Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Donna35 isn't coming to Revenue.....now I've nothing to look forward to in 2015.

But congratulations to you!

Anyone who has a job offer how has it worked for you from getting the call for references?
    What's next Will I get a call saying I've got a job or not or just a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Catuohy89 wrote: »
    Anyone who has a job offer how has it worked for you from getting the call for references?

I got a phone call and then a letter the next day.

Ciaran wrote: »
    I got a phone call and then a letter the next day.

How long after the reference check? And how long do you have to accept ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 efaah

I accepted a position as an immigration control officer but i havent heard anything since, has anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Donna35 isn't coming to Revenue.....now I've nothing to look forward to in 2015.

But congratulations to you!

Thank you so much, would have loved to have met you too xx

About 2-3 weeks after getting the call for references I got the letter in the post, no phone call. Just a letter saying that they were sending me to HSE and that the personnel officer from that department will be in touch to let me know location and date etc.

There was nothing on it either (for the other poster who asked) to say how long I had to consider it or not. I'd assume when I get the phone call they'll say more on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

efaah wrote: »
    I accepted a position as an immigration control officer but i havent heard anything since, has anyone else?

Not yet. I called and was told I will be starting the middle of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

How long after the reference check? And how long do you have to accept ?

It was 2 or 3 weeks after they called me about references, one of my referees called me the day before to say they'd been on to him. I was happy to accept on the spot so I don't know how long you have, sorry.

Ciaran wrote: »
    It was 2 or 3 weeks after they called me about references, one of my referees called me the day before to say they'd been on to him. I was happy to accept on the spot so I don't know how long you have, sorry.
    Thanks they called my references the same day. I'd love to accept on the spot but we've moved to kildaee since so need to figure out commuting etc. I dunno whether to hold off for kildare panel or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MommySquish

I've still not had a call for anything. Anyone know what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

I've still not had a call for anything. Anyone know what the story is?

What are you expecting a call for?
    What number were you on the panel?

More info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 O C 2007

Happy New Year everyone! Am in a bit of a predicament!!! Got the call to check references and they said they HAVE to contact my existing employer eventhough I have given 3 referees in total... I am just worried that it's going to put me in an awful position in the current workplace until I am assigned a clerical officer role. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Time is running out and this is going to come completely out of the blue to my current employer and I am wondering should I just bite the bullet and tell her to expect a call!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westmeath11

O C 2007 wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone! Am in a bit of a predicament!!! Got the call to check references and they said they HAVE to contact my existing employer eventhough I have given 3 referees in total... I am just worried that it's going to put me in an awful position in the current workplace until I am assigned a clerical officer role. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Time is running out and this is going to come completely out of the blue to my current employer and I am wondering should I just bite the bullet and tell her to expect a call!

i think just tell her, if she get's the call and you have not told her she may give you a bad reference, that may turn out bad

Thanks Westmeath11! There is no possibility that she could give me a bad one based on my work performance, so I suppose just tell her, it's just that they are culling staff at the moment and I reckon that I will be added to the list if she knows I am planning on going... and I can't afford really to be out of work before I get the clerical officer role!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DetteDublin

Thanks Westmeath11! There is no possibility that she could give me a bad one based on my work performance, so I suppose just tell her, it's just that they are culling staff at the moment and I reckon that I will be added to the list if she knows I am planning on going... and I can't afford really to be out of work before I get the clerical officer role!!!

I'm going to be in the same position - having to tell my current employer to expect a call. Do you mind me asking what number you are at? I'm on tentherhooks the whole time, waiting on my phone to ring. (I'm in the 400's). TIA.

I am 238 and they contacted me a few weeks ago about references and I asked them to leave it until they absolutely HAD to contact them and they called me back Xmas week to say they would have to call them this week of the 5th! Another thing the guy let slip to me was that he doesnt normally work in PAS in Abbey Street he's normally in Revenue, so I am wondering does that mean I am going to Revenue?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DetteDublin

I am 238 and they contacted me a few weeks ago about references and I asked them to leave it until they absolutely HAD to contact them and they called me back Xmas week to say they would have to call them this week of the 5th! Another thing the guy let slip to me was that he doesnt normally work in PAS in Abbey Street he's normally in Revenue, so I am wondering does that mean I am going to Revenue?!?!

