Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Aisinikins

Currently in a state of shock that I passed maths and that my error checking score was higher than my verbal comprehension. But placed in the early 600's in Mayo so it will be a long time til I'll be chosen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Placed in high 4,000s in Dublin, disappointed to say the least but life goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Diddlina

1800 in Dublin and 400 in Wicklow Kildare still waiting to hear from Westmeath Laois Offaly.

I honestly think the people who score high in those aptitude tests should be referred to Mensa.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

Still didn't get my results. After the mess I made of the maths they are probably expecting I don't have the ability to open my emails.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

In shock. Got through in Dublin! :D

egan2020 wrote: »
    Applied for the same as you and haven't heard anything either

Best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I honestly think the people who score high in those aptitude tests should be referred to Mensa.

Well, referred to someone professional anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tod1577

All this for 21k a year.ahh how life has changed.best of luck to everyone going foward.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Well, referred to someone professional anyway.

A low paying public service job perhaps. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 jobseekr1

Hi folks,
    I came mid 4000's in Dublin, I presume I can kiss my chances on this campaign goodbye?
    Does anyone have a notion as to roughly how many jobs there will be, and of those how many in Dublin? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sligo22

Has anyone heard about Galway/Clare yet??? I'm still waiting..... doesn't help i'm not very patient either :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

jobseekr1 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I came mid 4000's in Dublin, I presume I can kiss my chances on this campaign goodbye?
    Does anyone have a notion as to roughly how many jobs there will be, and of those how many in Dublin? Cheers

no idea but 800 from Dublin going through to the second round

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Given that many put down multiply areas and several of them placed high in Dublin which may or may not have been their first choice how will this impact things.

Thinly veiled clutching at straws post, might I add. ;)

jobseekr1 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

“Nobody knows anything...... Not one person in the entire motion picture civil service field knows for a certainty what's going to work. Every time out it's a guess and, if you're lucky, an educated one.”

William Goldman, Adventures in the Screen Trade

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

There are no specific jobs at present.
    They are recruiting to a panel.
    You will (if you get through all the stages of the competition) be assigned a position on the panel.
    As vacancies are sanctioned by the Department of Finance- candidates are called to fill them, according to their position on the final panel.
    Even if there are 400 people on the final panel (which there probably won't be)- its no guarantee that all 400 will get posts- the panel itself is time delineated- and has a termination date- aka regardless of how many people are placed- another competition will be called in 12 or 18 months time (or however long they decide the life of the panel to be), and anyone who has not been offered a position- regardless of whether they make the final panel or not- will have to reapply all over again.

Well, I bloody well hope they keep the panel open for longer - it's just not fair otherwise. And what harm, if they were to call some of the people on the panel in a couple of years' time, only to find that the candidates were no longer interested? Can't they run another competition then?

I (at the ripe old age of 33) did an exam in 1994, and wasn't called for the job until 1996. As far as I know people on 'my' panel were still being called for a year or more after I was.

Getting a bit fed up of all this formulaic business-like talk - don't they realise that they are dealing with human beings?

(and I say that as a parent of two - both of whom made the cut in Dublin (but typical - the one placed within the first 200 wouldn't be able to consider taking up a position for two years...the one in the 400s wants the job now!)
    I expected to fail this thing. I passed:eek:. So what if someone else is going to be glued to the 1890 line in Revenue losing the will to live. I'm off to the offie. A bottle of vino and a lie-in in my unemployed little bed in the morning.

There's always the lotto.

Glad you got a positive result. I started working on the 1890 line in Revenue last year (having been transferred from another section) and while there are moments when I find myself scribbling 'losing the will to live now' in my notepad, actually it's challenging but rewarding work. It's nice to be able to help people - particularly in these difficult times.

Glad you got a positive result. I started working on the 1890 line in Revenue last year (having been transferred from another section) and while there are moments when I find myself scribbling 'losing the will to live now' in my notepad, actually it's challenging but rewarding work. It's nice to be able to help people - particularly in these difficult times.

I worked in Rev before earlier this century (2001-2004) when the 1890 was starting out. According to the personnel file that I pulled under FOI it was the only thing I had an aptitude for. Yeah, on a dull to good day it can be interesting. Sometimes you even feel you've made a difference. On a bad day, it can drill into your head.
    When I scored low on the aptitude test, I console myself by remembering the worst of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dollhouse14

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dollhouse14

Got 556th place in Mayo/Roscommon not holding much hope

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

AshF22 wrote: »
    My total score was 296 and my place is 527 if that helps.

mine was 283 and placed 1042

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭kg703

Will everyone get a text or email do u think? I heard nothing :/

To answer my own question I didn't get an email or text but logged onto my account and I got through for dublin placed 50th :)

kg703 wrote: »
    To answer my own question I didn't get an email or text but logged onto my account and I got through for dublin placed 50th :)

Congratulations. In relation to that, all the pertinent information is on your messages at publicjobs.ie. Any emails or SMS will just direct you there anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

gonzo.phd wrote: »
    Mid 700s with 289, small margins, has to be down to the huge number of candidates.

Totally. I got 282 and am all the way down in 1100th position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

kg703 wrote: »

Wow, great placing! I'd love to know how you scored in everything.

Haha I thought I had done a terrible job, I knew I wouldn't get everything finished but it was so frustrating working out percentages in such a short time frame. I scored 320

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Your Total Score: 322
    Your place is: 38

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Diddlina

KevoS2009 wrote: »
    score 274. 472th place in wicklow/kildare and 1618th in dublin.

I got 271. 486th in Wicklow/Kildare and 1809th in Dublin. Just goes to show 3 points in the difference and it shaved 200 places off in Dublin.

Who was the genius that said numerical wouldn't be counted???

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mjayne

Still haven't heard Laois/Offaly/Westmeath :( going crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

nc19 wrote: »
    mine was 283 and placed 1042

Mine was also 283 and I also placed 1042? Were you Dublin??

Advertisement