough as those aptitude tests. The government can kiss my ass and I'll never work for them again. It's nice to know that I sat a test that made me feel completely incompetent and I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than do a supervised one!!
    Have to agree with this. Those 'aptitude' tests were frankly embarrassing and imo will most definitely not correlate to ones ability to perform in the role.

Advertisement