Thanks for your quick response O C., I'm hoping to get Revenue! Anyway, it'll be a while before I need to worry so. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

I'm low 300s and got a call the week before Christmas to ask if they could check references. They called one of them the next day, so you might hear from them sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

Penguin100 wrote: »
    I'm low 300s and got a call the week before Christmas to ask if they could check references. They called one of them the next day, so you might hear from them sooner rather than later.

Im 323 just wondering if ur before or after that as i havnt heard anything yet. Im out of work so i dont have a current employer so im thinking they wont ring me to make sure its ok to contact references? Has anyone else currently unemployed been contacted about them ringing references. Feels like this is taking forever!

AshF22 wrote: »
    Im 323 just wondering if ur before or after that as i havnt heard anything yet. Im out of work so i dont have a current employer so im thinking they wont ring me to make sure its ok to contact references? Has anyone else currently unemployed been contacted about them ringing references. Feels like this is taking forever!
    I'm 293 and got a call before Christmas. I'm unemployed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

AshF22 wrote: »

I'm 310 and not currently working but they still rang. He said that I was being considered for a position in Dublin and was it ok to check references.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Thanks for your quick response O C., I'm hoping to get Revenue! Anyway, it'll be a while before I need to worry so. Good luck.

I wouldnt use that as an indication, he coupd be on secondment as PAS are short staffed

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shoobz

Long time lurker, etc etc.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I was talking to someone about the start date for ICOs, and they are giving a hopeful date of the 19th, but he said it could be pushed to the 26th or even the 2nd of February. He said they would have a definite answer for people this week, but for anyone having to give notice at work or move house, I hope that helps a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dooey_01

shoobz wrote: »
    Long time lurker, etc etc.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I was talking to someone about the start date for ICOs, and they are giving a hopeful date of the 19th, but he said it could be pushed to the 26th or even the 2nd of February. He said they would have a definite answer for people this week, but for anyone having to give notice at work or move house, I hope that helps a little.

Ah that's good. I was told contracts will be sent in mail this week, and start sometime around the end of month. Another guy was told a start date of 12th or 19th...my money is on February :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shoobz

dooey_01 wrote: »
    Ah that's good. I was told contracts will be sent in mail this week, and start sometime around the end of month. Another guy was told a start date of 12th or 19th...my money is on February :)

Mine too, but as I have to move up from Sligo I'm not taking any chances. Got temporary accommodation sorted, and a permanent place available from the 7th. It must be awful for people working currently to not have any idea when to give notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

Penguin100 wrote: »
    I'm 310 and not currently working but they still rang. He said that I was being considered for a position in Dublin and was it ok to check references.

Ok thanks a mill. I rang the office there and got through to a lady who told me she thinks i should expect to hear something soon so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Starz48

Has anybody heard or know anything about the positions coming up outside of Dublin. I'm waiting on cork or kerry, placed in the 200s in cork and 100s in Kerry and would love to know if il be waiting weeks or months to hear anything 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I'd imagine outside Dublin will be months before the actual jobs anyway.
    Looking at Dublin it took a fair amount of time from when people did the supervised tests, then interviews and then the offers.

I'm outside dublin too, don't have my hopes up for anytime soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Starz48 wrote: »
    Has anybody heard or know anything about the positions coming up outside of Dublin. I'm waiting on cork or kerry, placed in the 200s in cork and 100s in Kerry and would love to know if il be waiting weeks or months to hear anything 😊

Waiting on cork too!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

eroc79 wrote: »
    Waiting on cork too!

Me too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dooey_01

anyone for ICO posts startin the 26th Jan?...lunch date? lol

Advertisement