Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

dooey_01 wrote: »
    Very same....wasn't overly happy with mine either...thoughts of having to wait another few weeks :(

Same here, wasn't happy at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dooey_01

CBGirl wrote: »
    Same here, wasn't happy at all!

were u in at 10.30? bet we were talkin :p

were u in at 10.30? bet we were talkin :p

Ha, no I was in the 2.15 group. Interview only lasted 15 mins

Ha, no I was in the 2.15 group. Interview only lasted 15 mins 😩

ah right...jaysus u must a got lucky...15 mins sounds good

ah right...jaysus u must a got lucky...15 mins sounds good

Hmm....I thought it was a bad sign.

• Advertisement

Hmm....I thought it was a bad sign.

I'd say every interview panel is different, its all a guessin game from here on out sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

I'd say every interview panel is different, its all a guessin game from here on out sure...

Yeah mine was the full 30 and they had been a little late to call me in so may have run over on the previous interview. Really annoyed at myself cause had prepared so much but just went out of my head when I was in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

eek mine is in the morning, seeing you all felt it didn't go as good as you hoped isn't helping my nerves. I hope you all did well, better than you thought xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

Did interview. Was about 20 minutes, was fine. Go over the competency sheet and have examples, you'll be grand. There's no reason for anyone to be panicking. It's a fairly handy interview in comparison to some of the stuff I've endured over the years.

Also, Garda Vetting Form has to be filled in on the day. On that form you have to fill in the addresses and dates of everywhere you've lived... ever. So prepare a list on a piece of paper before you go in on the day, and make it easier on yourself when filling in that form.

Good luck to everyone!

donna35 wrote: »
    eek mine is in the morning, seeing you all felt it didn't go as good as you hoped isn't helping my nerves. I hope you all did well, better than you thought xxx

Know your competencies well & you'll do great. My interviewers were lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

As with everyone else, I'm not sure if I managed to hit every competency as well as I'd have liked, but hopefully I did. The interviewers were very pleasant and friendly, so there's nothing to worry about there. I was part of the 12.30pm group, and my interview ran for the half hour; they might have cut down later ones, length-wise, if they were having issues with time over-runs, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

In terms of advice, as others have said, try to know have examples of every competency in your head, and be able to talk about them. What I did was try to work in as much detail related to the competencies as I could in the section of the application form under each job that asks how the position has useful experience for the clerical officer role; that way, at least you have as much relevant info down on paper as possible, in case you forget to mention something in the interview itself, and it might also help focus the interview on the more relevant sections of your experience, which you can be extra prepared to speak about.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Thanks everyone for the advice!! It's very kind of you all!!

Had interview this morning at 10.30, it went much better than I'd been thinking and I think (I hope!) I did better at this interview than I did in recent ones. I was very very nervous though, and I'm sure it showed but I think I managed to answer with good examples for all the competencies. From what I can remember anyway lol it is all a blur now!

As said before - the focus is completely on the four competencies that are in the supplementary info given before the interview. Once you prepare examples which are valid to each then should be fine.Here's hoping anyway!

Just have to wait and wait and wait now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

I really appreciate people giving their feedback here - my interview is on Monday and yes, I'm nervous as hell, but having a better idea of what I'm going into, helps a huge amount - so thank you all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nukie1978

Focus, again, on the four competencies, with a couple of additional questions on the ICO role. Nothing too worrying, which will hopefully be reflected in the result when it comes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Catuohy89 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the advice!! It's very kind of you all!!

Seconded, it's very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Swaine55

I still havnt been allocated an interview time. Anyone else still in the same boat? il probably have to ring them tomorrow

Swaine55 wrote: »
    I still havnt been allocated an interview time. Anyone else still in the same boat? il probably have to ring them tomorrow

I'm pretty sure the first day of interviews was Friday just gone...wouldnt worry...where did u rank?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Swaine55

I was ~500th. Just someone had said previously that they would have given everyone their interview times by Friday just gone.

Swaine55 wrote: »
    I was ~500th. Just someone had said previously that they would have given everyone their interview times by Friday just gone.

Just read back there on some posts...someone said they would hear early next week for 500+...you'll prob have a message morrow/tues

• Advertisement

I would say you will get a message by Tuesday or Wednesday, they've interviewed up to about number 250-300 by my reckoning, they were interviewing all yesterday too.So I would imagine the next lot of messages will go out early this week to interview next week possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Are the interviews just for job positions in Dublin? Just wondering as I applied for Donegal and will be away the week after next.

Are all the interviews held in Dublin?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

ciaramc wrote: »
    Are the interviews just for job positions in Dublin? Just wondering as I applied for Donegal and will be away the week after next.

Are all the interviews held in Dublin?

Thanks.

Yes and no. The interviews are for the positions in Dublin, but, if you have down for more than one region, you only do one interview, so if you were down for Dublin and Donegal, the interview would do for both.

If it's just Donegal you've down for then it'll be later before you're interviewed; I rang the Public Appointment Service last week, and they told me that they're just concentrating on Dublin for the moment, as that's where the majority of the positions will be, and that funding isn't fully worked out yet/allocated for the positions outside of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭butterly.john

Hi,
    Are they still asking people to apply for the Airport positions or are they all gone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Well that was stressful! Thanks to everyone though. Couldn't have done it without you

shalalala wrote: »
    Well that was stressful! Thanks to everyone though. Couldn't have done it without you

have you had your interview then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

donna35 wrote: »
    have you had your interview then?

Yep. This morning

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

From what I can tell from previous posts they must be taking a break after today. 200s in today and low 300s on the 16th. Would be in keeping with the release of dates to people too. I guess they might need a couple of days to process the interview results up to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭butterly.john

If you don't mind me asking roughly what number were you in the supervised test

• Advertisement

Yep. This morning

How did you find it?

Advertisement