Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PirlosBeard

Hi Congrat's on getting the position. I have stopped following this thread for a while as I wanted to take my mind off it. It may be a silly question but what is DPER.

Thanks! It's the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform .. The department PeoplePoint falls into.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Holidays or a Job?

Id take the Job personally!

Take the job, we cancelled a holiday last year because my boyfriend got a new job. There will be loads of time for holidays, a permanent job may not come up again. If the person you are going with is supportive enough she will understand your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Underworld12

Just wondering if Northern Ireland has any TCO jobs available over the summer months like the Civil Service here in the Republic?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westmeath11

Thanks! It's the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform .. The department PeoplePoint falls into.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Just wondering if Northern Ireland has any TCO jobs available over the summer months like the Civil Service here in the Republic?

I haven't seen TCO campaign jobs like previously that is available on the NI version of the public service recruitment websites just general temp jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

I keep checking this thread to see if you heard anything, Donna!

Nothing yet.Will update immediately if there is but somehow now I don't think I will hear before Christmas. They are probably swamped with organising interviewing the next batch etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

Just had a call from one of my referees, she got a call today. This is all moving a lot quicker than I expected. I wonder how many of the referees they check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

Anyone from the Kerry region called for stage 2 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

kaiser31 wrote: »
    Anyone from the Kerry region called for stage 2 yet?

Nobody outside of Dublin has heard anything yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Karbolt wrote: »
    Nobody outside of Dublin has heard anything yet.

the irish language stream from other counties has been called in and recently sat stage 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

hoodwinked wrote: »
    the irish language stream from other counties has been called in and recently sat stage 2.

Any idea which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 iffy

Hi, so with the people over 887 doing their supervised tests, how is thier placing in the panel figured out. Could their performance in the supervised test make them jump higher up the panel i.e 340, bumping people further down the list again??

iffy wrote: »
    Hi, so with the people over 887 doing their supervised tests, how is thier placing in the panel figured out. Could their performance in the supervised test make them jump higher up the panel i.e 340, bumping people further down the list again??

I can't be certain but I would not imagine that the placing of the people over 887 would have any effect on anybody who has placed as 340 and upwards after phase 2. It wouldn't make sense and would negate the placings system completely as the people in places 1-340 (or whatever it is) have those places from how well we did in the tests.

I would imagine they would be given placings from say 341 onwards as this would be the fair method. It would seem loads of people have gained employment elsewhere in the meantime opening up more opportunities, either that or the demand for staff in all the different offices is way beyond expectations - either way it is wonderful for all.

Got my letter today, I'm being sent to the HSE, am absolutely delighted now. Cannot wait to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

donna35 wrote: »
    Got my letter today, I'm being sent to the HSE, am absolutely delighted now. Cannot wait to start.

Thats brilliant Donna Congratulations! Have u any idea where you will be based? Can i ask what number u ranked at?

Congratulations, brilliant Christmas present for you:-)

Do you mind me asking where it is based. I'm at the reference checking stage but location will be a deal breaker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭jimba

Congrats Donna. So when's that Boards.ie new clerical officer night out gonna be people? :)

Thanks everyone. Will be based in Tallaght. This is REALLY handy for me as I'm in Drimnagh so only a luas ride away. Hopefully if going by mine they are paying attention to people's locations as much as they can. I placed as 194.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

Thanks everyone. Will be based in Tallaght. This is REALLY handy for me as I'm in Drimnagh so only a luas ride away. Hopefully if going by mine they are paying attention to people's locations as much as they can. I placed as 194.

Ah thats brilliant! Hopefully they are taking locations into consideration. Best of luck in the new job :)

That's great, a short Luas trip is so handy.

Fingers crossed we'll all be as lucky

• Advertisement

Penguin100 wrote: »
    That's great, a short Luas trip is so handy.

Fingers crossed we'll all be as lucky

I hope you all are too, and that you find out really soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Chocolate Teapot

Congrats to everyone who got a job! I just wanted to ask about placing...did the place you came on the panel change after supervised test/interview? I've got through to the next phase for local authorities but am far enough down the list. I think I would do much better (hopefully!) in an interview than in the test but just wanted to know if I'm stuck at this placing! Thanks guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Congrats to everyone who got a job! I just wanted to ask about placing...did the place you came on the panel change after supervised test/interview? I've got through to the next phase for local authorities but am far enough down the list. I think I would do much better (hopefully!) in an interview than in the test but just wanted to know if I'm stuck at this placing! Thanks guys!!

I believe you stay in the same order but you could move up numerically due to people failing the interview or dropping out of the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Chocolate Teapot

Thanks for that eroc. That's a pity, I think that if I got to the interview I'd be in with a good shot but unless a couple of hundred people fail the interview I'm unlikely to even get to that stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Starting in Revenue on the 12th, nice Christmas present. :)

Best of luck to everyone else, hopefully plenty more jobs still to come.

Ciaran wrote: »
    Starting in Revenue on the 12th, nice Christmas present. :)

Best of luck to everyone else, hopefully plenty more jobs still to come.

Congratulations and all the best of luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 13 talkin2spiders

Big congratulations Donna. I got my letter today and I'm delighted too. Guess we both got the christmas presents we wanted. Best of luck with the new job!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭jimba

Does anyone know if Civil Service pay is weekly or fortnightly?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

Depends on your grade. Clerical officers are paid weekly. Executive officers and above fortnightly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Donna35 isn't coming to Revenue.....now I've nothing to look forward to in 2015.

But congratulations to you!

Advertisement