Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

I keep replaying the interview in my head! Really need to find out soon

Me too! The bits I can remember anyway lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15 IKCL

Meathlass wrote: »
    If we go by all the media reports and take as a best estimate 450 CO jobs then how many do people think will be placed outside Dublin?

I'd rather go with my non-Dublin choices so if I'm offered something in Dublin would I need to be in the Top 3 in my other regions to have any hope of getting a position there instead?

It's quite a gamble and a hard decision when we don't have all the information.

I have the exact same conundrum. Right now, I'm thinking I will accept Dublin if I'm lucky enough to be offered a position and attempt to move from there if the opportunity arises.
    Seems too risky to do otherwise. As you said, it seems impossible to get any gauge on the risk of turning down Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

IKCL wrote: »
    I have the exact same conundrum. Right now, I'm thinking I will accept Dublin if I'm lucky enough to be offered a position and attempt to move from there if the opportunity arises.
    Seems too risky to do otherwise. As you said, it seems impossible to get any gauge on the risk of turning down Dublin.

Glad I'm not the only one in this situation. It's really hard to know what to do. I suppose it's different in the sense that I'm not a Dublin native or living close enough to commute, so it's not a simple case of take-it-and-see. It would involve a big uproot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Phantasos wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one in this situation. It's really hard to know what to do. I suppose it's different in the sense that I'm not a Dublin native or living close enough to commute, so it's not a simple case of take-it-and-see. It would involve a big uproot!

Same as me. I'd have to move up closer to Dublin or more than likely commute.

Also I'm terrified of getting stuck in a low paid clerical job for years without any hope of promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭jimba

Well...if we don't hear tomorrow, it'll be another week of waiting.
    Be nice to know before the long weekend and have an excuse for pinting.
    C'mon PAS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 aoiferahmana

I sent them an email earlier this week to see if they could tell me when we would know. The reply I got was;
    'We hope to issue results to candidates within a fortnights time, when all interviews have been conducted, when all interviews have been conducted. There are a number of vacancies available immediately, with others that will arise over time.'
    I suppose it doesn't really tell us anything that we don't know already! Like you all, the wait is killing me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Well I got an unsuccessful email! Dont know if that is unsuccessful for the airport too or just the co

I reached the qualifying standard at interview.

If vacancies arise they'll contact me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dooey_01

well done! me too :) maybe we will be workin together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

Same, shocked I got through!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 O C 2007

Just got my mail to say I reached the qualifying standard at interview and they will be in touch soon!!!! best of luck everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

O C 2007 wrote: »
    Just got my mail to say I reached the qualifying standard at interview and they will be in touch soon!!!! best of luck everyone!!!

I qualified too, shocked!!!

Me too!! Wonder how long it will take for vacancies to arise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Me too!!! Delighted!!! I was so nervous opening the message!! Shame they didn't say my place on the panel after the interviews. Still delighted!!

Could be a long wait but at least I know I'm on there!! Have an interview for temporary admin work so I hope that keeps me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 IKCL

Phew! Reached the standard..
    Hard luck to anyone who didn't..

Still have no idea when/if my position will be reached (roughly around the 200 mark)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Me too, yay! Wish I had a better idea of if/when they'd be in touch, but I'll take the good news anyway :):)

Catuohy89 wrote: »
    Me too!!! Delighted!!! I was so nervous opening the message!! Shame they didn't say my place on the panel after the interviews. Still delighted!!

Could be a long wait but at least I know I'm on there!! Have an interview for temporary admin work so I hope that keeps me going.

You retain the same place as after the supervised tests. If you take into account people who were unsuccessful or dropped our you've probably moved up a handful of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Starry12

Woohoo!!! Happy long weekend peeps :)

I keep checking the email to make sure that I read it right and that I did actually get through!! Such a relief!! Fingers crossed now that something will come up soon - could be a very good Xmas this year!! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Whoo made it through too, hopefully they begin filling posts soon, would like to see how fast they appoint people & to get an idea of the numbers, I'm waaay down the rankings but am remaining hopeful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Starry12

sickle wrote: »
    Whoo made it through too, hopefully they begin filling posts soon, would like to see how fast they appoint people & to get an idea of the numbers, I'm waaay down the rankings but am remaining hopeful!

Me too sickle. Early 400s but I'm sure they'll find a spot for us ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I got through as well, delighted. I'm in the low 100's

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

Got through!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Got through. Also in low 100s

I also applied for airport job too. Wonder if that will come up soon?

Also, congats to everyone who got through. This has been a stressful few weeks post-interview

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

Got through. Wonder how long the next wait will be?

I'd prefer my choice of Kildare over Dublin, could be waiting a while for that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

Yay! Also got the happy news email!! Number 323 .. feeling positive even though im not particularly high up! I really think they chose to interview the top 600 because thats how many jobs there probably expecting but maybe im just being optimistic! Hopefully theres enough jobs for us all! I was in the social welfare in finglas on Tuesday and told one of that ladies I was waiting to hear back from this. Speaking just for her own social welfare office she said there very understaffed hopefully theres plenty more like that looking to take us off the panel :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Woohoo! Got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Nikki2302 wrote: »
    Me too sickle. Early 400s but I'm sure they'll find a spot for us ;)

They'd better, I'm low 400s too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Angelina Ballerina

I got through too.....mid 300's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭jimba

Me too. Pint time. :)

Advertisement