Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

What kind of jobs are they offering at the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

doovdela wrote: »
    What kind of jobs are they offering at the airport?

Passport control, responsibility for this is transferring from the guards to the immigration and naturalisation service in the department of justice. They will eventually be taking this on in all ports and airports.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

And administrative support for Customs and Excise and Department of Agriculture staff- for the same locations. Proposal is to man these posts 06.00 to 24.00 daily- whereas at the moment its mostly office hours (which doesn't make sense).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

And administrative support for Customs and Excise and Department of Agriculture staff- for the same locations. Proposal is to man these posts 06.00 to 24.00 daily- whereas at the moment its mostly office hours (which doesn't make sense).

If I read the booklet correctly, the proposal is for immigration to be there 24hrs a day. One of the shifts was 20.00-06.00 iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

If I read the booklet correctly, the proposal is for immigration to be there 24hrs a day. One of the shifts was 20.00-06.00 iirc

Yeah it was 24 hours, customs proposals may be different though.

• Advertisement

gonzo.phd wrote: »
    Yeah it was 24 hours, customs proposals may be different though.

There is also a Department of Agriculture presence- which they're proposing to expand.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

ruadh wrote: »
    It's so disheartening that there's nothing outside of Dublin on offer. It killer waiting and checking inboxes etc. it would be nice to have some sort of update.

I totally agree! Feels like this has been going on forever! I hope they concentrate on Cork next!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

paddycakes wrote: »
    I totally agree! Feels like this has been going on forever! I hope they concentrate on Cork next!

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

yenom wrote: »
    Cork are opening a new Welfare office in February so they'll need more people.

Anyone know where this is going to be? I had a Google but couldn't find anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

paddycakes wrote: »
    Anyone know where this is going to be? I had a Google but couldn't find anything!

Abbey Court House on George's Quay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya they can take their time for temp CO campaign. I've usually been on the reserve panel and been offered an interview for Limerick in the middle of a given year. I've had no luck with Kerry though. I apply to Cork next year not just Limerick. I applied to Dublin last year and no luck. I missed the deadline for this year for temp co campaign but not successful with this years permanent CO campaign.

Keep your powder dry- re: out-of-Dublin locations- you may not realise it- but just over 2/3 of the civil service are based in locations other than Dublin. The media don't often mention it- but we have had several decentralisation schemes since the mid 1970s- to the extent that just over 1/4 of all civil service posts are now in Dublin..........

Keep your hopes up- you might be in for a happy surprise down the road.........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I was 298 before the interview. Does anyobne know if you ring them, they have an updated place after the interviews (people failing interview etc)

Ive a job at the minute, so im lucky in that regard, although its the most boring job in the world, bookmakers call centre, so would be delighted to get a call early new year

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westmeath11

I got good news, I reached the standard at interview, I went for the prison service so hopefully I will hear soon

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

I was 298 before the interview. Does anyobne know if you ring them, they have an updated place after the interviews (people failing interview etc)

Ive a job at the minute, so im lucky in that regard, although its the most boring job in the world, bookmakers call centre, so would be delighted to get a call early new year

I'm 297. Let me know if you hear anything!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

I reached the standard. When you get the call, are you given time to think it over?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

I got good news, I reached the standard at interview, I went for the prison service so hopefully I will hear soon

Congratulations x

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Fooker wrote: »
    I reached the standard. When you get the call, are you given time to think it over?

I would assume so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PirlosBeard

I'm in the 170's, got a call last Friday regarding references and was told that I was under consideration for a post.

Moving along at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Was placed 1100 in Dublin, just got invited to stage 2. Totally unexpected. Had forgotten about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I'm the same in 920's and got called for supervised test but I'm away and just got new job so won't be going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

bulmersgal wrote: »
    I'm the same in 920's and got called for interview but I'm away and just got new job so won't be going

Interview or just supervised tests?

Not sure I'll bother anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Interview or just supervised tests?

Not sure I'll bother anyway!

Sorry supervised test. I changed original post 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dooey_01

Anyone ranked in top 25 been officially offered a post?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

There must be way more places than expected, good news for us further down the list, just wish things would move faster, really need a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭jimba

If they are offering round twos for those +887, it bears well for those of us placed in the top 3-400!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 darthinvader

If the supervised tests for the Dublin region are now going to restart does that mean my allocated number or position that I received after the first batch can change ....

If the supervised tests for the Dublin region are now going to restart does that mean my allocated number or position that I received after the first batch can change ....

Have you already sat the supervised test?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 darthinvader

Yes, I placed lower 300s (380-400)

• Advertisement

Yes, I placed lower 300s (380-400)

Your position won't change. Any more people being tested and interviewed will be ranked accordingly. Ie if there's already 400 waiting for placements anymore will be placed 401 onwards

Advertisement