Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

It's embarrassing, and unfair, and I'm sorry for those of you getting 'bad' news at the moment.

If it's any consolation, I'm a permanent CO (possibly old enough to be a granny to some of you), and my job doesn't exactly fill me with joy. My gut feeling is that you will be eventually glad that you 'missed out' this time - better things waiting for you.

Don't let the barstewards grind you down - as a friend of mine used to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Bit disappointed with my results though they weren't bad at all so close to having passed overall. I passed most of them and did the best in the error checking one. I knew I didn't do great in the numerical but figured I did enough to just pass that one and pass verbal. How wrong I was there thinking I be resitting test. The results don't really add up I think they were marked unfairly. 20/160 for max I got a way higher than that for questionnaire. 37/80 was quiet high to meet the requirements that's half the marks! Fair enough for the error/numerical but the verbal should have been less. I thought if you did well in the error one you get some leeway for the others if close to the mark which I was for one of them missed by a few marks gutted. Understandable you had to pass each test but there should have been an overall limit too for all tests if you got a good overall score they should let you resit the test again at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dani27

Do the result get emailed to you? Nothing yet not sure if that's good or bad!

I got a text and logged into public jobs account to view message. I checked my email didn't get anything often ends up in the spam folder but no didn't get it yet probably come through yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

doovdela wrote: »
    The results don't really add up I think they were marked unfairly. 20/160 for max I got a way higher than that for questionnaire. 37/80 was quiet high to meet the requirements that's half the marks! Fair enough for the error/numerical but the verbal should have been less. I thought if you did well in the error one you get some leeway for the others if close to the mark which I was for one of them missed by a few marks gutted. Understandable you had to pass each test but there should have been an overall limit too for all tests if you got a good overall score they should let you resit the test again at least.

This approach would have helped me too. I was a good bit over the qualifying mark for all but one category, and was only 2 points under in that one.

It wasn't meant to be!

• Advertisement

Suppose I took it for granted I sit the supervised test.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

Got through to next stage. Delighted but very surprised. Commiserations to anyone who didn't get through, it really was a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Malarkey101

Got through for the Dublin region I wonder if u hear separately for the other regions you applied for.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

Got through for the Dublin region I wonder if u hear separately for the other regions you applied for.

Hey what way were you notified? E-mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shazzer86

Was it via text or email?

• Advertisement

Just got my email there too. Passed through to the second round!! Don't want to get too excited just yet though but that's good news on a Thursday afternoon!!

I just logged into publicjobs.ie and the e-mail was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I haven't heard either way... the waiting is tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I got called for the 2nd stage also. I wonder how many are still in the competition?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

lolli wrote: »
    I haven't heard either way... the waiting is tough!

Me neither. Some good and also some bad news on this thread best of luck to all still waiting and commiserations to those who didn't make it

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Yes. Got placed for next stage for Dublin Region. I'd probably rather not go to Dublin though tis better than nothing. Did anyone get placed for other regions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I got Dublin too. Was hoping I'd be offered somewhere in Limerick/Clare area though.

My mail said this "

I am pleased to inform you that you have reached a standard at Stage 1 which puts you among those candidates placed up to and including 887 for the Dublin region who will shortly be invited to Stage 2."

So does that mean theres 887 people from the Dublin region gone through? Wonder how many jobs there is of those 887.

I got Dublin too. Was hoping I'd be offered somewhere in Limerick/Clare area though.
    Did you even apply for dublin? Or is everyone being invited to dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

I was in the limerick region and haven't heard a squeak yet..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭butterly.john

I got called for the 2nd stage also. I wonder how many are still in the competition?

I also got through to stage 2, absolutely delighted. I get the Dublin region, Westmeath/ Longford was my 1st choice, still delighted though, a steady job would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

Lost out by one lousy pointed gutted to say the least.

Idrive wrote: »
    I was in the limerick region and haven't heard a squeak yet..

I am the same. I didn't put dublin down on my form at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sebbplatter

Qualified for Stage 2, did better than I thought, says I'm placed 697 whatever that means for the dublin region for the next round.

In the meantime have been offered a job I applied for a few weeks back so looks like I won't be going for stage 2 anyway!

As someone else said above, jumping through hoops and doing ridiculous tests to 'qualify' for some mundane clerical job for basically minimum wage. Not trying to patronise, I would have been glad to have gotten it and good luck to everyone else but it's such a needlessly drawn out entry system.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Malarkey101

AshF22 wrote: »
    Hey what way were you notified? E-mail?

Text and it was on my public jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bec123

Also qualified. Get in!

Question... when they tell you what position you placed at, does that mean you score was the XX best out of the 887 that qualified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

piafe wrote: »
    They were in the first batch of people to sit the exams.

Is that how they're doing it? Haven't heard a peep here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

shazzer86 wrote: »
    I am the same. I didn't put dublin down on my form at all.

I've gone for the western regions myself. Sligo/Leitrim/Longford my first choice.
    I wonder will it be done by region with acceptance/rejections?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Bec123 wrote: »
    Also qualified. Get in!

Question... when they tell you what position you placed at, does that mean you score was the XX best out of the 887 that qualified?

Yes I would assume that's what it means. I came 44th out of the 887 that got through in Dublin so happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

So far, it seems that it's just people who put Dublin down as an option who are hearing news. I just applied for Galway/Clare. I wonder how they are working through the list?

Advertisement