Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Still nothing here. Hope they're being sent out alphabetically and it doesn't mean bad news. Anyone with a surename beginning y or later get mailed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Biddy_61

Extra info on the results in the ' Frequently Asked Questions document' of your results message.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shelly33

Still waiting.... Anyone get results in the last while?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Alakel

Can anyone please tell me what this means.. Basically am I finished or not? This is for Mayo....

Online Questionnaire
    Your Score 96 Qualifying Score 20

Verbal Comprehension
    Your Score 58 Qualifying Score 37

Numerical Comprehension
    Your Score 43 Qualifying Score 37

Error Checking
    Your Score 52 Qualifying Score 37

Your Total Score: 249

Your place is: 930
    Based on these results, you have reached the qualifying standard at Stage 1. Should vacancies arise in your chosen region and your place reached, we will contact you in relation to proceeding to Stage 2 of the selection process i.e. supervised tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

I said from the very start that cheaters would stop some of us from getting through to the supervised tests before they could be stopped. Anyway I scored 283 so I guess I would have missed the cut if I had applied for Dublin and am placed in the 270's for Cork. I am awaiting my other choices but if it's anything like the provincial panel I was on before I haven't a hope. It hardly moved at all. This time might be a little better due to decentralisation but number 270 something. I think not. Still it might be for the best...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Alakel wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me what this means.. Basically am I finished or not? This is for Mayo....

Put it this way- are there likely to be hundreds and hundreds of posts in Mayo (even allowing for the Enda factor)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Glyni wrote: »
    My mark includes the numerical result so don't think it is discarded

every mark on this thread includes the numerical
    are you sure that its true for this campaign ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Passed whoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

Tigger wrote: »
    every mark on this thread includes the numerical
    are you sure that its true for this campaign ?

From the FAQ booklet

Candidates were required to reach the qualifying standard on each test in order for their overall score and placing to be calculated. Scores from all four tests were added together to determine the total from which your placing, relative to others, was derived.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shelly33

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Passed whoop.

Congrats... What time did you receive the message?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

887 in Dublin. Are there 887 jobs at present or they looking to whittle this number down further?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

i placed 1400 for galway not a chance of anything i presume?

got 4175 for dublin lol

Glyni wrote: »
    From the FAQ booklet

Candidates were required to reach the qualifying standard on each test in order for their overall score and placing to be calculated. Scores from all four tests were added together to determine the total from which your placing, relative to others, was derived.

Thanks for that- looks like the CPSU got their way at long last. The CPSU has been petitioning to have this practice ended for at least the last 15 years........

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭francozola

Still haven't received my next two messages for Clare/Galway And Limerick. Wish I would.
    Placed 50 in Kerry. Scored 300.

Still nothing here. Hope they're being sent out alphabetically and it doesn't mean bad news. Anyone with a surename beginning y or later get mailed yet?

I doubt it means bad news although I doubt its going alphabetically either as mine is third in the alphabet and I only heard a while ago. Yet to hear back from waterford however :/

corny wrote: »
    887 in Dublin. Are there 887 jobs at present or they looking to whittle this number down further?

There are no specific jobs at present.
    They are recruiting to a panel.
    You will (if you get through all the stages of the competition) be assigned a position on the panel.
    As vacancies are sanctioned by the Department of Finance- candidates are called to fill them, according to their position on the final panel.
    Even if there are 400 people on the final panel (which there probably won't be)- its no guarantee that all 400 will get posts- the panel itself is time delineated- and has a termination date- aka regardless of how many people are placed- another competition will be called in 12 or 18 months time (or however long they decide the life of the panel to be), and anyone who has not been offered a position- regardless of whether they make the final panel or not- will have to reapply all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

corny wrote: »

887 is just a cutoff point. It probably has more to do with how many people they can fit into a room(s) on any given day than any other factor. And yes, whittle down further to interview stage would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cocaholic

smyths wrote: »
    i placed 1400 for galway not a chance of anything i presume?

got 4175 for dublin lol

Do you mind me asking what your score was? Haven't got my placement result for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Nothing here. I have a graduation ceremony tomorrow, bit distracted, do I need to check the website later or will it email me?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Occono wrote: »
    Nothing here. I have a graduation ceremony tomorrow, bit distracted, do I need to check the website later or will it email me?

If you got a text or email to tell you that you had a message at publicjobs at previous stages, it should be the same this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Shelly33 wrote: »
    Congrats... What time did you receive the message?

7:20

cocaholic wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what your score was? Haven't got my placement result for Dublin

A score of 259 gets you place 2690:rolleyes: in Dublin. You'd need to be in or around 290 - 300 to be optimistic up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

cocaholic wrote: »

total score for dublin 237

• Registered Users Posts: 38 maj206

i scored 221 placed 1293 for mayo/roscommon, not really sure what that means or how much of a chance i have for my region? just amazed that i passed at all :)

I expected to fail this thing. I passed:eek:. So what if someone else is going to be glued to the 1890 line in Revenue losing the will to live. I'm off to the offie. A bottle of vino and a lie-in in my unemployed little bed in the morning.

There's always the lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭shmeee

No email or message yet. Hated that test anyway and expecting the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

A score of 259 gets you place 2690:rolleyes: in Dublin. You'd need to be in or around 290 - 300 to be optimistic up here.

Mid 700s with 289, small margins, has to be down to the huge number of candidates.

gonzo.phd wrote: »
    Mid 700s with 289, small margins, has to be down to the huge number of candidates.

Yeah, we're looking at two or three guesses going either way to determine who is in with a realistic chance and who is out in the wilderness.
    Bring back the cattle-calls in the RDS. At least you could get off with someone after displaying how crap you were at exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

gonzo.phd wrote: »

I'm 396th with a score of 299 so over 300 people between us on only 10 marks shows just how tight the margin is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Filedo

Congrats to all those who have been successful and best of luck in the next round. Missed out by 3 marks in Numerical. So... its pass/fail really - disappointing for me, but for Saville Consulting, a good result.
    The process does select the highest achievers, and they will weed out further in the next process. Fair enough and I guess that is business.

Having worked as a TCO during the year I have observed the system. It is quite good - many people retiring and there will be vacancies in the coming years.

It does seem that if I had applied for many other regions I would have had a better chance, logistically, so to speak. Allllllll about maths......!!!

I am not 'gutted' ..., even though I do need a job. I worked as a TCO this summer, really nice colleagues, they can't do anything about the system either. We need to go along with it and see how it works out....

Advertisement