Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shazzer86

irishfeen wrote: »
    Your place is: 189 Kerry
    Your place is: 410 Cork

not good.. :o
    It gave you both?

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Does that mean you got through, or just asks you to log on?

The text tells you that you have a message, like in the previous rounds. The message on publicjobs tells you if you got through.

Yet to hear anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Ciaran wrote: »
    The text tells you that you have a message, like in the previous rounds. The message on publicjobs tells you if you got through.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I got a Kerry 134 and Cork 294. But the message "should vacancies arise".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

shazzer86 wrote: »
    It gave you both?
    Well ya in two separate emails..

• Advertisement

But the message "should vacancies arise".
    It didn't say that on mine. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

It didn't say that on mine. :confused:

Interesting. What was said on yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tod1577

Just got a 2nd message on pj about other region.log on to check if you qualifed in your other choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cakewheels

tod1577 wrote: »
    Just got a 2nd message on pj about other region.log on to check if you qualifed in your other choices.

Did anyone who did qualify in one region get a message about not qualifying in another? Or do we just have to assume that if we didn't get a message from any other that we did not qualify in the others?
    Did anyone get any messages at all re Sligo yet? I know that some others have already got messages about Galway so I'm guessing that might not be looking good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

loughgill wrote: »
    Did anyone get any messages at all re Sligo yet?.

I put down for Cavan/Monaghan/Sligo/Mayo/Roscommon.

I only received notifications for Cavan/Monaghan and Mayo/Roscommon.

Haven't heard anything about Sligo yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Haven't heard anything yet, did anyone get a message telling you were unsuccessful?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

AshF22 wrote: »
    My mail said this "

I am pleased to inform you that you have reached a standard at Stage 1 which puts you among those candidates placed up to and including 887 for the Dublin region who will shortly be invited to Stage 2."

So does that mean theres 887 people from the Dublin region gone through? Wonder how many jobs there is of those 887.

Yeah and I'm number 343! I presume at the next stage they whittle us down further and then it's on to interviews so I wouldn't put much store in the numbers at the moment.

I also got placed 92 for Cork but they said they'll let me know if my place is reached; so I don't get to sit a supervised test for Cork. They much have a much lower number of potential jobs available there.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

I got 326 and was 18th in Dublin so there's probably not much between the scores of those who made the cut. You probably have to score a good bit over the pass marks overall to get through I'd say (but miss the pass mark on one and you're gone!).

Yep, I got 303 and I'm 295th in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Phantasos wrote: »
    Total score was just a couple of points above yours and my place was about 130 higher than you.

Same with me. I got 301 points and was place around 342nd. Just shows how many people were applying for the Dublin region.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

still waiting for mail, did anyone who thought they did bad on numerical get through (please say yes someone)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Haven't heard anything yet, did anyone get a message telling you were unsuccessful?

I think doovdela did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

still waiting for mail, did anyone who thought they did bad on numerical get through (please say yes someone)!

I assume we won't get one after 5pm? Hopefully tomorrow so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 opia1970

My total score is 281 and I have been placed 413. Can someone explain this? Is this for one region or overall?

I got 66 on the numerical testing (qualifying mark was 37) and thought I did very badly due to the time given.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Passed with 270, not too shabby! Placed 301 in my areas and waiting to see if positions arise so not holding out too much hope but a pass is a pass!

• Advertisement

opia1970 wrote: »
    My total score is 281 and I have been placed 413. Can someone explain this? Is this for one region or overall?

It should be for the region you selected when you applied. Does the message not state it? Mine does.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

loughgill wrote: »
    Did anyone who did qualify in one region get a message about not qualifying in another? Or do we just have to assume that if we didn't get a message from any other that we did not qualify in the others?
    Did anyone get any messages at all re Sligo yet? I know that some others have already got messages about Galway so I'm guessing that might not be looking good for me.

I got news re sligo number 446
    243 in Donegal and still waiting to hear re Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wiseup42

Just got my results. Total Score 254. Don't know what it means but will be called for supervised test if any vacancy arises in my area??

Thanks Pawnee, still a thread of hope for me so!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 opia1970

It should be for the region you selected when you applied. Does the message not state it? Mine does.

Yes just noticed that once I had posted this. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I would think regardless of where we placed we should all get an email of our score, I'm going to log off now as I am freaking out, congrats to all you passed.

thanks Pawnee still a thread of hope for me so!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Yes Techno. I did. My overall score was 283. Not great from what I can see. But I'm still in.

Once again did anyone for oustside Dublin get the you will soon be invited to the supervised aptitude tests message or just the when vacancies arise message? This is important!!

Interesting. What was said on yours?
    I am pleased to inform you that you have reached a standard at Stage 1 which puts you among those candidates placed up to and including 887 for the Dublin region who will shortly be invited to Stage 2.

As previously outlined in the Information Booklet, Stage 2 will comprise supervised tests, i.e. a Verbal Interpretation test, Numerical Interpretation test and a Checking Information test.

You will shortly receive details of your allocated test date and time to your publicjobs Message Board. It is expected that tests will commence by mid September. If you have not heard from us by Thursday 4th September please email clerical2014@publicjobs.ie

Additional information is available in the Frequently Asked Questions document.

Further information regarding Stage 2 can be found in the link below.

Maybe it's different for the Dublin region?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok just realised I had to look at areas:
    Placed 301 for Donegal,
    507 for Mayo/Roscommon
    and 646 for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford....
    Not sure what the cut off for any of them are

Advertisement