Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭jimba

dooey_01 wrote: »
    Everyone for airport send their acceptance letters back then?..Tis gone very quiet here...

I'm still holding out hope to get an airport offer. Was only asked the end of last week whether I was still interested in the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Everyone for airport send their acceptance letters back then?..Tis gone very quiet here...

I got my call last week saying they're checking my references etc but they never mentioned the airport (which I had applied for too) just asked was I still interested in a job in Dublin. Can't wait now to hear from them again, I'm hoping my references get back to them quickly so that I'd know before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

Yeah sent in today... can't wait now, asked them had they any estimate for a start date and they are hoping for a first intake in mid January.

Also PAS confirmed anyone who refuses the airport keeps their place on the panel, I guess that means next available job as their position has already been reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

donna35 wrote: »
    I got my call last week saying they're checking my references etc but they never mentioned the airport (which I had applied for too) just asked was I still interested in a job in Dublin. Can't wait now to hear from them again, I'm hoping my references get back to them quickly so that I'd know before Christmas.

If I was a betting woman, I might be tempted to put a few euros on you being called for Revenue. Well, maybe not a few euros, because there are so many civil and public service departments, but given that the room is being prepared for the training of the new Revenue entrants next month, a 50c bet would be worth the risk!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

Yes, sent mine back today too..

looking forward to it now, was a bit unsure at first as I had other options.

Meet all the new entrants in January so... gonzo.phd

• Advertisement

If I was a betting woman, I might be tempted to put a few euros on you being called for Revenue. Well, maybe not a few euros, because there are so many civil and public service departments, but given that the room is being prepared for the training of the new Revenue entrants next month, a 50c bet would be worth the risk!:p

I would absolutely love if it was Revenue, it seems really suited to my experience (hint hint PAS people lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

How long did people have between them checking references and being offered a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Anyone else toddling along to the aptitude tests on the 17th?

I have annual leave to use up so have decided to go and have a go!

Ciaran wrote: »
    How long did people have between them checking references and being offered a job?

It took about 3 weeks for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 O C 2007

Gerbilgranny I hope you're right.... and I hoe that if I get Revenue that it will be Ashtown Gate as I live in North Fingal and that would be the best commute for me! I just have to wait now while they check my references then hopefully they offer me something. Then when they offer me something I have to tell them I have a 3 weeks holiday booked to Oz at Easter! I am wondering if they are not happy about that would they not offer me something till I come back in April! It's been booked since the Summer as it's for a family wedding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Sup08 wrote: »
    It took about 3 weeks for me.

Thanks.

Early new year probably so, all going well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Hey lads, is there a way of uploading your cv onto the site or do you just have to apply for specific jobs as they come?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

gonzo.phd wrote: »
    Also PAS confirmed anyone who refuses the airport keeps their place on the panel, I guess that means next available job as their position has already been reached.

Can you confirm this please? In correspondence with PAS I was told very clearly that refusal of airport position meant removal from panel.

Tristram wrote: »
    Can you confirm this please? In correspondence with PAS I was told very clearly that refusal of airport position meant removal from panel.

If you do not take up the Airport, you go back to PAS.
    If you accept the Airport and do not get DAA clearance before you start, you go back to PAS.
    If you start with the Airport and lose your DAA clearance during your probation period, you do not go back to PAS, let go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

It's confirmed in the documents sent by Justice HR

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

I was asked if was interested in applying for ICO. I asked if I successfully interviewed for ICO position would I still be able to take CO. Response was that if offered ICO I would be obliged to accept and would not be considered for any other clerical position. Is this now not the case or have I misread earlier posts?

Yeah it was fairly categorical in the email I got from PAS after asking them, they said I would retain my place on the panel and be offered a post with another department.

Have you been offered the airport already?

On the basis of what I was told in correspondence with PAS I chose to interview for the normal CO role only.

On the basis of what I was told in correspondence with PAS I chose to interview for the normal CO role only.

Did you have your Interview yet?

Sup08 wrote: »
    Did you have your Interview yet?

Yes.

• Advertisement

From what I can tell the department of justice want people to commit to the role (for example you cannot request a transfer for 3 years after your probation period) and have given them an option not to take it if they feel they will not be able to.

Yes.

Darn, that's a pity..

If you interviewed for the Airport but were unsuccessful, you still would have retained your CO position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I sent back my non-acceptance form for the airport role today. I've outlined the various reasons here before why I probably wouldn't take it and the 3 years commitment they want really doesn't suit.

Wishing you all the best and hopefully it makes a great Christmas for some.

Meathlass wrote: »
    I sent back my non-acceptance form for the airport role today. I've outlined the various reasons here before why I probably wouldn't take it and the 3 years commitment they want really doesn't suit.

Wishing you all the best and hopefully it makes a great Christmas for some.

I hope that they will put you back on the panel at your place and you get something more suitable now, or better still in your preferred area. All the best xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Hey guys,
    Just got invited to a supervised assesment for this in Dublin on the 18th. Anyone else going to the same date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Jade182 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Just got invited to a supervised assesment for this in Dublin on the 18th. Anyone else going to the same date?

I was invited for the 17th a week ago. What position were you ranked in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    I was invited for the 17th a week ago. What position were you ranked in Dublin?

I think it was something like number 1102 or something. My PublicJobs account wont let me log in at the moment, the site seems to be down. Very excited because I originally was told I hadn't made the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paul 27

Hi just wondering what's the highest number that's been contacted about references just wondering where about they are

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭jimba

Got the call last week. Placed Mid 200s.

• Advertisement

Jade182 wrote: »
    I think it was something like number 1102 or something.

This is the highest (numerically) I've heard so far.

I know 4 people that were placed in the top 100 and I was just under 150.
    We've all been offered places in departments now with some with some just waiting on start dates.

Advertisement