Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MonGal

I scored 317, placed top 10 in Cavan/Monaghan. Well done to everyone who completed the tests, I think I speak for the majority of us when I say they were a real headf**k!

MonGal wrote: »
    I scored 317, placed top 10 in Cavan/Monaghan. Well done to everyone who completed the tests, I think I speak for the majority of us when I say they were a real headf**k!

Well done you. Fair play.

I cant help thinking that this whole process smells of PR bullsh*t on the Governments behalf.

When there is backlogs in sectors of the civil service or whatever they use it as a retort that they only recruit the best and brightest when in all honesty there are people well capable of doing a job in the civil service that mightn't even be good enough to pass this test. Its a load of bollocksology if you ask me.

Perhaps TD's or Councillors should take aptitudes in future before they are allowed run for election given all of the crazy batsh*t decisions they have made up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Phantasos

It's just a way to whittle down the numbers. In fairness, having worked there before in different departments, a well trained monkey could do a lot of the work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Louth/Meath was placed 138
    Cavan/Monaghan I was placed 63
    Dublin was placed 560

Have no clue what that means!

• Advertisement

The results of the Kilkenny/Carlow jury have arrived.

750th place.....Oh i'm knocking on that door :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lauras91

Just got results from Kilkenny/Carlow.. 73rd place, very happy with that! However, even happier that I got a new job offer this week, starting in a couple of weeks so I won't be going forward for the next stage in this.

Best of luck to everyone :)

lauras91 wrote: »
    Just got results from Kilkenny/Carlow.. 73rd place, very happy with that! However, even happier that I got a new job offer this week, starting in a couple of weeks so I won't be going forward for the next stage in this.

749th now.....Yes! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cos67

lauras91 wrote: »

That's great! i got placfed 130 in Carlow /Kilkenny so now just need to get rid of 128 more and I'm sorted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭francozola

109 for Clare/Galway
    50 for Kerry
    Waiting on Limerick now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 _taytothief

I placed 5th in Mayo, Roscommon. I'm delighted. Tbh I thought I was out since I hadn't heard anything until last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

For those of us that failed or ranked well down the list - there is an opening for Secretary General in the Dept. of Justice. Though its a crap job that involves being blamed for everything. Bit like being a premiership manager, you just hang around waiting to be fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 caegi

Been following this thread so I'll I'd add in my results too:

Total score: 305

Placed 45th for Donegal

Placed 93rd for Sligo/Leitrim

Wonder how many would get invited for tests in each region if jobs do come up, doesn't give any indication in the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sligo22

Just got my mail placed 168 for Galway/Clare, so not holding my breath... tho still considerably better than I thought I would rank considering how much i fecked up numerical! so thats some consolation I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

caegi wrote: »
    Been following this thread so I'll I'd add in my results too:

Total score: 305

Placed 45th for Donegal

Placed 93rd for Sligo/Leitrim

Wonder how many would get invited for tests in each region if jobs do come up, doesn't give any indication in the information.

So that's both of us placed 93rd for Leitrim/Sligo/Longford with same score 305 .... Wonder how many more are place 93rd along with us and so forth in front of us, seams there's a lot more than 92 people in front of us for this region.

Sligo22 wrote: »
    Just got my mail placed 168 for Galway/Clare, so not holding my breath... tho still considerably better than I thought I would rank considering how much i fecked up numerical! so thats some consolation I guess :)
    What did you score?

francozola wrote: »
    What did you score?

scored 295

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

Laois/Offaly/Westmeath just released, I'm lucky number 225...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Starry12

Hi. I placed 427 in Dublin and am through to the supervised tests.

Dunno what to think. Seems very far down the line but when we don't know how many positions are available, its hard to know where we stand.

Happy to be through, but head is wrecked. Really really want this job!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

I applied for offaly

Score :289

Position:200

Oh dear haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

Your Total Score: 284

Your place is: 118

For Kerry.
    Am very happy with that
    No result for Limerick yet.

Sligo22 wrote: »
    scored 295

I scored 300 and was placed 109. Amazing what a few points could do to your rank:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rolo29

Just heard from kilkenny /carlow passed but placed I'd say last, least we passed

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

I'm placed 150 in Donegal . Have no idea what that means re chances ... I'd say slim ???

Gickyk wrote: »
    So that's both of us placed 93rd for Leitrim/Sligo/Longford with same score 305 .... Wonder how many more are place 93rd along with us and so forth in front of us, seams there's a lot more than 92 people in front of us for this region.

Someone was saying earlier that it might work something like this:

Person A has 350 points. Placed no. 1

Person B has 320 points. Placed no. 2

Person C has 320 points. Placed no. 2

Person D has 320 points. Placed no. 2

Person E has 315 points. Placed no. 5

Don't know if that's actually the case, but that would work out okay for us if it is. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SaucySue

Congrats to all who qualified - happy enough with my results, got 324 and in top ten in my region, but error checking brought my overall score way down. I knew it would as I was way too slow at it and didn't get it all done and guessed half of those I did answer. At least other sections brought me up I guess. Like everyone else outside Dublin though it says :

Based on these results, you have reached the qualifying standard at Stage 1. Should vacancies arise in your chosen region and your place reached, we will contact you in relation to proceeding to Stage 2 of the selection process i.e. supervised tests.

In other words no idea when or if I will get to do supervised tests. I wonder will they say call top twenty or thirty in a region when a position arises in that area, get those candiates to do supervised tests and then interview, or how they will do it? Seems odd that they don't appear to be calling anyone from areas outside Dublin initially,which seems mad from a logistics point of view too in terms of setting up separate supervised tests when vacancies arise.

I guess we'll find out anyway, they might not even know themselves yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

I scored 306 and was placed 86th, so I wouldn't think so, I guess that just means that a lot of people got similar scores.

Edit. Oh and well done to everyone that got through, we all deserve effing jobs after that ordeal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

Hope that's right ! To be honest I'm only interested in Longford anyway as the time to commute to Leitrim/Sligo wouldn't be worth it for that money and who knows how long it would take for a transfer. Best of Luck going through our paths might cross somewhere down the line.

Hope that's right ! To be honest I'm only interested in Longford anyway as the time to commute to Leitrim/Sligo wouldn't be worth it for that money and who knows how long it would take for a transfer. Best of Luck going through our paths might cross somewhere down the line.

Thanks, and good luck you too!

• Advertisement

francozola wrote: »
    I scored 300 and was placed 109. Amazing what a few points could do to your rank:eek:

yea thats mad alright!! the mail just said I've met qualifying standard and they will contact if they decide to recruit in the area in regards to supervised tests- was it the same for you?

seems i did pretty well on verbal, then numerical was just okayish and the same for error checking- I knew i messed up numerical- just had a total panic with it. and error checking was just too much to get done in the time!!

Advertisement