Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

nc19 wrote: »
    how Different were the supervised tests compared to the online one?

It's been a while now, don't remember exactly but they were along the same lines as far as I recall. More questions though. The people working there are great, they'll tell everyone what section they're doing and how many questions with the length of time to answer them so it's all easy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

How important is it that you have a printout of the invitation to stage 2 at the assessment centre... and a passport photo? :-/ Disorganised person is disorganised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    How important is it that you have a printout of the invitation to stage 2 at the assessment centre... and a passport photo? :-/ Disorganised person is disorganised.

Id say the 2 of them, will 100% be needed!

I know people who forgot their garda vwtting forms but they had some of them for people to fill in who hadnt but you will def need the other 2!

Id say the 2 of them, will 100% be needed!

I know people who forgot their garda vwtting forms but they had some of them for people to fill in who hadnt but you will def need the other 2!

No mention of a garda vetting form in my publicjobs email, just checked it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

I'm sure there's a photo booth in the shopping centre. Get your pictures taken there before you go to pas.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    No mention of a garda vetting form in my publicjobs email, just checked it there.

sorry the vetting form was for the interview

eroc79 wrote: »
    I'm sure there's a photo booth in the shopping centre. Get your pictures taken there before you go to pas.

Yeah, googling early morning pharmacies right now! And printing places! :) With my amazing organisational skillz, they'll be lucky to have me. :pac:

That was ggraand. :) Got them to print off my invitation email at reception. :D Way easier than the online tests, way less time pressure. Even though I wasn't pushed, I still got really competitive with myself doing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Yeah, it wasn't as pressurised as the online tests I think. I completed all the checking section handy enough, which I thought I'd be caught out for. But as always, my maths section was the weakest - just not my thing. I'd say I got everything right in the verbal and checking (well, here's hoping)

Verbal was most definitely my weakest section, some of the question took a bit of a ponder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anybody has heard back from the last round of interviews...
    has anyone in the 300's been offered a position? I'm just asking for my boyfriend, as he's been waiting awhile now to hear back from them.

Thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 talkin2spiders

Acacia wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anybody has heard back from the last round of interviews...
    has anyone in the 300's been offered a position? I'm just asking for my boyfriend, as he's been waiting awhile now to hear back from them.

Thanks a mil!

Hi Acacia, I was early 200s and only heard from them yesterday so hopefully it won't be too much longer until your boyfriend hears something. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Hi all. Has anyone from the Donegal region had a call yet? Was placed in the 140s but have heard nothing since...

Hi Acacia, I was early 200s and only heard from them yesterday so hopefully it won't be too much longer until your boyfriend hears something. :-)

Have you had an offer or just heard from them about checking references etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Anyone else get a phone call inviting them to an interview in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

venusdoom wrote: »
    Hi all. Has anyone from the Donegal region had a call yet? Was placed in the 140s but have heard nothing since...

I don't think anyone outside of Dublin has heard anything yet.

donna35 wrote: »
    Have you had an offer or just heard from them about checking references etc?

Just a call about references Donna, no offer. What stage are you at now? I'm crossing my fingers I'll know more before Christmas but may be a bit too late for that now. Well a New Year, New Start would be just as good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 toadlicker

I think I'm in the same boat as Donna. I scored around 170, got a call to check references a few weeks back, maybe three weeks. No offer yet.

I have been onto my referees and they said they were very positive in there responses so its guess its underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PirlosBeard

toadlicker wrote: »
    I think I'm in the same boat as Donna. I scored around 170, got a call to check references a few weeks back, maybe three weeks. No offer yet.

I have been onto my referees and they said they were very positive in there responses so its guess its underway.

I scored 180 and found out I'm heading to DPER yesterday. Keep an eye out for post.

I scored 180 and found out I'm heading to DPER yesterday. Keep an eye out for post.

PirolsBeard, how long was it between the call about references and getting the letter was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 PirlosBeard

PirolsBeard, how long was it between the call about references and getting the letter was it?

2-3 weeks. Letter was pretty short of detail unfortunately.

2-3 weeks. Letter was pretty short of detail unfortunately.

Thanks PirolsBeard, looks like it could be the new year until I hear anything. best of luck in the DPEP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Anyone else in doing their supervised test this morning??

That one question in the numerical part about the trees!!!!!!! If I had 20 mins for that question alone I dont think I would have got it.............feel pretty good about the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Got a call!!!.I'm under consideration for a position in Dublin. I was a bit distracted as I had my baby and he was giving out so didn't get to ask many questions. I've since moved to kildare so not sure how it will work!!!

Just a call about references Donna, no offer. What stage are you at now? I'm crossing my fingers I'll know more before Christmas but may be a bit too late for that now. Well a New Year, New Start would be just as good :-)

I got the call 2 weeks ago, had to send them extra info, posted that and rang the other day to check that it had arrived ok and the lady said that my clearance and references are all sorted and I should be assigned soon. Would really really love to get it before they break up for Christmas, just to know where would be fab but at least, like you, we know it will be soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I keep checking this thread to see if you heard anything, Donna!

nc19 wrote: »
    That one question in the numerical part about the trees!!!!!!!

Found most of that question fine except the last one, which I just didn't have enough time to ponder, so I left it blank. Happy with the rest of the numerical so wasn't too fussed.

donna35 wrote: »
    I got the call 2 weeks ago, had to send them extra info, posted that and rang the other day to check that it had arrived ok and the lady said that my clearance and references are all sorted and I should be assigned soon. Would really really love to get it before they break up for Christmas, just to know where would be fab but at least, like you, we know it will be soon.

Fingers crossed we both hear something soon Donna :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

Just got the call to ask if it was ok to go and check my references. I'm low 300s so either there is a lot of jobs or people are turning them down.

Location will be a big deciding factor for me so we'll see what happens .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westmeath11

Hi Congrat's on getting the position. I have stopped following this thread for a while as I wanted to take my mind off it. It may be a silly question but what is DPER.

Advertisement