Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Even worse waiting outside Dublin. We've no idea when they're going to even start the supervised tests never mind the rest of the process!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

Glyni wrote: »
    What do you want to know?

We're still in training at the moment. All the staff are very friendly and really helpful.

It's a trap, the 70% unattendance figures slipped out and they're lulling us into a false sense of security!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westmeath11

donna35 wrote: »
    Good luck with interview - in case you missed it in previous pages, make sure you're well rehearsed on the competencies they sent in the email, that you have relevant examples of each from your work history. Hope it goes well.

Re the Prison Service posts, I would imagine they've only now put in for staff from the panel so people going for the interviews now are being asked if they're interested in it. Didn't get asked about it anyway at my interview, only about the Airport jobs.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I did the interview, it was basically as you said except that I also had a meeting with a prision officer. The interview was fair and balanced and the job seemed interesting. Has anyone else gone for the prision service ?
    I presume the interviews are nearly over as I was low 600's and I think only about 700 are being interviewed

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Hi, thanks for the advice. I did the interview, it was basically as you said except that I also had a meeting with a prision officer. The interview was fair and balanced and the job seemed interesting. Has anyone else gone for the prision service ?
    I presume the interviews are nearly over as I was low 600's and I think only about 700 are being interviewed

Glad it went well. As far as I know none of us at our interview stage was offered prison service, this position might have only come up after then, the first we heard of it was when you mentioned it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Are the Prison Service posts for Longford?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Glad it went well. As far as I know none of us at our interview stage was offered prison service, this position might have only come up after then, the first we heard of it was when you mentioned it.

It could well be down to the region that westmeath11 applied for rather than their placing on the overall panel. They may be high up in their county and the prison service job opened up there.

It could well be down to the region that westmeath11 applied for rather than their placing on the overall panel. They may be high up in their county and the prison service job opened up there.

Good point, didn't think of that. I just assumed it was in connection with the Dublin jobs as only Dublin have been interviewing so far but you could be right/

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

My interview clashes with work so have to arrive and hope a slot opens tomorrow (as they said)... Do you know how likely it would be for one to open up in the afternoon?

Good point, didn't think of that. I just assumed it was in connection with the Dublin jobs as only Dublin have been interviewing so far but you could be right/

As far as I know- the Prison Service are headquartered in Longford- which would correspond with a county specific choice application......

Hi,
    I gave Dublin as my 1st choice, as in my view that is where most of the jobs would be regardless of what dept' you went for, its a bit of a commute but its a steady job.
    If accepted the training is in Portlaoise, after that they did not give me an indication of location. I could commute to Portlaoise or any of the Dublin prisions.
    The job seemed interesting, hopefully I did ok in the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 O C 2007

jimba wrote: »
    I've grown several grey hairs since I applied back in late June. And I've heard nothing since I was told I passed the interview!
    Placed mid 200s so hopeful but nervous.

I am placed in the low 200's and said I would be interested in the airport.... Just wondering if anyone has heard anything around this number or indeed the airport? Also would I be right in thinking that none of us would be starting this side of the New Year if we haven't been asked about references yet? Just trying to make a few plans!!!

O C 2007 wrote: »
    I am placed in the low 200's and said I would be interested in the airport.... Just wondering if anyone has heard anything around this number or indeed the airport? Also would I be right in thinking that none of us would be starting this side of the New Year if we haven't been asked about references yet? Just trying to make a few plans!!!

On your application form did you not have to supply the three references ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I was also placed in low 200s. I was contacted 2 and a half weeks ago about the airport to ask could they contact my references. They rang my boss that afternoon but don't think they've contacted any of my other references yet. I haven't heard anything since either.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 O C 2007

On your application form did you not have to supply the three references ?

Westmeath11 yes we supplied the 3 reference names but they seem to be ringing applicants for permission to contact the references and I haven'd had that call yet! Plus I contacted 2 of my referees this week to say that I have given them as a contact and they haven't been contacted yet!!!

Westmeath11 yes we supplied the 3 reference names but they seem to be ringing applicants for permission to contact the references and I haven'd had that call yet! Plus I contacted 2 of my referees this week to say that I have given them as a contact and they haven't been contacted yet!!!

I think they only contact you for permission to contact your current employer so as not to cause any problems for you. I've seen people comment on here who've had their references contacted but who weren't asked first.

I'm justunder the 200 mark, applied for airport too and have heard nothing since the message that I was successful. I think they're swamped in there TBH with all of this plus the other ongoing and upcoming competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

60 clerical officers - 3 groups of 20 starting in Customer Services in Revenue from January - all going to be training together in one city centre location before presumably being deployed to their permanent Dublin locations.

It might be you!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

When are we informed if we have passed the interview or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Starry12

Fooker wrote: »

I heard back on Oct 24th. About a week after my interview. That was the only quick part about the whole process!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I've edited my earlier post about the COs starting in Revenue after Christmas - now we're hearing 3 groups of 20, starting in January - maybe a couple of weeks apart.

60 clerical officers - 3 groups of 20 starting in Customer Services in Revenue from January - all going to be training together in one city centre location before presumably being deployed to their permanent Dublin locations.

It might be you!

Hope so!! Already there seem to be a good few jobs coming up with the 50 in Airport, 50-60ish in PeoplePoint and now this so hopefully we will all be getting calls really soon. Exciting!

• Advertisement

Hope so!! Already there seem to be a good few jobs coming up with the 50 in Airport, 50-60ish in PeoplePoint and now this so hopefully we will all be getting calls really soon. Exciting!

Social Welfare and Agriculture have both put in for significant numbers of COs too, apparently. Not sure what the story is with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭TINA1984

I'm starting in Peoplepoint in January, placed 150ish in the CO competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dooey_01

TINA1984 wrote: »
    I'm starting in Peoplepoint in January, placed 150ish in the CO competition.

Ah that's brilliant, well done! How did they let you know? Did they give ya any other info? What date ya start?

Social Welfare and Agriculture have both put in for significant numbers of COs too, apparently. Not sure what the story is with them.

All of this sounds really promising, they might get through the panel really quickly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭TINA1984

dooey_01 wrote: »
    Ah that's brilliant, well done! How did they let you know? Did they give ya any other info? What date ya start?

They rang for permission to contact references last week, got a letter + phonecall this week confirming the offer. Start Jan 12.

Been following this thread since it began, great to have reached this far!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Fooker wrote: »

They said a week or two to me after my interview yesterday.

Ciaran wrote: »
    They said a week or two to me after my interview yesterday.

Hi Ciaran
    As you said you were interviewed yesterday did they ask you would you be interested in the prison service ? not much talk about it here, just windering if many decided to apply for it

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

It's so disheartening that there's nothing outside of Dublin on offer. It killer waiting and checking inboxes etc. it would be nice to have some sort of update.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Hi Ciaran
    As you said you were interviewed yesterday did they ask you would you be interested in the prison service ? not much talk about it here, just windering if many decided to apply for it

They did ask me, I wasn't interested. Neither was the guy who came in after me for what that's worth.

The airport jobs must have been worked out already as they didn't ask me about that even though I'd said that I was interested when they asked me a couple of months ago (I had to defer my interview as it clashed with something else).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

ruadh wrote: »
    It's so disheartening that there's nothing outside of Dublin on offer. It killer waiting and checking inboxes etc. it would be nice to have some sort of update.

Cork are opening a new Welfare office in February so they'll need more people.

Advertisement