Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

Meathlass wrote: »
    I think it was 21 mins for 18 questions. There was definitely 3 questions per scenario and 5 mutiple choice answers per question.

Thanks a mill!! Thats fairly tight for the more difficult questions but sure were all in the same boat! Anyone else doing theres tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mariosuarez

Numerical is 21 questions in 20 minutes. The same as the practice test. The number of questions and layout is the same as practice test for all sections.

Numerical is 21 questions in 20 minutes. The same as the practice test. The number of questions and layout is the same as practice test for all sections.

Oh right ok thanks! STRESSED! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

If you ring PAS- they can put you through to the staff who are administering the CO competition- who can take your name off the list (and offer it to another candidate).

I don't think they'll be offering the place to another person on the list. Maybe I'm wrong, but I reckon they'll consider the 'no-shows' to be just another method of reducing the numbers. It's not like they have 887 jobs to fill in the very near future, is it? If they don't get enough successful candidates from this round, they'll go to number 888 on the list and so on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

I don't think they'll be offering the place to another person on the list. Maybe I'm wrong, but I reckon they'll consider the 'no-shows' to be just another method of reducing the numbers. It's not like they have 887 jobs to fill in the very near future, is it? If they don't get enough successful candidates from this round, they'll go to number 888 on the list and so on.....

I'd say you're right. I imagine they've planned for a certain percentage of no-shows in the number of people they called for this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

I didn't make the supervised testing.....as I live in Toronto.... Applied thinking it would be next year when anything happened (I was advised this by an aunt who works there) Will my place on the Dublin panel be gone? What about my other two area I applied for ?

You should be gone from every region but they say changes can only be made in exceptional circumstances. They may think your circumstance is exceptional. Dublin stage 2 is nearly over so your definitely gone from there but they may put you back in other areas but I doubt it.

No harm in trying though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

You should be gone from every region but they say changes can only be made in exceptional circumstances. They may think your circumstance is exceptional. Dublin stage 2 is nearly over so your definitely gone from there but they may put you back in other areas but I doubt it.

No harm in trying though!

Well they say in their FAQ that if you fail the supervised testing in Dublin then you've failed it for all regions and will be taken off each panel. I'd imagine they treat a no-show as a fail. Sorry.

Well they say in their FAQ that if you fail the supervised testing in Dublin then you've failed it for all regions and will be taken off each panel. I'd imagine they treat a no-show as a fail. Sorry.

I agree. It says you can change it in exceptional circumstances but I'd assume one would need to inform them before the test was due to take place not after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Los Pollos Hermanos

Hey Guys, Are you allowed to bring a calculator into the exam? Doing this tomorrow

• Advertisement

Hey Guys, Are you allowed to bring a calculator into the exam? Doing this tomorrow

No you can't bring your own. They provide one, a pencil and a sheet of paper for calculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Los Pollos Hermanos

No you can't bring your own. They provide one, a pencil and a sheet of paper for calculations.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SarahKate11

Did anyone choose the option of the Irish language stream and did anyone get invited to submit Europass proficiency levels after being told their place in stage 1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 IKCL

Quick q, I wonder if anyone can help?
    If you make it all the way through in the Dublin region, can you still accept interviews for other regions you may have chosen?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

Didn't make it to the testing today due to being sick as a dog :( Really bad timing but I shall struggle on. Hopefully the EO recruitment will happen soon and I'll give that a go.

Good to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Starry12

Done and dusted, thank god! Can't say I enjoyed it, the numerical test was pretty difficult. Anybody else find that?

Nikki2302 wrote: »
    Done and dusted, thank god! Can't say I enjoyed it, the numerical test was pretty difficult. Anybody else find that?

I done mine this morning. I found it a bit less intense than the unsupervised test. I found the numerical ok but due to time pressure struggled with the last two scenarios! Its hard to know how ya done in an aptitude test because just because the number that came up on ur calculator was there doesnt necessarily mean its right! Overall I found it okay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

Did anyone choose the option of the Irish language stream and did anyone get invited to submit Europass proficiency levels after being told their place in stage 1 ?

Yeah, I had to submit them about 2weeks ago. Haven't heard anything back yet.

Lot of the CO posts in Dublin will be posted to the Airport. 24/7 Shift work but which you get a allowance for.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fangler

Lot of the CO posts in Dublin will be posted to the Airport. 24/7 Shift work but which you get a allowance for.
    I worked as a TCO in Dept of Justice this summer and a few people mentioned this alright

• Advertisement

fangler wrote: »
    I worked as a TCO in Dept of Justice this summer and a few people mentioned this alright

Ooh, that'd definitely suit me - shift work bonuses would be great too plus you'd avoid traffic.

Ooh, that'd definitely suit me - shift work bonuses would be great too plus you'd avoid traffic.

Yeah shifts are not too bad 7am - 330 330 - Mindnight and Midnight - 7

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fangler

Before you get too excited - COs at the airport have a massive turnover rate. Most seem to hate the work and return to their prevoius roles in the Department after a few weeks

fangler wrote: »
    Before you get too excited - COs at the airport have a massive turnover rate. Most seem to hate the work and return to their prevoius roles in the Department after a few weeks

What kind of work would COs do in the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

What kind of work would COs do in the airport?

Thats what I'm wondering too ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It looks like Garda Civilian are planning to replace Gardai on the immigration desks in the airports.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0916/644052-immigration/

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Starry12

Passport control. The Gardai are being replaced by civilian staff in the booths 24/7

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

There will be 10 times more posts in Peoplepoint in Clonskeagh- than there will be in the airport......... The first imperative is to place fulltime COs in locations which have an unusually large reliance on temporary staff- thereafter, its replacement on a needs reduced basis.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Nikki2302 wrote: »
    Passport control. The Gardai are being replaced by civilian staff in the booths 24/7

Social Welfare and Department of Agriculture also have staff at the airport and ferry ports. At some locations- these staff could vastly outnumber their colleagues in immigration control. Bizarrely, some of the posts are 9 to 5 (when 3 shifts are operated by immigration control)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Aglomerado wrote: »
    It looks like Garda Civilian are planning to replace Gardai on the immigration desks in the airports.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0916/644052-immigration/

Hardly be COs though ?

Advertisement