Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

OK, I've now gotten the 3 emails in (last one just came so they are still sending them - probably automated)

Total Score: 301
    Dublin Region: Placed 343 - called to Stage 2
    Cork Region: Placed 92 - we'll get in touch if your place is reached and call you to Stage 2
    Meath/Louth: Placed 81 - we'll get in touch if your place is reached and call you to Stage 2

I presume if you don't get called to Stage 2 now it's very unlikely that you will in the future unless everyone else drops out.

It's really a numbers game - Dublin and other urban centres have more jobs so higher numbers of people will be called.

On the plus side this rankings are just a way of selecting people for the supervised tests. Then we'll be selected based on those for sending in a CV. Then they select based on that for interview. I've done this before so will be surprised if it doesn't follow along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I got 66 on the numerical testing (qualifying mark was 37) and thought I did very badly due to the time given.

cheers Pawnee, still have a thread of hope so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Scored 252 and placed in the early 800's in my area, yah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

My score is very low but apparently I'm through.

Total score: 217

My place:
    Longford/Leitrim/Sligo 1714
    Donegal 812
    Mayo/Roscommon 1312

I wont hold my breath:-):-).

Someone asked did anyone get through who thought they did bad on the maths. I thought I was gone. I got 47 on the maths if that's any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Wonder if notification does by when you did the test? I did mine about two hours before the deadline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭francozola

Should I receive 3 emails for the three different areas I selected?

I picked three but only realised the message I received is for one of the areas I choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wiseup42

Just thinking about all the people who applied with the 'help' of a friend online -- the supervised tests will knock that one on the head!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Did anyone get a call to stage 2 outside of Dublin ?

francozola wrote: »
    Should I receive 3 emails for the three different areas I selected?

I picked three but only realised the message I received is for one of the areas I choose.

Yeah you will but there was a gap of 3 hours between my first and last email

3fullback wrote: »
    Did anyone get a call to stage 2 outside of Dublin ?

I think somebody back the thread said they did for Cork and Limerick alright.

I'd imagine the jobs in most counties are in the low teens or even under 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭francozola

Meathlass wrote: »
    Yeah you will but there was a gap of 3 hours between my first and last email

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Meathlass wrote: »
    I think somebody back the thread said they did for Cork and Limerick alright.

I'd imagine the jobs in most counties are in the low teens or even under 10.

I saw that but I would like to clarify if they actually were invited or just got the when vacancies arise message.

OK, that's enough checking and refreshing for one evening! :) Hopefully we'll get word tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Got 256, placed in the 700s for Cork. Not a hope will I be called. All the best to everyone else.

On the homepage, for y'all waiting:
    Clerical Campaign 2014
    Results of Stage 1 are currently issuing to candidates’ Messageboards. Due to the volume being issued,
    it may take a number of hours for all messages to be delivered. We appreciate your patience during this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Passmark after the slash. For Louth and Meath. I obviously failed Dublin ?

Questionnaire: 110 / 20

Verbal: 47/37

Numerical: 43/37

Error: 59/37

Total score: 259

Place: 700 .....732 for Wicklow / Kildare

Won't be holding my breath. Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

Nothing here yet...

Questionnaire: 110 / 20

Verbal: 47/37

Numerical: 43/37

Error: 59/37

Total score: 259

I don't understand this at all. 110 out of 20. Buh? Oh, is it right to wrong? Like 110 right, 20 wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Tarzana wrote: »
    I don't understand this at all. 110 out of 20. Buh? Oh, is it right to wrong? Like 110 right, 20 wrong?

20 is the pass mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 green and yellow

I seem to be in top 20 in Donegal but it's a 'should vacancies arise' message I got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

DoctorDre wrote:
    Nothing here yet...

Same here Dre, but they tend to leave the best to last...

Just checked my message board got word at 18:22 was begining to think I would not hear anything. Passed stage one but am placed 1315 for the Kildare/Wicklow area. I also applied to Waterford and possibly Dublin. Will I hear back about these?

So there is still plenty of time for people to hear their results even later on today

Just checked my message board got word at 18:22 was begining to think I would not hear anything. Passed stage one but am placed 1315 for the Kildare/Wicklow area. I also applied to Waterford and possibly Dublin. Will I hear back about these?

So there is still plenty of time for people to hear their results even later on today

Well, they're clearly saving the best til last. I obvs came first in Dublin, OBVS.

:pac::pac::pac:

OMG, just a thought, imagine actually being the person that comes first in your region? You'd be all 'Fúck yea'. :pac:

Well, they're clearly saving the best til last. I obvs came first in Dublin, OBVS.

:pac::pac::pac:

OMG, just a thought, imagine actually being the person that comes first in your region? You'd be all 'Fúck yea'. :pac:

Let us know if you hear word

Placed 1100, so still just a reserve, like the TCO. Meh. 887 was the cut off.
    Online Questionnaire
    Your Score 92 Qualifying Score 20

Verbal Comprehension
    Your Score 60 Qualifying Score 37

Numerical Comprehension
    Your Score 71 Qualifying Score 37

Error Checking
    Your Score 59 Qualifying Score 37

Your Total Score: 282

Your place: 1100

Placed 1100, so still just a reserve, like the TCO. Meh. 887 was the cut off.

Which region had you applied for?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KevoS2009

score 274. 472th place in wicklow/kildare and 1618th in dublin.

Which region had you applied for?

Dublin.

KevoS2009 wrote: »
    score 274. 472th place in wicklow/kildare and 1618th in dublin.

How do you know about your ranking in more than one area? Did you receive more than one message?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KevoS2009

How do you know about your ranking in more than one area? Did you receive more than one message?

ye got two separate messages for them

Advertisement