Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Starry12

noonie1983 wrote: »
    Sorry do you mind me asking where the 887 came from or what message you got?

It was in the email that I received from public jobs

"I am pleased to inform you that you have reached a standard at Stage 1 which puts you among those candidates placed up to and including 887 for the Dublin region who will shortly be invited to Stage 2."

• Registered Users Posts: 8 noonie1983

Nikki2302 wrote: »
    It was in the email that I received from public jobs

"I am pleased to inform you that you have reached a standard at Stage 1 which puts you among those candidates placed up to and including 887 for the Dublin region who will shortly be invited to Stage 2."

Thanks :-) I thought I was going blind. I didn't apply for Dublin so hence no email. Best of luck hope the next test isn't as brutal as the last, my finals were not as stressful as that.

I didn't expect to get through at all. I've seen that some private colleges are offering courses on these apptitude tests!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

I'm backing out of this campaign to go back and study for another while.
    You're welcome anyone who placed 503 or worse in Clare/Galway. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 noonie1983

Nikki2302 wrote: »
    I didn't expect to get through at all. I've seen that some private colleges are offering courses on these apptitude tests!

I seen those courses being offered I don't think they would have helped. It wasn't like any other test I took, the numerical was ridiculous and I love maths but I found it hard. I scored 291 and was dissappointed but surprised I scored that high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭butterly.john

I had a look at the sample test for the next stage, they seem easier than the last test that we did, although the last tests were harder than the sample ones given for the 1st tests

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

Just wondering if anyone that got through to the next stage heard anything further yet. My message with my result said if I hadn't heard from them by the 4th to contact them. Was this the same for everyone?

gonzo.phd wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone that got through to the next stage heard anything further yet. My message with my result said if I hadn't heard from them by the 4th to contact them. Was this the same for everyone?

Yes it was the same for me, they will probably email us this evening or else tomorrow, if not we will all be contacting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shelly33

I had a look at the sample test for the next stage, they seem easier than the last test that we did, although the last tests were harder than the sample ones given for the 1st tests

john. (or indeed anyone else)

im wondering if u could send me the link for the samples for stage 2? I didnt apply for dublin. Im hoping to get called for another region and wouldnt mind a look at that sample.

thanks in advance

s

Shelly33 wrote: »

im wondering if u could send me the link for the samples for stage 2? I didnt apply for dublin. Im hoping to get called for another region and wouldnt mind a look at that sample.

thanks in advance

s
    The samples are in my public jobs inbox, I don't think its possible to give a link into that, sorry

• Advertisement

The samples are in my public jobs inbox, I don't think its possible to give a link into that, sorry

does the link bring u out onto a webpage? im wondering if u can copy and paste the links onto here?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

thanks in advance

s

I expect them to very similar to the last round of tests. The point is just to check that you didn't cheat on those as far as I know.

thanks ciaran,

john mentioned they looked easier.. so I was wondering if they were different..

anyway.. if anyone can share them here for those of us outside the pale that'd be great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

thanks ciaran,

john mentioned they looked easier.. so I was wondering if they were different..

anyway.. if anyone can share them here for those of us outside the pale that'd be great!!
    They are the ones on the publicjobs.ie website (advice centre tab, test advice->self assessment)
    Direct link here: http://www.quickstart360.co.uk/runtest.aspx

thanks a million sickle
    does this mean people will get a new position number based on results of stage 2?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

thanks a million sickle
    does this mean people will get a new position number based on results of stage 2?

Yes.
    Your current position number- is the results from Stage 1.
    They got you to Stage 2.
    Your stage 2 results- will give you an all new position number.

Just enquiring about the 887 figure does this mean 887 people from each region who qualified will do the stage two tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Raighne01

Just enquiring about the 887 figure does this mean 887 people from each region who qualified will do the stage two tests?

Dublin only.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paul 27

did any one else see that if you dont do well in stage two in Dublin you wont be in for a job in any other area

``It is important to note that if you do not qualify at Stage 2, you will receive no further consideration in this competition not only for the Dublin region but for any of your other selected region choice(s). Candidates are not permitted to sit Stage 2 tests more than once.``

paul 27 wrote: »
    did any one else see that if you dont do well in stage two in Dublin you wont be in for a job in any other area

``It is important to note that if you do not qualify at Stage 2, you will receive no further consideration in this competition not only for the Dublin region but for any of your other selected region choice(s). Candidates are not permitted to sit Stage 2 tests more than once.``

Makes sense as they're a standard test so the same in every area. If you don't pass in Dublin then you wont pass in Cork either.

• Advertisement

But say i do ok in dublin but not great should i have just waited for the stage 2 in the other areas where the scores seemed to be lower. have some thinking to do

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

paul 27 wrote: »
    But say i do ok in dublin but not great should i have just waited for the stage 2 in the other areas where the scores seemed to be lower. have some thinking to do

There isn't a different Stage 2 for each area- its the one stage 2- at the end of Stage 2- they compare the scores with the stage 1 scores and then place people' on the various panels.

There is not a different 'pass mark' for the different regions- its all the one- so if you fail- you've failed- and whether you have Cork down as your first choice- or Dublin- is wholly irrelevant- they are not viewed as separate competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 crsmith

To be honest I find this slightly confusing.
    Essentially, regardless of what location(s) you chose, if you didn't place 887th or higher in Dublin you're not in with a chance?
    I placed quite high in the locations I chose but Dublin was not one of my choices.
    I've not received any notification for proposed date of stage 2 call-ups, nor did I hear anything about cut-off points for placements.

Can anyone shed a little light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭eroc79

The first region to do stage 2 will be Dublin and then they'll get to the other regions. So If You passed enough in another region you will get your chance at stage 2.

its not a different pass mark i know but if i go to stage 2 in dublin where i am currently 133 and pass but say move down to 500 after that but if i did the same test in kildare where i am in the teens now i would still be in the top 50 with a score that = 500th in dublin

First of all of you dropped that far back you'd be eliminated because you would be outside the range they find acceptable from the first round. You placed well in other regions because of the number of people applying in those regions was much less than the Dublin region

Should also have said you won't get your palacement in the other regions until everyone in that region has completed stage 2 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

so has anyone heard back yet?
    You will shortly receive details of your allocated test date and time to your publicjobs Message Board. It is expected that tests will commence by mid September. If you have not heard from us by Thursday 4th September please email

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

sickle wrote: »
    so has anyone heard back yet?

Nothing yet for me, I emailed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dooey_01

Not heard anything either :/

Advertisement