Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cat17

paul 27 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering what's the highest number that's been contacted about references just wondering where about they are

I got a call yesterday about references & clearance-was placed in the late 200s in Stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 13 talkin2spiders

paul 27 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering what's the highest number that's been contacted about references just wondering where about they are

I placed 200 and haven't heard anything yet, getting a bit worried now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Sup08 wrote: »
    This is the highest (numerically) I've heard so far.

This is for doing the second stage, not interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Sup08 wrote: »
    This is the highest (numerically) I've heard so far.

I know 4 people that were placed in the top 100 and I was just under 150.
    We've all been offered places in departments now with some with some just waiting on start dates.

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    This is for doing the second stage, not interviews.

Yes, sorry Sup08, my original post said I had been invited to the assessment not the interview. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paul 27

i am the mid 300s and just wonder what the time frame might be till i get a call

• Advertisement

I hope it's before Christmas. I'm watching my phone constantly haha

• Registered Users Posts: 32 iffy

Just got the email re the immigration post today, thought I didn't get it to be honest, maybe one of you's who declined freed up a space for me, so thanks for that! Still no start date mentioned which is a hassle as I will have to give 2 weeks notice for my current employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Wexmoth

I've been following this thread since about July but this is my first posting. I received a letter yesterday saying that I was being assigned to the Dept of Communication, Energy and Natural Resources. I haven't been given a start date yet but was told I would be contacted 'shortly'. I was placed 218 after the supervised tests.

Having been out of work since May 2011, this was a nice Christmas pressie.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

Wexmoth wrote: »
    I've been following this thread since about July but this is my first posting. I received a letter yesterday saying that I was being assigned to the Dept of Communication, Energy and Natural Resources. I haven't been given a start date yet but was told I would be contacted 'shortly'. I was placed 218 after the supervised tests.

Congratulations, that's great news for you.

I'm low 300s, so might hear something soon. Location would be a big issue for me though, so will have to see how it all works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Well done everyone who has been assigned. I rang today to check had they received some additional info they wanted from me and was told I should be assigned soon. Really hoping to find out before Christmas as it will just put an extra shine on the festivities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 fifty grand

Wexmoth wrote: »

Congrats. May I just ask what the gap was between their ringing you about the references and getting the letter? I got rung last week (I was mid-200s) about the references, but would really like to know where I'll be assigned...

donna35 wrote: »
    Well done everyone who has been assigned. I rang today to check had they received some additional info they wanted from me and was told I should be assigned soon. Really hoping to find out before Christmas as it will just put an extra shine on the festivities.

Donna what number were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Wexmoth

Congrats. May I just ask what the gap was between their ringing you about the references and getting the letter? I got rung last week (I was mid-200s) about the references, but would really like to know where I'll be assigned...

It was about three weeks. I was actually a bit worried about a couple of my referees. The company closed down after 26 years. I had been with them for 25 years but we parted on bad terms. Thankfully, it has worked out o.k.

Donna what number were you?

194. They rang me Monday of last week to say they were doing my clearance and references, she needed some additional info from me and I got that and sent it on straight away, hopefully now will find out this week or next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Looks like my 478 might be waiting a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭jimba

Got the offer this evening :) The exact position I wanted!

jimba wrote: »

What was it? Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

jimba wrote: »

Congratulations!!!
    Where were you placed jimba?

What was it? Well done!

Check your Private Mail! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15 darthinvader

Cat17 wrote: »
    I got a call yesterday about references & clearance-was placed in the late 200s in Stage 2

Congrats, Can I ask was it 200-250 or 250-300, just trying to gauge how far away I am at 380-400. Thanks.....

• Advertisement

Congrats, Can I ask was it 200-250 or 250-300, just trying to gauge how far away I am at 380-400. Thanks.....

Late 250's will be 250-300.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 iffy

EO competition is up on publicjobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Is there anything stopping people who have been succesful in the CO competition from applying for the EO?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Is there anything stopping people who have been succesful in the CO competition from applying for the EO?

Nope! Best of luck with your application.
    It doesn't seem to have any criteria around time spent as a serving CO for the interdepartmental/departmental competitions, so if you have been appointed you can apply for those also.

Hoping more of us hear this coming week about our appointments. It would be amazing to know before Christmas.

For those of us who were lucky enough to have been appointed, are ye looking for accommodation in Dublin too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Can anyone tell me how long the supervised tests go on for? Like, if they start at 08:45am, when am I likely to be done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dooey_01

Can anyone tell me how long the supervised tests go on for? Like, if they start at 08:45am, when am I likely to be done?

Around the 2 hour mark if I remember right

Think it was about 2 or 2 and a half hours. I would allow at least 4 if planning tickets etc to allow time to get to the centre, then time for everyone's ID to be checked and to be shown where to go as this can take a bit of time and it's best to be quite relaxed about time and not stressing about missing bus/train (if this is the reason you're asking) so you can focus purely on the tests.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Think it was about 2 or 2 and a half hours. I would allow at least 4 if planning tickets etc to allow time to get to the centre, then time for everyone's ID to be checked and to be shown where to go as this can take a bit of time and it's best to be quite relaxed about time and not stressing about missing bus/train (if this is the reason you're asking) so you can focus purely on the tests.

how Different were the supervised tests compared to the online one?

Advertisement