Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

KevoS2009 wrote: »
    ye got two separate messages for them

Thanks :) Hopefully il get another message although its been nearly half an hour.... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

223rd in Dublin. Now to repeat the whole thing again in Stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

How do you know about your ranking in more than one area? Did you receive more than one message?

I've had two messages. One for Louth. The other Wicklow. The one I actually want (Dublin) has yet to show. Given its the most popular choice, I'll be further down the rankings there - probably way past the 1000 mark.

Edit: 2690 in Dublin. Cutoff is 887. So I failed it in all but name (barring an Ebola outbreak:D). All the best to the people who are into the next round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Tarzana wrote: »
    Placed 1100, so still just a reserve, like the TCO. Meh. 887 was the cut off.

The questionnaire is what let me down badly again like the TCO comp, did well in the others, esp numerical. :(

I've had two messages. One for Louth. The other Wicklow. The one I actually want (Dublin) has yet to show. Given its the most popular choice, I'll be further down the rankings there - probably way past the 1000 mark.

And how long between your messages do you mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

And how long between your messages do you mind me asking?

About 10 minutes between the first two. Another hour for Dublin to report in.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Has anyone heard about Westmeath? Got my emails about my other 2 choices

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

So lads and ladies what exactly is going to happen for us in the next stage after qualifying for Stage 2? ...

BTW anyone hear anything from (I think) Limerick/Tipp?

About 10 minutes between the first two. Another hour for Dublin to report in.

Thanks :) Heard back from the dublin region will definitely not be hearing another word ranked well down! Just waiting on waterford now

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Got through :) ...but outside the 887 :( ...so all in all I feel :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

So could it just mean that they are doing two batches of supervised tests? First 887 people and then everyone else after that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Got through for Dublin, Louth/Meath and Kildare/Wicklow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I'm 40-50 over the cut off in dublin, and in the low 200 for Kildare/Wicklow so realistically won't be onto the second stage till next year. Hopefully the panel is open for two years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I got in the 400s for Cork and the 1800s for Dublin. I'm working as a TCO in a government department at the moment. Some of the other TCOs I work with didn't make the cut off. It's a bit of a mad process. Some of the TCOs I work with that didn't get through are excellent at their jobs and out perform the permanent COs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 UnluckyInLuck

"Based on these results, you have reached the qualifying standard at Stage 1.  Should vacancies arise in your chosen region and your place reached, we will contact you in relation to proceeding to Stage 2 of the selection process i.e. supervised tests."

So am I waiting on positions to open up before I do the supervised test?!

I got in the 400s for Cork and the 1800s for Dublin. I'm working as a TCO in a government department at the moment. Some of the other TCOs I work with didn't make the cut off. It's a bit of a mad process. Some of the TCOs I work with that didn't get through are excellent at their jobs and out perform the permanent COs.

It is a bit mad! Im going back to do a one year honours degree this year and am ranked in the 4000s for Dublin and 1300 and something for kildare/Wicklow so I doubt I'll hear anything but would love to be placed on a panel. Heres hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shazzer86

irishfeen wrote: »
    So lads and ladies what exactly is going to happen for us in the next stage after qualifying for Stage 2? ...

BTW anyone hear anything from (I think) Limerick/Tipp?

I applied for limerick/tipp n clare/galway. Heard clare/galway but not Limerick/Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I placed 4 in Cavan/Monaghan what are my chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

Did it say should a vacancy arise or are u straight through to 2nd round? I'd be fairly confident the jobs urs !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Score 251 for Dublin, in early 3000s, haven't a chance, good luck to all an here below the threshold :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Gickyk wrote: »
    Did it say should a vacancy arise or are u straight through to 2nd round? I'd be fairly confident the jobs urs !! :D
    It's a should vacanices arise one. I'm hoping someone might have heard a whisper of something going in the area.

Placed 93rd in Longford/Westmeath/Sligo - total score 305 got email should vacancy arise.

It's a should vacanices arise one. I'm hoping someone might have heard a whisper of something going in the area.

Seams all outside Dublin got same email. Shouldn't b a long wait until u hear something from them... Congrats !!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tarzana wrote: »
    The questionnaire is what let me down badly again like the TCO comp, did well in the others, esp numerical. :(

Numerical doesn't count though- aka- once you pass the qualifying mark- its discarded, and you score is made up of the results of the other tests. Its an equal opportunities measure- as historically guys were more likely to have done honors maths in school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

"Based on these results, you have reached the qualifying standard at Stage 1.  Should vacancies arise in your chosen region and your place reached, we will contact you in relation to proceeding to Stage 2 of the selection process i.e. supervised tests."

So am I waiting on positions to open up before I do the supervised test?!

this is what i want to know aswell, is this the stock response?

i got the same message, placed 500 in wicklow and 600 in Mayo. i'm guessing thats too far down the list to be in with a chance.

I thought everyone who passed this test would then do the supervised test not just when a vacancy arise.

If anyone offered a job on the back of the online aptitude test then its quite unfair, whats to say it wasn't sat by someone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

yes but surely you will have to do the unsupervised test aswell no?

Did it say you'd be contacted when a vacancy arises in relation to stage 2 (supervised test) or just say you'd be contacted when a vacancy arises full stop?

price690 wrote: »
    this is what i want to know aswell, is this the stock response?

i got the same message, placed 500 in wicklow and 600 in Mayo. i'm guessing thats too far down the list to be in with a chance.

I thought everyone who passed this test would then do the supervised test not just when a vacancy arise.

If anyone offered a job on the back of the online aptitude test then its quite unfair, whats to say it wasn't sat by someone else?

Stage 2 is the supervised test.
    Stage 3 is the interview.

No-one will be offered a post on the basis of the online aptitude test.

price690 wrote: »
    yes but surely you will have to do the unsupervised test aswell no?

Did it say you'd be contacted when a vacancy arises in relation to stage 2 (supervised test) or just say you'd be contacted when a vacancy arises full stop?

Stage 2- supervised- if your mark diverges from your online mark by more than a set percentage (whatever percentage they decide on), regardless of how you did in either test- you're discarded. Its a check mechanism to try catch out anyone who cheated on the online tests.

Also- if you got 4th in the online- it brings you to Stage 2- where you have a clean slate- the person who got 800th in stage 1- could theoretically get 10th in Stage 2- and even this only determines the order you're interviewed in- where you'll be marked again..........

Well done for doing as well as you did- its got you to the next stage- its a series of stepping stones.........

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Numerical doesn't count though- aka- once you pass the qualifying mark- its discarded, and you score is made up of the results of the other tests. Its an equal opportunities measure- as historically guys were more likely to have done honors maths in school.

That seems a bit silly, there was nothing in the test that required honours maths from what I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

My mark includes the numerical result so don't think it is discarded

Advertisement