Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

treacyf3 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea how many people get through to the interview stage for Dublin? Just got my results!

No, heard nothing yet. Do they just say 'Yes' or 'No'!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Got result there.

Moved up from 625 to 393. I'm guessing this would be mainly on account of people not turning up etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Phantasos

Through to interviews as well. I wonder how the scores are figured out? Is it purely on answers, or does your time matter?

Anyone have any idea what Immigration Control is like as a job? Easy? Hard? Soul-destroying?
    Moved up from 625 to 393. I'm guessing this would be mainly on account of people not turning up etc.?

I moved up over 300 places, so maybe it is just drop-outs. Don't think I did much better in the tests than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

treacyf3 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea how many people get through to the interview stage for Dublin? Just got my results!

Delighted just got my results and through to round 3. Bad day just got better!

Phantasos wrote: »
    Through to interviews as well. I wonder how the scores are figured out? Is it purely on answers, or does your time matter?

Anyone have any idea what Immigration Control is like as a job? Easy? Hard? Soul-destroying?

I specificly asked that at the tests i.e. would the time you finished in be taken into account when compiling scores and was told no.

I don't know how they rank when people have equal scores though.

• Advertisement

Just got results. Moved from 334 to 216 and got invited to interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

Just got my reaults place number 44 will be contacted for interview shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

Top 20 moved up over 700 places, I better not screw up my interview now :eek:

gonzo.phd wrote: »

That must be the biggest turnaround for anyone!

gonzo.phd wrote: »

Wow, well done, that's fantastic!

I only moved up about 110 places but I scored badly in the error checking 78% when I got almost 100% in the online tests. Just goes to show what the pressure of a supervised environment and the 6am train trip up can do to you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

through to next round too, I actually went down a few places which surprised me!
    (I did very well on the 1st round questionnaire which i think bumped me up quite a bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

How is your final position on the panel determined? The results of round two combined with some sort of scoring from the interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Anyone here from Limerick called for stage 2 yet?

How is your final position on the panel determined? The results of round two combined with some sort of scoring from the interview?

I'm pretty sure that those that are called to interview are now all on a level playing field again and it's the interview which will determine our place on the panel. I don't think these Stage 2 results will come into it again.

The Conductor is usually on here and is very knowledge about the procedures so hopefully he'll/she'll know.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

That must be the biggest turnaround for anyone!

I was very unhappy with the online part, sort of panicked with error checking and didn't do as well as I'd have liked with the verbal. Was much happier with the supervised.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

I moved up 20 places to 78. Got full marks on numerical!!! But didn't do anywhere near as well as I thought on verbal.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭kg703

Jaysus I moved down 20 places boourns. Still in top 100 though well done everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭jimba

Moved from 1something to 2something.

Who cares....round 3 baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Starry12

Im placed at 411. Not happy with that number but it still got me through to the interview :)

Happy Friday everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I'm in Stage 3. Woohoo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Cyclonius

Moved up from place 204 to 74. Delighted. Hopefully there'll be a good few positions opening up in PeoplePoint and elsewhere, to sort us all out.

I'd also like to hear back about the regional positions; I placed 17 in Cavan and Monaghan in the 1st round. Rent is a lot cheaper down here, so that 22,000 a year would go a lot further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Does anyone know if your result in Stage 2 affects your chances in Stage 3?

Cyclonius wrote: »
    Moved up from place 204 to 74. Delighted. Hopefully there'll be a good few positions opening up in PeoplePoint and elsewhere, to sort us all out.

I'd also like to hear back about the regional positions; I placed 17 in Cavan and Monaghan in the 1st round. Rent is a lot cheaper down here, so that 22,000 a year would go a lot further.

Yeah, I'm personally hoping for the Galway region to go to the next stage. At least we'll have the sit-down assessment completed if that happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭butterly.john

I also got it, roll on the interviews

If there are 4-600 jobs and at least 411 have got interviews, probably more, can we be fairly positive that the interview process is mainly to select our position on the panel and weed out any totally unsuitable crazy types?

jimba wrote: »
    If there are 4-600 jobs and at least 411 have got interviews, probably more, can we be fairly positive that the interview process is mainly to select our position on the panel and weed out any totally unsuitable crazy types?

I hope so!

I suppose they have to check we're entitled to work in Ireland and presumably they need to know that everyone has computer skills. I find it weird that we haven't had to fill in an application form or send on a cv yet. Presumably we will before the interviews.

Probably overlooked something obvious in one of the emails, but where did you get this 4-600 figure? Is that for Dublin alone, or nationally?

Probably overlooked something obvious in one of the emails, but where did you get this 4-600 figure? Is that for Dublin alone, or nationally?

The media at the beginning of the campaign were quoting those figures.
    I would imagine nationally but Dublin would make up 80% of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 IKCL

Anyone have an idea of how many jobs are available in Dublin immediately?

Also, is it possible to move to a job in a different region if you accept a post in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

The media at the beginning of the campaign were quoting those figures.
    I would imagine nationally but Dublin would make up 80% of those.

That's very encouraging, I was expecting much fewer than that.

Advertisement