Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

never mind i read the FAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

I just noticed that ive been chosen for Cork when i put down Limerick as my first choice.
    No Limerick jobs perhaps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Malarkey101

Just heard from galway region through that higher than dub

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Place 328 for Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tod1577

I got 927 for clare/galway region. Is that 927 ranked for that region or is it an overall score for the whole country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Malarkey101

Just heard from galway region through that higher than dub

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

tod1577 wrote: »
    I got 927 for clare/galway region. Is that 927 ranked for that region or is it an overall score for the whole country.

Just that region, your rank may vary from region to region but score stays the same

• Registered Users Posts: 12 frk

tod1577 wrote: »

What was your total score?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Weird that they seem to have called more people for some of the regions than for Dublin, thought it would be the other way around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

how does this measure up?
    Have a chance of getting the supervised?
    (I'm Cork by the way)

ZT1J2sg.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

<quote>Q. Is there a different standard required for the different regions, e.g. could I pass for one region and fail in another?

No. The qualifying standard is the same across all regions. A candidate who reaches the qualifying standard for one region will qualify in all their region choice(s). However, as noted above, the placing achieved by a candidate will differ across their selected region(s), depending on the number of other candidates qualifying in the particular region. </quote>

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Q. Is there a different standard required for the different regions, e.g. could I pass for one region and fail in another?

No. The qualifying standard is the same across all regions. A candidate who reaches the qualifying standard for one region will qualify in all their region choice(s). However, as noted above, the placing achieved by a candidate will differ across their selected region(s), depending on the number of other candidates qualifying in the particular region.

Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shazzer86

I got in 1000 in galway/clare. Passed anyway x so happy about that x but looks like I will have to "wait to be called"

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Turns out I got through after all for Cork. I also got the should vacancies arise message. I'm guessing that will be the case outside Dublin in that they don't know at this stage what if any vacancies they have so there will be no supervised tests until/if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

I'm also in the Galway/Clare region, scored 288 and placed 272.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cocaholic

Got no email but after seeing these posts went to check my messages on public jobs. Had Cork, Limerick and Dublin down - got result for Cork. Placed in the 800s. Sounds low enough. Don't know if that means I have got through to the Dublin and Limerick round.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

I'm through. I can't believe it. Placed 254 in Galway. Now for the supervised test *scared*

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

I haven't got an email or anything on my message board, does that mean I'm out?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

I'm in the same boat no e-mail or message on publicjobs.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Seems Cork is full of thickos!

People have gotten higher than my total sxore of 292 in other regions and placed in the 800s.
    I'm placed 128 in Cork.
    I suppose it's ot bad out of how many thousand people went for it but I was disappoited in my verbal score as I thought that was my best test. Only got 52/37

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

dropzone wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat no e-mail or message on publicjobs.ie

Not a peep here either - Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aoiferahmana

Got an email today, about an hour ago. Results are out! I got through to next round - supervised tests

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I'm just after getting a text. I got through to the next round. Delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cocaholic

Idrive wrote: »
    Through to second stage in Limerick.
    Score 301 and placed 92

Haven't heard about Limerick :(, got 249 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cakewheels

Hello. I got through to the next round for Cork, placed 53.
    However, I don't really want Cork any more (I had put it down back in June as other half at the time was applying for a job there). I remember we selected three regions and I also put down Sligo and Galway I think. However, the results page only mentions a rank for Cork? I don't remember if we gave the regions order of preference, I thought it was just all three, but does anyone know if we can get offered anything in any of the other regions now or only one? I had been under the impression before that we could be on a panel for all three regions and wait and see what offers came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Your place is: 189 Kerry
    Your place is: 410 Cork

not good.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Might as well go with the flow and share my overall score of 283. Did anyone outside Dublin get told that they would shortly be invited to the supervised aptitude tests? Or did they get the if vacancies arise message? I guessing the latter but it might depend on the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

I got this:

Your Total Score: 262

Your place is: 857
    Based on these results, you have reached the qualifying standard at Stage 1. Should vacancies arise in your chosen region and your place reached, we will contact you in relation to proceeding to Stage 2 of the selection process i.e. supervised tests.

Does that mean I won't be doing the supervised tests with people already placed?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Bec123 wrote: »
    324... doesn't seem too much higher than those who placed much lower. Seems strange but I don't really understand how the scoring system works. It could just be in order of application processing also as someone suggested.

I got 326 and was 18th in Dublin so there's probably not much between the scores of those who made the cut. You probably have to score a good bit over the pass marks overall to get through I'd say (but miss the pass mark on one and you're gone!).

Am I right in thinking that these scores are out the window if you get through to the interviews and only the interview performance determines whether you get a job or not? I wasn't expecting to be told my score or placing tbh, I thought it would just be "you got through" or "you're out".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

lolli wrote: »
    I'm just after getting a text. I got through to the next round. Delighted!!

Does that mean you got through, or just asks you to log on?

Advertisement