Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dmcar02

Same as, haven't heard anything, I'll email, even just to touch base. IIRC the email said if we haven't heard anything by the 4th, get in touch?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭kg703

I've also emailed. Maybe it's a test to make sure you follow instructions :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭butterly.john

Looks like their web-site is due to go down shortly
    ''Due to Essential Maintenance, publicjobs.ie will be unavailable intermittently from 3.30pm to 4.30pm on
    Thursday 4th September, 2014. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.''
    It will probably be tomorrow before we hear if the site is going off line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dooey_01

Maybe something to do with the batch of test dates/times being sent out?
    I had awful trouble logging in around the time of the results emails

• Registered Users Posts: 49 keowny8

Is it possible to move up places if my scores are better at stage 2 or is it only possible to move up once the cheats are rooted out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭eroc79

keowny8 wrote: »
    Is it possible to move up places if my scores are better at stage 2 or is it only possible to move up once the cheats are rooted out?

Yes. You might do better than first time round and others might not do as well so you could move up while others fall lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

keowny8 wrote: »

Stage one is over everyone is back level now

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭niamhzie

kg703 wrote: »
    I've also emailed. Maybe it's a test to make sure you follow instructions :P

Did you get a reply yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 keowny8

Stage one is over everyone is back level now

I'll be happy if this is true? Although if I don't get in the quota who get to stage 2 I will be well pissed because I know quite a few whose scores are cheated....

Nope. No message no reply but I assume if nobody has heard yet they are still organising everything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dooey_01

message there now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

Got called for lunchtime next Friday!

CBGirl wrote: »
    Got called for lunchtime next Friday!

me too, might see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

CBgirl and Niamhzie, where did you's get called to do it? In LK social protection offices or where? :)

Have it now :) 2 weeks from now

venusdoom wrote: »
    CBgirl and Niamhzie, where did you's get called to do it? In LK social protection offices or where? :)

Chapter House- it's the commission's building on Abbey St

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

kg703 wrote: »
    Have it now :) 2 weeks from now

Me too. 8:45 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

Got called for mine 16th of this month early morning!! Fingers crossed all goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

oh feic that, ha! pity we weren't all called at same time to get a bus down. thanks anyway. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Got mine for the 17th 13.15

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Got mine for the 17th 13.15

Same!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Friday 12th at 8.45, nice early start for me so!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

has anyone been called for stage 2 for outside Dublin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭eroc79

budget1984 wrote: »
    has anyone been called for stage 2 for outside Dublin area?

Think it's just Dublin first and then it'll be the rest. I'm in for Cork and haven't heard anything since the results came out.

Is anyone who's working as a TCO & going for the test applying for interview leave?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is anyone who's working as a TCO & going for the test applying for interview leave?

Any staff member is entitled to apply for special unpaid leave to attend interviews. TCOs are not excluded from applying for special unpaid leave. There is no entitlement to paid leave to attend interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Any staff member is entitled to apply for special unpaid leave to attend interviews. TCOs are not excluded from applying for special unpaid leave. There is no entitlement to paid leave to attend interviews.

Er....I think we need to get real here! I can understand unpaid leave to attend an interview for 'somewhere else' - but when a Temporary Clerical Officer is asked to attend a test for a permanent CO job, there should be at least a half-day's 'grace' given to them.

Obviously if someone is working as a TCO in Mayo, and they're travelling to Dublin, a half-day won't cover their absence, but it'd be a nice gesture, I think.

And for anyone working as a TCO in the Dublin region - you'd think their bosses could organise to let them have a few hours off to go and do the test.

But....we shall see....:rolleyes:

In happier news - at least for some of you - someone in the top 200 in Dublin isn't going to do the test - family member is tied up for the next two years in further education now, so has decided not to proceed with their application.

Every little helps.:D

That's not what it says on people point. The unpaid entitlement seems to be in regards to interviews outside the civil service.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

That's not what it says on people point. The unpaid entitlement seems to be in regards to interviews outside the civil service.

Have a read of exactly what it says.
    The actual circular is on codpearsanra by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Thinking back on the personality test, I swear I did put deferring to the Boss as the top priority in the questions.

Can anyone who got a high score out of 160 out of that tell me how they remember answering the questions? I don't want to lose chances because of a test like that again.

Advertisement