Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sligo22

Any idea how many applied for galway/Clare region?? wud be interesting to know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭francozola

Came 130th in Limerick.

Same message as the previous two.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Got placed at 122 for limerick anyway.
    Better then a kick in the head I suppose :0)
    Best to luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Hi all just got my results for limerick/tipp region got 238 and placed 1567 & said I would be called for stage 2 should a vacancy arrise in my area!!!! I definately cant see myself being called being that far up the rank!!!! Best of luck to evryone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crowbella

AngelaG wrote: »
    I'm placed 150 in Donegal . Have no idea what that means re chances ... I'd say slim ???

Well done you :-) I placed 179 in Donegal wondering the same and also if there is any way of knowing how many actually applied or passed for Donegal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Finally just got results. Score of 239, 1635 place.

Well, back to looking fruitlessly for a job so I can afford to move out. My graduation ceremony was today. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Roisinbunny

So just got my results for Limerick -

Your total score: 276

Your place is: 548

Honestly, I feel so stupid. I got 520 points in my Leaving Cert, I have a degree and a professional qualification but those tests made me feel as thick as a ditch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

I thought a ranking would only come into place after the supervised test?

The higher the ranking you get after the online aptitude test the more likely it is you'll be called for the supervised test.

Basically the vast majority who passed the online test may never get to sit a supervised test at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

I thought a ranking would only come into place after the supervised test?

Well no, they need to reduce the numbers for the supervised test. But I see your point, why make the qualifying standard so low when most of the reserves, if not all the reserves, will never get a shot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Tarzana wrote: »
    Well no, they need to reduce the numbers for the supervised test. But I see your point, why make the qualifying standard so low when most of the reserves, if not all the reserves, will never get a shot?

Exactly. They are making extra work for themselves aswell if some of the higher ranking candidates have disproportionate results in the supervised test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Jillybean77

Hi i placed 234 in Waterford / Wexford Region, anybody know how many applied in this region or what the cut off point is. like am i 234 out of 300 or 3000 lol

Hi i placed 234 in Waterford / Wexford Region, anybody know how many applied in this region or what the cut off point is. like am i 234 out of 300 or 3000 lol

Id hope it would be out of 3000 because id be alright then :D but that would be severely clutching at straws.

Well down the list in Tipp/Limerick. Too embarrassed to even disclose :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jillybean77

tbh im not holding out much hope, the chances of there actually being jobs in waterford is pretty slim unless u ranked in the top ten and even then its prob one job lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭corny

What kind of scores in numerical, verbal and error checking did the people scoring above 300 get?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

I placed 293 in limerick/tipperary don't know if that is good or not well I'm not completely out I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dooey_01

72,72 & 72...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 gerdywerdy

Been following this thread for a bit and thought would post my score

got 307 and placed
    Sligo 79
    Roscommon 52

was quite happy as found the tests tough enough

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Got 307 and placed 87th Lim/tipp. My aunt got 283 and placed 394! Mad! Happy with my result. Hopefully a good few will be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

corny wrote: »
    What kind of scores in numerical, verbal and error checking did the people scoring above 300 get?

Low 70s in all 3. 72, 72 and 70 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 gerdywerdy

First Bit 106
    Numerical 71
    Verbal 72
    Error 58

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 wotaccent

Seems Cork is full of thickos!

People have gotten higher than my total sxore of 292 in other regions and placed in the 800s.
    I'm placed 128 in Cork.
    I suppose it's ot bad out of how many thousand people went for it but I was disappoited in my verbal score as I thought that was my best test. Only got 52/37

Hmm..I got 297 and also placed 128 in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Surprised I passed tbh!

Got a score of 285.
    Placed 180 in Carlow/Kilkenny ; 167 in Waterford/Wexford & 237 in Kildare/Wicklow.
    Not too bad, but won't be holding my breath waiting for a job offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Giz a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭varberg

scored well in first three but didnt get the pass in error checking and i thought i had done well in that. Back to other jobs to start the hunting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,681 ✭✭✭shmeee

Results finally came in and well down the rank in Limerick/Tipp, scored 245 and ranked 1,410.

Ranked 774 in Kilkenny/Carlow

Ah well, wasn't expecting much, that test was just ire!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sunnyshinedays

francozola wrote: »
    I scored 300 and was placed 109. Amazing what a few points could do to your rank:eek:

scored 301, placed at 99 in clare/galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Why do they tell you your exact ranking? It's annoying and unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Occono wrote: »
    Why do they tell you your exact ranking? It's annoying and unnecessary.

Transparency I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

If 50 people in the top 100 in Louth, also selected Dublin, then that 50 go on to the Dublin panel are they off the Louth panel and other move up it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

jaffusmax wrote: »
    If 50 people in the top 100 in Louth, also selected Dublin, then that 50 go on to the Dublin panel are they off the Louth panel and other move up it?

I'm not sure I understand your question completely but all panels run independently. You remain on a panel until you receive a job offer or until the panel expires (usually after 2 years or so). If you are offered a job in Dublin for example you must take that offer when it comes (you cannot defer) or you are removed from the panel. Then others will move up. Your place on the Louth panel will remain if you refuse the Dublin job.

I think people whose first preference is outside Dublin but chose Dublin as that's where most of the jobs usually are will face a dilemma. As if they receive an early offer it will most likely be for Dublin. At least in the first instance. We shall see...

Advertisement