Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shazzer86

Necrominus wrote: »
    I've gone for the western regions myself. Sligo/Leitrim/Longford my first choice.
    I wonder will it be done by region with acceptance/rejections?
    I was thinking that. Going by the approx 900ppl they said for dublin that would be 3% approx that applied in total.I hope its by regions. Fingers crossed, toes crossed,

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bec123

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Yes I would assume that's what it means. I came 44th out of the 887 that got through in Dublin so happy with that.

Thought so. My placing was 32nd out of the 887. Very surprised but very happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I didn't pick Dublin I picked three other regions instead. Will choose differently next time...

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I was way above the 'qualifying score' for each section, yet was placed fairly close to the end of the 887, wonder what that is about?

You didn't get through? :O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

the higher you score in the online aptitude test the more pressure there is to replicate or better that score in the supervised one.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

I was way above the 'qualifying score' for each section, yet was placed fairly close to the end of the 887, wonder what that is about?

I don't think that's what they mean by "Your Place".. I imagine it more so you were the say 550th applicant processed and not where you came in results. If that was the case give number 1 the job now sure. Im sure all will be revealed in time though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 frk

Bec123 wrote: »
    Thought so. My placing was 32nd out of the 887. Very surprised but very happy with that.

What total score did you get do you mind me asking?

frk wrote: »

My total score was 296 and my place is 527 if that helps.

Ya see they have to cut off people after the supervised test as well. I wouldn't have minded been cut off after that, I wouldn't have expected to get to interview stage but gutted that not more get to sit supervised test.

• Advertisement

AshF22 wrote: »

Mine was 290 and I was placed 696 so seems to reflect the aptitude scores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

ruadh wrote: »
    So far, it seems that it's just people who put Dublin down as an option who are hearing news.

I put down Dublin and haven't heard a thing. Dang. :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

doovdela wrote: »
    Ya see they have to cut off people after the supervised test as well. I wouldn't have minded been cut off after that, I wouldn't have expected to get to interview stage but gutted that not more get to sit supervised test.

if it turns out that the cut score (to make the supervised test) was artificially high (due to cheating/people sitting tests for others etc..), then those who missed out on the supervised test have every right to be annoyed as they were chasing a falsly high standard.

Theres definately a flaw in the process but one they are happy to take it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

It looks like they are going to do Dublin (where most of the jobs are likely to be) first and then work their way through the other options later. I'd say it could be a while before they get through it all. I didn't apply for Dublin plus I'm sure I failed the Maths so I won't be holding my breath.

Congrats to those who have passed. To those who failed let me just say you might not have even liked the job anyway. Even though it would have been nice to have been able to judge that for yourself. I'd say with the economy picking up a lot of the younger applicants who get in may move on within the year. Just my opinion as a former Civil Servant. It's not for everyone. Of course if you are desperate for a job (like me!) it's a different story..

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Phantasos

Total score was just a couple of points above yours and my place was about 130 higher than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Tarzana wrote: »
    I put down Dublin and haven't heard a thing. Dang. :-/

Same here. Still, we should know by tonight...tomorrow at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Malarkey101

You are ranked against the other applicants. So first you have to reach the qualifying standard and then you are ranked against everyone else who reached the standard so say u got 80% and 5 people got 81% you would be 6th behind them.

Mine was 290 and I was placed 696 so seems to reflect the aptitude scores

Your probably right. Doesn't seem right though to tell someone they came 887th out of 887, but they you probably are right.

Phantasos wrote: »
    Total score was just a couple of points above yours and my place was about 130 higher than you.

Maybe we are being ranked in accordance from best results to worst of the people who passed. Seems like an unfair thing to do but id love to meet whoever came first lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bec123

324... doesn't seem too much higher than those who placed much lower. Seems strange but I don't really understand how the scoring system works. It could just be in order of application processing also as someone suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Divisadero wrote: »
    It looks like they are going to do Dublin (where most of the jobs are likely to be) first and then work their way through the other options later. I'd say it could be a while before they get through it all. QUOTE]

Ugh, you're probably right. I'll stop refreshing my email now :-)

My total score probably wasn't enough to get me through either yet did well in the majority of the tests. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Phantasos

Maybe we are being ranked in accordance from best results to worst of the people who passed. Seems like an unfair thing to do but id love to meet whoever came first lol

Yeah it's definitely based on your total points score, although judging by the posts on here there's not a huge variation in scores. But yeah, curious to see what the first person scored in the tests!!

Number 32, enlighten us!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Just got work I passed.... I put down Dublin Cork Kerry , however my place is just over the 1000 mark, not great but I still passed stage one so hopefully at some stage ill get called to stage 2 so quiet happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Through to second stage in Limerick.
    Score 301 and placed 92

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

I put down for Limerick and Clare only and I missed out by one point did well everywhere else scored 36 in numerical and needed 37 to qualify good luck to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qwertyabcd

got through to the next round, anyone know when the supervised tests will be? applying for the Cork region

Bec123 wrote: »
    324... doesn't seem too much higher than those who placed much lower. Seems strange but I don't really understand how the scoring system works. It could just be in order of application processing also as someone suggested.

You scored 324 and placed 32
    AshF22 scored 296 and placed 527
    I scored 290 and placed 696

A pattern emerging? Anyway congrats to those who got through, commiserations to those who missed out there doesn't seem to have been much room for error considering the large number that applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Did anybody's message actually say you are through to stage 2 and will recieve date or

did it say "Should vacancies arise in your chosen region and your place reached, we will contact you in relation to proceeding to Stage 2 of the selection process i.e. supervised tests."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

whoo passed too for Dublin, i really thought i had messed up the numerical (i had a calculator meltdown and had to do the sums in my head):pac:

Advertisement