Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Nubbin wrote: »
    I didn't score too well in that category. Is there a TCO forum?

Yes, it's called the Temporary Clerical Office forum. It's on the second page of the Work and Jobs section

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

Just got a call from PAS to get permission to contact references. He couldn't give specifics but said there were a large no of jobs available immediately, altho no dates were specified as yet & they were looking to get all the forms sorted first & next I'd hear would be through the message board.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

CBGirl wrote: »
    Just got a call from PAS to get permission to contact references. He couldn't give specifics but said there were a large no of jobs available immediately, altho no dates were specified as yet & they were looking to get all the forms sorted first & next I'd hear would be through the message board.

That's great news, well done. Do you mind me asking what number you were?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dooey_01

Had a call this morning too...seemingly I didnt sign the back of the vetting form...doh!

Penguin100 wrote: »
    That's great news, well done. Do you mind me asking what number you were?

I was 77 and had also put in for the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nukie1978

Was it a private number, out of curiosity?

nukie1978 wrote: »
    Was it a private number, out of curiosity?

No, a 01 858 number

OK. Had a missed call yesterday, and I'm ahead of you on the panel, so I was getting worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

OK. Had a missed call yesterday, and I'm ahead of you on the panel, so I was getting worried!

I'm ahead also, but didn't get a call yet. I also put in for airport.

The way the interview results came out, it's hard to say if I passed the interview/competencies for the airport also.

Did you apply for the airport position?

• Advertisement

I'm ahead also, but didn't get a call yet. I also put in for airport.

The way the interview results came out, it's hard to say if I passed the interview/competencies for the airport also.

I was wondering that too. If you pass, does that mean you've passed both?

Did you apply for the airport position?

Yeah, applied for the airport also. They may be just randomly working their way through the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Cyclonius

Got the same call myself at around 1.30pm today. I'm number 74, but don't have in for the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 emcnamee

Top 10 for Dublin but no call. Also in for Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

emcnamee wrote: »
    Top 10 for Dublin but no call. Also in for Airport.

Yeah I'm a few places behind you but ahead of others that got a call and I have heard nothing yet either, applied for airport too, I guess they're just checking references etc. As far as I recall something said they would contact you prior to looking for a reference from your current employer only.

gonzo.phd wrote: »
    Yeah I'm a few places behind you but ahead of others that got a call and I have heard nothing yet either, applied for airport too, I guess they're just checking references etc. As far as I recall something said they would contact you prior to looking for a reference from your current employer only.

I don't have a current employer as I'm out of work for the past year. None of my referees have been contacted though.

I thought they would have contacted in order, given that the placements for jobs should be in order of how you are placed, which is quite odd.

Unless they are placing x amount of jobs and only contacting people up to a certain number.

gonzo.phd wrote: »

You could be right about that because they were asking about which from was my current employer but I finished as a TCO 3 weeks ago.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I thought they would have contacted in order, given that the placements for jobs should be in order of how you are placed, which is quite odd.

Unless they are placing x amount of jobs and only contacting people up to a certain number.

There are large blocks of staff already requested for specific locations (such as 46 COs for Peoplepoint in Clonskeagh- etc)....... So- in that instance- a run of 46 would be offered placements.

There are large blocks of staff already requested for specific locations (such as 46 COs for Peoplepoint in Clonskeagh- etc)....... So- in that instance- a run of 46 would be offered placements.

I thought they would have contacted places 1-46 first in that case though. I'm in top 10 and there's been lower places contacted. Maybe I'm just confusing myself :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I thought they would have contacted places 1-46 first in that case though. I'm in top 10 and there's been lower places contacted. Maybe I'm just confusing myself :confused:

If lower placed candidates have been contacted- ring them and ask- normally candidates are contacted strictly in their order of placement on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Could it be possible that people are being selected for different departments not going from number 1 first as such but say they need 46 for Peoplepoint, they could have selected these from the top ranked 100 for instance but selected differently based on particular skills or experience these people have which are ideal for there? And other higher ranked people may have been earmarked by another department who want their skills, and yet another group for the Airport etc etc? Just an idea x

If lower placed candidates have been contacted- ring them and ask- normally candidates are contacted strictly in their order of placement on the panel.

Not everyone requested DoJ airport jobs though, of which there are 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

If garda vetting has to be done maybe some have come back quicker than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aoiferahmana

I got a phone call today too and I was 119th going into interview. She said that I would get my assignment by email, and when I asked how soon she said 'these assignments are urgent'.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Starry12

Wow, seems to be moving very quickly. Gaining confidence that there's hope for us in the higher numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

I had to defer my interview, does anyone know when the second round of interviews take place?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

I got a phone call today too and I was 119th going into interview. She said that I would get my assignment by email, and when I asked how soon she said 'these assignments are urgent'.

Wow this makes me really hopeful, I placed as 194 so would be wonderful to get assigned soon. Especially with Christmas around the corner.

Of those who were contacted so far, how many of you applied for the airport also? I'm just trying to get a feel of what they are placing for at the moment.

I applied for the airport and am hoping I did the requirements for it in interview, but this is making me slightly nervous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 waster666

Can anybody tell me how long the probation period would be before these jobs become permanent?
    And if we get offered a job in a location that doesn't suit (I'm living in Meath so south Dublin would be too far to commute), can we say no thanks and still get offered other locations?

Advertisement